It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

His teeth started bleeding

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

Female Join date : 2012-01-30

His teeth started bleeding  Empty
PostSubject: His teeth started bleeding    His teeth started bleeding  EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 12:47 pm

Shocked
Nunya and I were playing tug with his favorite stuffed animal and, after a few minutes, I smelled something weird and realized it was blood after I looked down. I saw that there was blood on the toy and I immediately stopped a examined his teeth (which he fought like a banshee because he hates being held lol).
His back morals on the left side were bleeding and it looked like more of his third from the back tooth had grown out, so I think I just helped it break through the gum. It didn't look like if was bothering him.
Should I be worried? Should I just hold off on playing tug of war for a while?

We've never had a puppy before so I have no idea >.>
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: His teeth started bleeding    His teeth started bleeding  EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 2:43 pm

We had no idea pups lost teeth so this experience was a scary one for us too. I'd hold off on tug for a little while personally, but the tooth exchange experience is no big deal to the pup.
Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: His teeth started bleeding    His teeth started bleeding  EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 2:52 pm

Luka trotted up to me the park just the other day with blood dripping from his tongue, i gave him a drink of water and the bleeding stopped immediately, i checked his mouth an a premolar on his left top jaw had dropped out.

only the previous week a premolar on the same side but bottom jaw had fallen out with zero bleeding.

Just thought that knowing someone else who is currently going through the same thing would help you relax, I've never had a puppy before either and if it wasn't for the lady in the park telling me not to worry I'd have probably been worried too Smile Apparently, if there is blood coming from their mouth, a drink of water will stop it if its from the gums, if it is the tongue however, then the bleeding will continue.

Have you seen his teeth when they have fallen out? Luka's are hollow inside, wondering if yours look the same lol.

edit: I'm sure if they fall out completely naturally they shouldn't really bleed, but if they are helped out a day or two early by a game like tug of war for example, then they bleed, but shouldn't be cause for concern if the bleeding is only brief.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: His teeth started bleeding    His teeth started bleeding  EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:31 pm

Just place the tooth that falls out under his pillow so the dog tooth fairy can come for it.

(Dog tooth fairies leave treats not money.)
Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

PostSubject: Re: His teeth started bleeding    His teeth started bleeding  EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 2:43 pm

Okay, it's good to know that that's normal! I wasn't sure what to think, thanks guys :]
I've been doing toy and treat rewards, and tug is the only thing he actually likes, so I'll just have to be more careful.

Erin, I would've been so worried! That also reminds me that I should take Nunya to the dog park sometime..

No, I haven't seen any of his teeth. Maybe he eats them? haha
When our doberman got older and started losing some of her teeth, she always swallowed them. I did manage to grab one from her, and that was hollow inside.

I don't think he needs a toothfairy, he gets lots of treats as it is Very Happy haha
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: His teeth started bleeding    His teeth started bleeding  EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 4:12 pm

Yeah, just a loose tooth or one falling out. Tug of war is a good way to loosen puppy teeth if they won't fall out. I remember it happening a lot with Siku. Elara never liked and still doesn't like to play tug for some reason. Mine would usually swallow their teeth too.

His teeth started bleeding  Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: His teeth started bleeding    His teeth started bleeding  EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 5:06 pm

I gave Kale the Everlasting Treat Ball and that helped loosen his teeth, I actually have a few which is rare, they usually swallow them lol
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
MyKeeonah
Teenager
Teenager
MyKeeonah

Male Join date : 2012-01-28

PostSubject: Re: His teeth started bleeding    His teeth started bleeding  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:30 am

Keeonah would tell me when she was about to lose teeth:P. i have one of those balls that is a bunch of loops of rope, and she never really played with it unless she was teething. She'd start playing with the ball, and 40 minutes later I would find a baby tooth on the floor lol. Happened 4 times in one week before!
Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

PostSubject: Re: His teeth started bleeding    His teeth started bleeding  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 2:28 pm

We have both of his upper canines now lol He looks so funny with the little nubs growing in! I wish he would tell us when he's gonna lose a tooth, but he's always chewing on something so we really don't know haha
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: His teeth started bleeding    His teeth started bleeding  EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:07 pm

give him a frozen carrot to chew on it will feel good on his gums
Back to top Go down
Mouse85
Newborn
Newborn
Mouse85

Male Join date : 2013-04-02

PostSubject: Re: His teeth started bleeding    His teeth started bleeding  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 4:04 pm

Yuri's front K9's fell out last week with no blood, but the premolar on the bottom jar fell out sometime yesterday with so much blood. I was worried till i read this post. Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: His teeth started bleeding    His teeth started bleeding  EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 5:40 pm

How long does the losing puppy teeth process last usually? Koda is 5months and lost like 5 so far
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: His teeth started bleeding    His teeth started bleeding  EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:19 pm

Those hollow teeth are called caps I believe. The milkteeth or baby teeth molars are all like that, weird I know. I found about 10 of the labs baby teeth, about 5 of Balons, and Loki is still too young.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: His teeth started bleeding    His teeth started bleeding  Empty

Back to top Go down

His teeth started bleeding

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1