It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Bob finally made it to Water Therapy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shirl51
Puppy
Puppy
shirl51

Female Join date : 2011-09-08

Bob finally made it to Water Therapy Empty
PostSubject: Bob finally made it to Water Therapy   Bob finally made it to Water Therapy EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 4:29 pm

We finally got the okay from the Vet to let Bob go to therapy. He tried to tie up Bob's good leg so he would be forced to use the other leg that the fho operation took care of. Bob was not having it. I found two places one was one hour away at $60.00 an hour for twice a week. The other 15 minutes away for $40.00 an hour. Well of course we tried out the last one. We had a blast. The Techs were wonderful. Bob was having so much fun I was amazed. And this is the dog that the first vet I went too said Bob has a problem and forcibly held him down to get his shots. The vet we are going to now is great and it seems Bob loves them both. Anyway everything was going great and then they introduced Bob to the Pool. Now remember Bob has never been in a pool before. The techs worked with him massaging him with his life jacket on (there were three of them) and within 15 minutes he was swimming across the pool by himself. i was so proud of him I could cry so was Frank Smile. We will be taking pictures of him next weekend.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Bob finally made it to Water Therapy   Bob finally made it to Water Therapy EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 4:36 pm

Did I miss what happened to Bob? That's awesome that you have the option of water therapy so close to you!
Back to top Go down
shirl51
Puppy
Puppy
shirl51

PostSubject: Re: Bob finally made it to Water Therapy   Bob finally made it to Water Therapy EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:11 pm

Hi Mindy
Bob is a rescue dog. I got him in August of last year from the same place Rebecca did. He was terribly abused. He was hit by a car left in the hot sun while she went on a trip with no food or water in a closed in crate. The SPCA took him and took care of him they even took xrays but were about to put him to sleep when Janet stepped in and saved him I was worried about the injury as you could feel the bone on the hip was two inches higher than the other side. The first vet I took him too put him on glucosime without an xray. I took him to a second vet as we did not like the way she handled him and he suggested xrays as the ones that were taken were months old (I did not have copies of them) and he did not like the way Bob was walking. The xrays taken showed the ball was not placed in the hip but moved down and leg moved up so there was only friction between the leg and the ball suffice to say he suggested an fho to remove the ball altogether. Bob is just now starting to use that leg but no running, no fetch no off the leash at all. So we take slow walks for about 15 minutes that is about all he can take right now but it will get better I am sure esp with the therapy.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Bob finally made it to Water Therapy   Bob finally made it to Water Therapy EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:21 pm

Poor Bob! I had considered that surgery for Dakota but decided against it becuase of his age. I'm glad it's working for him. He's very lucky to have you!
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Bob finally made it to Water Therapy   Bob finally made it to Water Therapy EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:28 pm

aawww... So good to hear you stepped in to save him but so sad he had to go through all that pain first.
Good luck with the water therapy and keep us update to date on how he is doing.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Bob finally made it to Water Therapy   Bob finally made it to Water Therapy EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 5:31 pm

Hi glad you rescue Bob.. Good luck with the water therapy..

He looks somewhat Like Blaze in the face marking.

How old is he??
Back to top Go down
shirl51
Puppy
Puppy
shirl51

PostSubject: Re: Bob finally made it to Water Therapy   Bob finally made it to Water Therapy EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 6:52 pm

Hi Bob turned 1 year in December. I think the therapy wore him out he has been sleeping all day.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Bob finally made it to Water Therapy   Bob finally made it to Water Therapy EmptySat Mar 03, 2012 7:35 pm

DO take care of him, you are doing a great job of it..

Blaze is a bit older he was a year around October not sure of his birth date.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bob finally made it to Water Therapy   Bob finally made it to Water Therapy Empty

Back to top Go down

Bob finally made it to Water Therapy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1