It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Crufts 2012

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

Crufts 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Crufts 2012   Crufts 2012 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 7:47 pm

Have any of you been watching Crufts?

The judging for the working dogs is here. The Siberian Husky came second.

I've enjoyed watching some of the agility on youtube. Felt sorry for the person whose dog went potty part-way round ... here
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

Crufts 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crufts 2012   Crufts 2012 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 7:55 pm

poor girl, how embarrassing that was! i have been watching thanks to my sister, i was actually going to go up to birmingham today but found out last minute that you can't bring your dog with you!
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

Crufts 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crufts 2012   Crufts 2012 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 8:11 pm

Crufts is a huge topic of discussion/debate this year.

Crufts 2012 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

Crufts 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crufts 2012   Crufts 2012 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 9:06 pm

Haha...yes they were! http://www.honestdog.com/2012/03/09/fancy-reacts-with-outrage-over-denying-two-train-wreck-dogs-their-trophies/

Crufts 2012 Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

Crufts 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crufts 2012   Crufts 2012 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 9:42 pm

Thanks for the link Sara; I enjoyed the vintage footage of racing pekes that it referred to. The controversy and debate is a good thing - I'm glad they are thinking about the health of the dogs. I have to admit I was mainly interested in the agility, but since this is a sibe forum I thought I'd better post the sibe-relevant bit!
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

Crufts 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crufts 2012   Crufts 2012 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 6:28 am

KC where grilled for not considering the health of the dogs in the past & there were many examples of genetically unwell dogs winning "best in show" which then gave the owner a reason to breed!

NOW however, from what i've read, I believe that after judging, a vet examines the winner, and if it is unhealthy in anyway, the prize is withdrawn. So its better than it used to be!

I still disagree with the showing your dog unless its for a skill and not for its looks because these specifications breeders have to go by result in huge exaggerations that aren't always kind to the dog but are what win prizes!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crufts 2012 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crufts 2012   Crufts 2012 Empty

Back to top Go down

Crufts 2012

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1