It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

pads of the feet

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cbhart
Teenager
Teenager
cbhart

Female Join date : 2012-01-19

pads of the feet Empty
PostSubject: pads of the feet   pads of the feet EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 11:59 am

Okay so i was rubbing rivers paws and notice they felt like a cats tounge smooth one direction and rough the other is this normal for huskys pads to feel like this. my chihuahua's doesnt feel the same way so i was just wondering??
Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

pads of the feet Empty
PostSubject: Re: pads of the feet   pads of the feet EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 12:04 pm

Luka's pads are exactly the same, he's a strange child so I wouldn't be surprised if it was abnormal Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cbhart
Teenager
Teenager
cbhart

pads of the feet Empty
PostSubject: Re: pads of the feet   pads of the feet EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 12:16 pm

its funny but i hate touching his feet now LOL but it must be normal im thinking
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

pads of the feet Empty
PostSubject: Re: pads of the feet   pads of the feet EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 12:39 pm

Rough pads are healthy pads Wink
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

pads of the feet Empty
PostSubject: Re: pads of the feet   pads of the feet EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 12:44 pm

Erinc wrote:
Luka's pads are exactly the same, he's a strange child so I wouldn't be surprised if it was abnormal Very Happy

well how old?
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

pads of the feet Empty
PostSubject: Re: pads of the feet   pads of the feet EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 12:46 pm

Yep rough paws are healthy paws, they need them to be rough so they can walk on surfaces.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

pads of the feet Empty
PostSubject: Re: pads of the feet   pads of the feet EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 1:04 pm

cbhart wrote:
Okay so i was rubbing rivers paws and notice they felt like a cats tounge smooth one direction and rough the other is this normal for huskys pads to feel like this. my chihuahua's doesnt feel the same way so i was just wondering??

Same for my pack. They all go walking in the same places but my sibe has always been the one with rough pads and both my chi girls are nice and smooth. Smile

Teenager
Teenager
cbhart

pads of the feet Empty
PostSubject: Re: pads of the feet   pads of the feet EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 1:16 pm

im glad to know my boy is normal LOL
Back to top Go down
cbhart
Teenager
Teenager
cbhart

pads of the feet Empty
PostSubject: Re: pads of the feet   pads of the feet EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 1:27 pm

oops
Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

pads of the feet Empty
PostSubject: Re: pads of the feet   pads of the feet EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 2:39 pm

norbreedslove wrote:
Erinc wrote:

well how old?

5 months 1 week 3 days to be exact Smile
Back to top Go down
MyKeeonah
Teenager
Teenager
MyKeeonah

Male Join date : 2012-01-28

pads of the feet Empty
PostSubject: Re: pads of the feet   pads of the feet EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 3:29 pm

only 2 days younger than Keeonah:) It's my favorite age so far!
Back to top Go down
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

pads of the feet Empty
PostSubject: Re: pads of the feet   pads of the feet EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 6:19 pm

Dredging up an old topic but is it normal for tge pads to be extremely rough? When Bella paws at us she'll actually scratch us with her pads sometimes. Is there something i could get to put on her pads to soften them a bit maybe? Jasper doesnt have this issue his pads are rough but not...sharp i guess you can say. They walk on cement and grass or dirty where they killed the grass then just in the house were we are pulling carpet up so we just have the wood of the floors.
Back to top Go down
WolvenSight
Teenager
Teenager
WolvenSight

pads of the feet Empty
PostSubject: Re: pads of the feet   pads of the feet EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 8:36 pm

My husky pads are really rough and can also scratch me like a nail could. Mushers Secret is the best for cut pads, softening pads, and everything else for your dog really. I put some of that on mine and it feels smooth again in a day.
Back to top Go down
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

pads of the feet Empty
PostSubject: Re: pads of the feet   pads of the feet EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 8:38 pm

Thats what i was thinking of trying but wasnt sure, Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Aphongch
Newborn
Newborn
Aphongch

Male Join date : 2013-11-14

pads of the feet Empty
PostSubject: Re: pads of the feet   pads of the feet EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 5:30 pm

On a side note from the Pads... Have anyone brought up the topic of trimming the hair between their pads? Naomi's is growing a lot of fur there and some places say to cut it others say not to.. so I am looking for some opinions on that!

Any Help is great! thanks
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

pads of the feet Empty
PostSubject: Re: pads of the feet   pads of the feet EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 5:40 pm

MS is great for the pads, we use it to keep snow off the hair while hiking and shoeing. if you do hike and walk in rough places and use it to much it can soften the pads to much and they will end up raw or cut.
as for the hair, its up to you it is 50/50 with people who do trim it and don't. no harm if you do unless you cut the pad.

Adult
Adult
Hughie

pads of the feet Empty
PostSubject: Re: pads of the feet   pads of the feet EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 8:14 pm

I like to cut the pad hair so Maya doesn't slip and fall as easily, we have more floor than rug. It is fun to take her to store when it's overgrown and watch her run in place!
Back to top Go down
BradyLK
Newborn
Newborn

Female Join date : 2013-08-08

pads of the feet Empty
PostSubject: Re: pads of the feet   pads of the feet EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 8:17 pm

I'm in the same boat as far as my pups paw pads scratching me when we play. I was thinking about getting some of the Musher's Secret, but also noticed some saying that you don't want their paws to get too soft. Is there a happy medium? How often should I apply it?
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

pads of the feet Empty
PostSubject: Re: pads of the feet   pads of the feet EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 9:48 pm

So i started rollerblading with koda and have been putting MS on him before each session. Is that to much? I didnt realize soft pads are bad.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

pads of the feet Empty
PostSubject: Re: pads of the feet   pads of the feet EmptyWed Apr 23, 2014 2:35 am

If you are traveling on pavement I'd suggest you keep the MS regiment going. There is a difference between building up healthy roughness in the pads and hard surface wearing the pad away.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
Sponsored content

pads of the feet Empty
PostSubject: Re: pads of the feet   pads of the feet Empty

Back to top Go down

pads of the feet

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1