It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Greeting from manchester/england.!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ant&Lisa
Newborn
Newborn
Ant&Lisa

Male Join date : 2012-03-20

Greeting from manchester/england.! Empty
PostSubject: Greeting from manchester/england.!   Greeting from manchester/england.! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 10:07 am

Hi folks, im tony, the better half is lisa and our daughters leigh&bethany. But more importantly tagging along is Nanook..
Im sure there is a load of sibe's called nanook or nookie as we call him, but we live in manchester which is northern england, so i thought that was as good reason as any for nanook of the north, but i was a teenager in the 80's and still love the lost boys movie.. Very Happy .

so he is 2 year and 5 months old, and way over 40 kilos, and he's been ours since he was 6 weeks old.

here he is when we first got him as a pup..
Greeting from manchester/england.! S4022503
Greeting from manchester/england.! Nanook2

Here about 10 months old on the beach.
Greeting from manchester/england.! Photo0040

Here he is looking cool..
Greeting from manchester/england.! IMG_0123

And this was yesterday..
Greeting from manchester/england.! Photo0297

I hope this finds you all well, and its great to be here..
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from manchester/england.!   Greeting from manchester/england.! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 10:15 am

Welcome! wave Nookie is absolutely gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
cbhart
Teenager
Teenager
cbhart

Female Join date : 2012-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from manchester/england.!   Greeting from manchester/england.! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 11:48 am

welcome wave
Back to top Go down
iceblulady
Adult
Adult
iceblulady

Female Join date : 2012-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from manchester/england.!   Greeting from manchester/england.! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 1:32 pm

Hi and welcome to the forums wave

You have a gorgeous furbaby Smile
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from manchester/england.!   Greeting from manchester/england.! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 2:40 pm

Welcome. Nookie is very handsome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from manchester/england.!   Greeting from manchester/england.! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 3:02 pm

Welcome to the forum! I love the UK Smile You're the 3rd person I know from Manchester. I used to live in Edinburgh, so not too far north!

Nanook is very handsome! I love his brown spot on his head!

Greeting from manchester/england.! Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Ant&Lisa
Newborn
Newborn
Ant&Lisa

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from manchester/england.!   Greeting from manchester/england.! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 3:16 pm

Koda wrote:
Welcome to the forum! I love the UK Smile You're the 3rd person I know from Manchester. I used to live in Edinburgh, so not too far north!

Nanook is very handsome! I love his brown spot on his head!
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone..its much appreciated..
Yeah he actually has a little tuft of fur that sticks up, and almost was called 'Mo' lol..

Edinburgh is a huge trek from manchester...lol
But i have friends and family, in the states..so i got used to making that short trip from north carolina up to balitimore.. Very Happy

I love the pics of everyone's dogs, but im biased..i guess its a husky thing..(sorry couldn't resist it)..
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from manchester/england.!   Greeting from manchester/england.! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 3:20 pm

Welcome to the forum. Nanook is very handsome. I like the markings round his eyes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from manchester/england.!   Greeting from manchester/england.! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 4:47 pm

Ant&Lisa wrote:
Edinburgh is a huge trek from manchester...lol
It's all relative Laughing Considering it can take about 11 hours to get from one side of New York STATE to the other, going just under 4 hours from Manchester to Edinburgh is not that far to me, lol Smile

Greeting from manchester/england.! Hailey10
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from manchester/england.!   Greeting from manchester/england.! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 5:00 pm

Welcome! i also love Nanook's brown spots Smile and his flip up on the head!

Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from manchester/england.!   Greeting from manchester/england.! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 6:05 pm

Welcome! Nookie is gorgeous!

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Greeting from manchester/england.! 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from manchester/england.!   Greeting from manchester/england.! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 7:07 pm

Welcome! He's gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from manchester/england.!   Greeting from manchester/england.! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 8:52 pm

wave
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from manchester/england.!   Greeting from manchester/england.! EmptyTue Mar 20, 2012 9:12 pm

Welcome Nanook, Tony, Lisa and girls!!!
Back to top Go down
Ant&Lisa
Newborn
Newborn
Ant&Lisa

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from manchester/england.!   Greeting from manchester/england.! EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 8:27 pm

Hello everybody on the forum.
For when we or I joined in 2012, I never really made many posts here, we kinda just got on with being a family and loving our boy Nanook .

I always have read stuff with out posting and have always got a biweekly emails from it's a husky thing.
So always lurking about.lol

Well on Thursday just gone we had to say goodbye to him, he was just a few weeks away from being 12 years old.
And I or we as a family are absolutely torn by this loss.
In his prime he was 54 kilos and a big boy but not fat or anything he was just a big lad.
But he ended up with lymphoma and there was hope, and he had chemo.
But out vet thinks he was so strong and as crazy as it sounds, he fought off the chemo and it didn't have any affect on the cancer..
But we knew it was time to do the right thing. Even though it has left us heartbroken as a family.
Our lives revolved around him.

I had just seen a email from it's a husky thing.
And it upset me again, as a lot of things have been and will continue to do so. Like finding his fur everywhere still.
52 year old 6'2 bloke supposed to be strong, but I'm not, I'm not just a guy who is desperately missing my best friend...

Sorry to lay this on you guys. But you were there at the start and I guess If anyone understands it's you guys and you should be here at the end..
God bless you all and enjoy your ball of fluff with all the love in the world..Greeting from manchester/england.! 20140810
Greeting from manchester/england.! Img_2010
Greeting from manchester/england.! 20120910
Back to top Go down
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from manchester/england.!   Greeting from manchester/england.! EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 8:45 pm

I had to do the same with one of my dogs about a month or so ago. I really relate to being a bloke "who is desperately missing my best friend..." As far as I know she was 13ish and just failing so it was time (( No it wasn't, it's never time ))

Sorry for your loss and I can relate to how lonesome that feels. Remember the good times and while the immediate anguish will pass (believe me, it will) you'll have all those good times to remember him by.

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from manchester/england.!   Greeting from manchester/england.! EmptySat Oct 02, 2021 9:33 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. There's been too many this summer, the perils of being older, I guess. Hugs.
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from manchester/england.!   Greeting from manchester/england.! EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 4:53 pm

Three weeks ago, I had to put my boy down. Bodhi was also 12, weighed 55 lbs. and was very healthy until diagnosed with mast cell cancer in May. I can give you no words of wisdom.Time, maybe (?) I am still devastated, but I think overwhelming sadness is starting to overcome the hysteria of realizing I won't see him again.
Back to top Go down
Ant&Lisa
Newborn
Newborn
Ant&Lisa

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from manchester/england.!   Greeting from manchester/england.! EmptySun Oct 03, 2021 6:43 pm

jalepeno wrote:
Three weeks ago, I had to put my boy down. Bodhi was also 12, weighed 55 lbs. and was very healthy until diagnosed with mast cell cancer in May. I can give you no words of wisdom.Time, maybe (?) I am still devastated, but I think overwhelming sadness is starting to overcome the hysteria of realizing I won't see him again.
I absolutely understand my friend.
There are no words of wisdom, and I think you are right time Maybe.
My grandad was always one who said things at times that made us all feel better.
And part of having a pet or a dog was knowing when it was time and that they would always let you know.
He was a farm boy from Norfolk, and I respected no one more.
That's the best I have...

It's just constantly roaming around my head.
My Mrs is absolutely distraught ,I told her I'm gonna miss how she talks to him in morning calling him fluffy bum..

And I know it's other dog or pet owners who understand.

So one thing is I know how you feel about bodhi.
All I can offer is a big bro hug mate..
Feel better my friend, I'm sure he knows he was loved..🙏💔
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greeting from manchester/england.!   Greeting from manchester/england.! Empty

Back to top Go down

Greeting from manchester/england.!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1