It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

and here comes the "undercoat blowout"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
massak
Puppy
Puppy
massak

Male Join date : 2012-03-03

and here comes the "undercoat blowout" Empty
PostSubject: and here comes the "undercoat blowout"   and here comes the "undercoat blowout" EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:27 pm

in clumps at least Smile
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: and here comes the "undercoat blowout"   and here comes the "undercoat blowout" EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 8:34 pm

Where are you at??

My husky blew his coat back in Late January and February.

Don't you just want to pull all those clumps out..???? lol!
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: and here comes the "undercoat blowout"   and here comes the "undercoat blowout" EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 9:10 pm

*snicker*

Bella still hasn't blown coat... Very Happy

and here comes the "undercoat blowout" Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
Flhuskylover
Puppy
Puppy
Flhuskylover

PostSubject: Re: and here comes the "undercoat blowout"   and here comes the "undercoat blowout" EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 9:43 pm

OMG! Odin turned 1 at the end of February and is now undergoing his first shedding session! It started coming out the week after his birthday and has yet to stop.....we're going on 3 months over here in Florida....
Back to top Go down
massak
Puppy
Puppy
massak

PostSubject: Re: and here comes the "undercoat blowout"   and here comes the "undercoat blowout" EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 9:51 pm

im pretty high up in the mtns of wv. just started today. another nearby husky owner said her's just started today also...pretty funny!

wondering if this will make him able to handle vigorous exercise ok when the temps are in the 70s? also wondering what kind of temps they can deal with when in the house, because nobody around here has a/c since the temps rarely even hit 80 in the summer.
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: and here comes the "undercoat blowout"   and here comes the "undercoat blowout" EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 10:07 pm

Cali has a few more months left of her shedding this time, I joke and say she sheds twice a year for 6 months at a time.

My new girl Mika hasn't shed any yet, but its due anytime. she just turned a year over the winter sometime
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: and here comes the "undercoat blowout"   and here comes the "undercoat blowout" EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 11:46 pm

Kale's at the tail end (lol) of his coat blow. Started a few weeks ago. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: and here comes the "undercoat blowout"   and here comes the "undercoat blowout" EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 11:55 pm

massak wrote:
im pretty high up in the mtns of wv.

I grew up in Lewisburg! Where are you?

I noticed a few new clumps on Sabaka today. His "leg pits" blew awhile ago and I wondered if he was done. But I guess he just took a little break! lol
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: and here comes the "undercoat blowout"   and here comes the "undercoat blowout" EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:24 am

About a week into it in Oregon.
We just started warming up here.
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: and here comes the "undercoat blowout"   and here comes the "undercoat blowout" EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 1:06 am

Kitty started about two weeks ago, Luka just started last week. Really missing my old hardwood floors now, so much easier to clean!
Back to top Go down
Erinc
Teenager
Teenager
Erinc

PostSubject: Re: and here comes the "undercoat blowout"   and here comes the "undercoat blowout" EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 5:57 am

My pup finished with his a week ago here in the UK, although, he is only little so it was a very mild blow for us Smile Oh how I can't wait till he blows a full winter coat Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
massak
Puppy
Puppy
massak

PostSubject: Re: and here comes the "undercoat blowout"   and here comes the "undercoat blowout" EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 12:28 pm

SabakaMom wrote:
massak wrote:

I noticed a few new clumps on Sabaka today. His "leg pits" blew awhile ago and I wondered if he was done. But I guess he just took a little break! lol

Canaan, which seems like a wonderful place for him! (and me). he has started on the back hips first. i heard some people use it to make yarn from....hmmm...ideas Smile
Back to top Go down
rileyflorence
Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: and here comes the "undercoat blowout"   and here comes the "undercoat blowout" EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 1:05 pm

Appa took 2.5 months this go around, just barely finished.

As for being able to exercise him in the warm weather now that he's blown: Nope. He's about to replace all of that hair. Some say the winter coat isn't as thick as the summer coat, but it's still a lot of insulation. We avoid vigorous exercise in the 70ºs still.

Our boy spent last summer in our 70º AC'd house with his face 3 inches away from the air vent or a fan. He also panted a lot more than he did over the winter.
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: and here comes the "undercoat blowout"   and here comes the "undercoat blowout" EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 6:31 pm

we just finished up last week! Smile
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: and here comes the "undercoat blowout"   and here comes the "undercoat blowout" EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 7:16 pm

massak wrote:
SabakaMom wrote:
massak wrote:

Canaan, which seems like a wonderful place for him! (and me). he has started on the back hips first. i heard some people use it to make yarn from....hmmm...ideas Smile

Canaan is up near Elkins? It's so nice a cool in those mountains! I miss not having humidity.

I think most coat blows begin in the hips...
Back to top Go down
huskies81
Puppy
Puppy
huskies81

Male Join date : 2012-01-01

PostSubject: Re: and here comes the "undercoat blowout"   and here comes the "undercoat blowout" EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 7:50 pm

Sadie has been going for almost three months now. Im guessing its due to the mild winter and odd temps for the spring. We live in Oklahoma. Also its her puppy coat. Im new at this so im just hopping for the best.
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: and here comes the "undercoat blowout"   and here comes the "undercoat blowout" EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 8:45 pm

Ghost hasn't started yet. Last year he was shedding all summer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
Alindaris
Newborn
Newborn
Alindaris

Female Join date : 2012-04-17

PostSubject: Re: and here comes the "undercoat blowout"   and here comes the "undercoat blowout" EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 2:09 pm

How long does the blowout tend to last? Drake started a week ago, and it is impressive the amount of fur I'm combing out. Is it weird to actually be excited for my first blown coat? >.>
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: and here comes the "undercoat blowout"   and here comes the "undercoat blowout" EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 2:11 pm

Alindaris wrote:
How long does the blowout tend to last? Drake started a week ago, and it is impressive the amount of fur I'm combing out. Is it weird to actually be excited for my first blown coat? >.>

Blowing coat can last at the shortest end about 3 weeks. The longer ones tend to last 4-5 weeks or more. Sometimes as long as a couple of months!

And no, it's not unusual Razz. I LOVE coat blowing season and I've gone through quite a few with my previous dog. Just absolutely love it. Though I think I'm odd. lol

and here comes the "undercoat blowout" Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: and here comes the "undercoat blowout"   and here comes the "undercoat blowout" EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 4:20 pm

Kiara just started Sad
Back to top Go down
mahan.donna
Newborn
Newborn
mahan.donna

Female Join date : 2012-04-01

PostSubject: Re: and here comes the "undercoat blowout"   and here comes the "undercoat blowout" EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 2:10 pm

The weather has been so crazy here in Jersey lately that the poor guy doesn't know what to do - one week it's 90 degrees, the next week it's 40 degrees! I brush him twice a week, but so far no clumps coming out Cool
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: and here comes the "undercoat blowout"   and here comes the "undercoat blowout" EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 1:46 pm

We bit the bullet and had Bodhi groomed yesterday.
He looks like he lost 10 lbs.
I can pat him now and not have a cloud of white fur float up from my hand.

and here comes the "undercoat blowout" Bodhi_13

Bodhi yesterday after the grooming.
Back to top Go down
artoaky
Teenager
Teenager
artoaky

Male Join date : 2012-02-15

PostSubject: Re: and here comes the "undercoat blowout"   and here comes the "undercoat blowout" EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 5:22 pm

I'm not sure if Luna is done or not. I mean she always sheds but i don't think she had her full coat this winter either because she was only 7-8 months old when winter started. How do you know?!?! haha
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: and here comes the "undercoat blowout"   and here comes the "undercoat blowout" EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 2:23 pm

How is it that my gsd/husky mix is shedding more than my two full huskies?????
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: and here comes the "undercoat blowout"   and here comes the "undercoat blowout" EmptySat Apr 28, 2012 3:31 pm

omg maggie is blowing more now. I brush her everyday but still more hair! 3 months of this is driving me insane! weather stay hot so I don't deal with this everyday! lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: and here comes the "undercoat blowout"   and here comes the "undercoat blowout" Empty

Back to top Go down

and here comes the "undercoat blowout"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next