It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 3 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:09 am

She seriously reminds me so much of Zoey! Hahaha she's soooo funny!
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 3 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:41 am

lol she reminds me of Dakota and her antics when she was a puppy. She still displays those antics at times.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 3 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 2:46 pm

Demon&Dakota wrote:
lol she reminds me of Dakota and her antics when she was a puppy. She still displays those antics at times.

Rolling Eyes Oh wonderful so she'll be a crazy taz for life
Back to top Go down
Snow White
Teenager
Teenager
Snow White

Female Join date : 2012-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 3 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 2:54 pm

OMG I cannot get over how beautiful Asia is!

The girl has got spunk too! It's awesome seeing dogs come out of their shells. I'm so happy she's adjusted so well in your home with Cody and Mya! You've done a great job Melissa.
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 3 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 4:10 pm

MelissaI wrote:
Demon&Dakota wrote:

Rolling Eyes Oh wonderful so she'll be a crazy taz for life

Well she may calm down a bit in a couple of years.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 3 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 4:17 pm

love the videos really cute! Great looking pack!!
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 3 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 4:20 pm

Girl she is freaking CRAZY! LOL!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 3 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 4:28 pm

I'm pretty sure Rogue and her are long lost sisters with how similar their play is! Does she have a rhaspy howl?
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 3 EmptyWed May 16, 2012 9:00 pm

Heather! wrote:
I'm pretty sure Rogue and her are long lost sisters with how similar their play is! Does she have a rhaspy howl?

Nope, but her growls when she's playing are really deep and scary sounding. It's hard to believe it comes out of that little thing Razz
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 3 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 10:07 am

As most of you know Mya is a total diva and it's been a little process with getting her used to Asia. For the past few days she does this when Asia and Kody are playing. I caught it at the end, but she'll run onto the couch (like in the video), jump off, run to the living room, and repeat.

I think she's playing, but I'm not 100% sure. Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Snow White
Teenager
Teenager
Snow White

Female Join date : 2012-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 3 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 10:23 am

I'm no expert or anything but according to this chart watching Mya's body language at the beginning of the video she looks like she is showing dominant behavior. Maybe she wants to claim Asia for herself? Razz

Quote :
AGGRESSIVE
Mouth/teeth - Lips open, drawn back to expose teeth bared in a snarl. Possible jaw snapping.
Body - Tense. Upright. Hackles on neck up. Completely dominant position.
Tail Straight out from body. Fluffed up.
Vocalization - Snarl. Growl. Loud bark.
Alert Body Language

ALERT
Mouth/teeth - Mouth closed or slightly open with teeth covered.
Body - Normal. Possible standing on tiptoe. Slightly dominant position.
Tail - Up. Possibly wagging.
Vocalization - None. Low whine or alarm bark.
Dominant Body Language

DOMINANT
Mouth/teeth - Mouth closed or slightly open.
Body - Very tall posture. May drape head over another dog's shoulders. Hackles may be up.
Tail - Stiffened and fluffed. Up or straight out from body.
Vocalization - Low, assertive growl or grunt.
Guarding Body Language

GUARDING
Mouth/teeth - Mouth slightly open, teeth bared.
Snapping or gnashing of teeth.
Body - Tense. Rigid. Hackles up. Standing very tall in an aggressive or dominant stance.
Tail - Rigid. Held straight out from body. Sometimes fluffed.
Vocalization - Loud, alert bark. Growl. Snarl.
Fearful Body Language

FEARFUL
Mouth/teeth - Lips drawn back to expose teeth.
Body - Tense. Crouched low in submissive position. Shivering, trembling. Frozen in one place. Possible secretion from anal scent glands.
Tail - Down between legs.
Vocalization - Low, worried yelp, whine or growl.
Playful Body Language

PLAYFUL/HAPPY
Mouth/teeth - Relaxed and slightly open, teeth covered. Excited panting.
Body - Relaxed, or front end lowered, rear end up in the air, wiggling in a play-bow. Excited bouncing or jumping up and down. Circling around and forward as an invitation to play.
Tail - Wagging vigorously.
Vocalization - Excited barking. Soft play-growling.
Relaxed Body Language

RELAXED/FRIENDLY
Mouth/teeth - Relaxed, possibly slightly open, "smiling" mouth.
Body - Normal. Still, or possible wiggling of whole rear end.
Tail - Up or out from body. Wagging.
Vocalization - Whimpering, yapping, or short, high bark.
Submissive Body Language

SUBMISSIVE
Mouth/teeth - Lips pulled away back from teeth in a "grin". Nuzzling or licking other animal or person on face.
Body - Lowered to ground, front paw raised. Lying on back, belly up. Possible urine leaking/dribbling. Possible emptying of anal scent glands.
Tail - Down, between legs.
Vocalization - None or low, worried whining. Possible yelping/ whimpering in fear.

Read more: http://www.dogskool.com/canine-body-language-chart.html#ixzz1vVgFophN
Source: http://www.dogskool.com/canine-body-language-chart.html

Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 3 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 1:20 pm

looks like she is trying to sit on asia! she looks happy in the video

Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

Female Join date : 2011-08-23

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 3 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 1:54 pm

It doesn't seem like playing to me, but it doesn't quite seem aggressive either. I think dominant is a good guess. Perhaps she's just not liking how Kody and Asia are best buddies now and feels the need to reinforce her position as boss. She was doing what I and a few others I know call "refereeing", basically saying "Hey, I'm in charge here, and I say no playing allowed! Now quit having fun so I can make you all be grouchy and bored like me!".
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 3 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 2:07 pm

I'd go with trying to call the shots as well. I don't think she's doing much more than telling Kody to chill out and then blocking Asia from him.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 3 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 3:31 pm

Yeah, she referees a lot with them, but she never runs up on the couch does a zoomie and runs back up there while they're playing (she was doing that before I pulled out my phone). I think sometimes she tries to join in on the play, but when they don't pay much mind to her she does this. Like saying, if ya'll aren't going to include me then you can't play either!!!

Why can't they just play together dammit!!! She and Kody were playing like old times this morning when I was with in the other room.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 9:28 pm

Mya actually played today! Yay!

I know she sounds mean, but that's just the way she plays. Did it with Kody too!

And she ran around with them for a while too! Our yard is messy Embarassed

Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 9:46 pm

Well its good to see Asia has Mya up and running on occasion.
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 9:54 pm

Yeah, she hasn't really ran around the yard since we got Asia. She used to play chase with Kody everyday, but stopped when Asia came Sad Glad that she's doing it again! She'll go running with me or REALLY run while biking, but hadn't done this in 2 months!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 13, 2012 10:05 pm

She just needs to remind everyone she's top dog and not at their level - Chili does this, too! She'll start again when she feels comfortable everyone knows their place in the pack. Smile
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 12:15 am

lol, I love how Mya uses her butt to hit/block them
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 11:07 am

hollywoodhuskies wrote:
She just needs to remind everyone she's top dog and not at their level - Chili does this, too! She'll start again when she feels comfortable everyone knows their place in the pack. Smile

Yep, I think she's starting to feel that the pack order is "established". First time she actually played with the two without bitching at them the entire time. yay!

brady.law wrote:
lol, I love how Mya uses her butt to hit/block them

That's her signature move! Razz
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 11:03 pm

Yep, definitely getting along better! Mya's been trying to play with Asia for a few days now, but it still shocks me Razz

Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 11:10 pm

Melissa, you need to stop posting cute videos. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 11:27 pm

Haha! It's so hard not to. They're so freaking cute and I'm totally obsessed with them. I admit it lol!
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 11:56 pm

Awwww...such a cute video! I love seeing them play! I rarely see ours play anymore, I think they get it out at day care. Smile

Watching Mya, she's so similar to Chili - with the dominant head over Asia's body move, the pawing, hehe - so cute! Glad they're playing now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya   Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Asia in her new home **videos**- Updated 9/19**-"Playing" w/ Mya

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next