It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Shedding wars!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

Shedding wars! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shedding wars!   Shedding wars! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:04 am

3rd session. It doesnt stop.

Shedding wars! - Page 2 Cba67b12
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

Female Join date : 2012-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Shedding wars!   Shedding wars! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:11 am

Good Golly! And this is what I have to look forward to?
Freya was 7 weeks old yesterday, her fur is all over everything ALREADY. God help me when she decides to blow.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Readi
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Shedding wars!   Shedding wars! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:13 am

Aren't u excited!? Maybe you will be lucky, some on here have huskies that don't shed as much.
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

PostSubject: Re: Shedding wars!   Shedding wars! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:18 am

Oh yeah I'm super dooper excite, what's not to love?

I'm hoping the the 1/8th Mastiff she has in her will reduce the amount of shedding she does, although she does have a very thich dense coat, I dont know how lucky I'll be.
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Shedding wars!   Shedding wars! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:29 am

mastiffs and bullies shed just as much as huskies. Omg my husbands best friend owns one. I rather have maggie in the car then her. Same with my mom in law's english bulldog.

maggie only sheds 1-2 times a year. I brush it out in a week then I am good for awhile.
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

PostSubject: Re: Shedding wars!   Shedding wars! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:35 am

Well there goes that idea. Guess I'm just in for a life of fur covered dresses and dog hair extentions.
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

PostSubject: Re: Shedding wars!   Shedding wars! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:37 am

MY dog before Freya was a Boxer cross, he was 4 when I got him, but he shed quite a bit. It was about 6 weeks after he passed away that I managed to get all of his hair out of the house.
Back to top Go down
norbreedslove
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2012-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Shedding wars!   Shedding wars! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:46 am

really wow! I have to scrub scrub. I won't even see buddy or maggie in the morning and Im covered in his hair or hers. mostly his, hers is in clumps. lol
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Shedding wars!   Shedding wars! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 1:38 pm

Shedding wars! - Page 2 182593_4131965225730_1741651658_n

Not even 5 minutes or counting the fly away hair balls...
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Shedding wars!   Shedding wars! - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 09, 2012 5:22 pm

Libby is always shedding, nut Lucy blew her coat back in January and it wasnt much. She has a really soft wooley coat though. It is completely different than Libby's. I usually take Libby outside and start rubbing her sides and it just flies all over. I guess the birds and bunnies like it, becasue it is in all their nests. LOL
Lucy gets the vacuum everytime I vacuum the house, she loves it. Thank God. Thats helps a lot.
Back to top Go down
KoopaKrazy
Puppy
Puppy
KoopaKrazy

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Shedding wars!   Shedding wars! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 2:38 am

libbybell74 wrote:
Libby is always shedding, nut Lucy blew her coat back in January and it wasnt much. She has a really soft wooley coat though. It is completely different than Libby's. I usually take Libby outside and start rubbing her sides and it just flies all over. I guess the birds and bunnies like it, becasue it is in all their nests. LOL
Lucy gets the vacuum everytime I vacuum the house, she loves it. Thank God. Thats helps a lot.

Koopa is always shedding too! He HATES it... But I reverse our shop vac to leaf blower mode & blow out his coat with that! Lol. But he also has a very soft coat, we laugh because everything we own is covered in Koopa hair. Haha. We always know it's his because they turn into little white zig zags! Haha
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: Shedding wars!   Shedding wars! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 3:01 am

Koda started shedding about a month ago.. her coat is so weird. It doesn't get plucks like most huskies, it sort of "mats up" in her coat and you REALLY have to YANK it out. She looked so gross with her coat yesterday, so at 1AM I saw with my undercoat rake and went crazy... This pile is bigger than Rogue.

Shedding wars! - Page 2 486390_10200339009586137_1561793254_n

Koda only shed once last year, was very odd. He's ALWAYS started shedding late Oct/early Nov, but not this past year.. poor guy is in his summer coat!
Back to top Go down
KoopaKrazy
Puppy
Puppy
KoopaKrazy

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Shedding wars!   Shedding wars! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 3:08 am

Is that carpet?! Yikes! Haha we brush Koopa on the back porch. Lol I took this pic about a week ago & sent it to my sister who lives one neighborhood over. I put the caption as "Snow in Texas?!... Oh wait...." Haha

Shedding wars! - Page 2 DAA87ECF-F3D2-4C7C-AEDF-D2A29F109780-18866-000015896911FC07

But he wasnt blowing his coat, he always sheds that much. Lol
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: Shedding wars!   Shedding wars! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 4:25 am

Yeah, it's carpet. I like just sticking it somewhere it'll stay and then vacuuming it up. I don't like doing it outside as I feel bad if it flies in a neighbor's yard and whatnot, haha.
Back to top Go down
kobi269
Newborn
Newborn
kobi269

Male Join date : 2013-01-13

PostSubject: Re: Shedding wars!   Shedding wars! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 4:33 am

OMG thats alot of fur lol. I knew that they shed quite a bit but is that normal to have that much fur lol I've been around a few huskies but this is the first time owning one.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

PostSubject: Re: Shedding wars!   Shedding wars! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 5:43 am

You could get that and more off a husky daily during their coat blowing season.
Back to top Go down
sleighperez1@yahoo.com
Newborn
Newborn
sleighperez1@yahoo.com

Female Join date : 2012-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Shedding wars!   Shedding wars! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 8:53 am

OMG ; o as a new husky owner ..Going on my third month with her Im officially scared of
"blowing coat "term . No
Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

PostSubject: Re: Shedding wars!   Shedding wars! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 10:00 am

Nanook recently went through a blow coat, and I have a 32 gallon trash can full of his hair. That's just from what we picked up by hand and not counting what the Dyson picked up.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Shedding wars!   Shedding wars! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 12:44 pm

I was just about to ask if anyone else's dog's are starting to blow their coat. Hayden has been shedding like CRAZY for 2 weeks now! He's starting to get those loose clump's of fur that you can see and pull out on his hind leg's. I've somehow misplaces his normal brush and the furminator and resorting to the good old comb that he hates.
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Shedding wars!   Shedding wars! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 2:03 pm

So when the fur starts to "clump" on their coat, that means they're blowing? Juneau isn't blowing her coat, but I think Haku may be. Every now and then I will catch him with a clump of fur just about to fall out and I pluck it. When I brush him though, there isn't much fur on the brush! I use a slicker. Looks like I'll have to buy an undercoat rake.
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Shedding wars!   Shedding wars! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 2:52 pm

none of my babies have blown their coats yet....

but I will def start looking for a Furminator!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Shedding wars!   Shedding wars! - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 14, 2013 8:48 pm

Here's Kay after a little de-shedding. she HATES being brushed so i had to have my sister give her hot-dog slices while i brushed her.

Shedding wars! - Page 2 Jioyg7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shedding wars!   Shedding wars! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Shedding wars!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2