It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

pool party!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jedwards
Teenager
Teenager
jedwards

Female Join date : 2012-04-04

pool party! Empty
PostSubject: pool party!   pool party! EmptySun May 27, 2012 4:25 pm

The dogs got their pool today! Temp is 97 today and only going to get worse. Chase loves it and Bella has been watching us but too afraid to go in. Pictures to come!
Back to top Go down
jedwards
Teenager
Teenager
jedwards

pool party! Empty
PostSubject: Re: pool party!   pool party! EmptySun May 27, 2012 5:33 pm

Chase "biting" the water.
pool party! IMAG0450

pool party! IMAG0452

Loving it!
pool party! IMAG0451
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

pool party! Empty
PostSubject: Re: pool party!   pool party! EmptySun May 27, 2012 5:58 pm

AW! how neat! I wish Kale laid down in the water. He doesn't like getting his butt hairs wet Laughing He loves it when I fill it up with the yard sprinkler lol
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Legend_of_Faolan
Teenager
Teenager
Legend_of_Faolan

Female Join date : 2011-08-23

pool party! Empty
PostSubject: Re: pool party!   pool party! EmptySun May 27, 2012 8:10 pm

If I had a yard I'd totally get Faolan a pool! Luckily, the lake is just 5 minutes down the road.
Back to top Go down
judalina
Puppy
Puppy
judalina

pool party! Empty
PostSubject: Re: pool party!   pool party! EmptySun May 27, 2012 8:13 pm

that looks so fun! it's 97 here too today :/ i wanted to get a pool for rocky but the only plastic one's i could find are 3 ft in diameter and i'm not sure if that's big enough...where did you find your kiddie pool and how big is it?
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

pool party! Empty
PostSubject: Re: pool party!   pool party! EmptySun May 27, 2012 8:27 pm

judalina wrote:
that looks so fun! it's 97 here too today :/ i wanted to get a pool for rocky but the only plastic one's i could find are 3 ft in diameter and i'm not sure if that's big enough...where did you find your kiddie pool and how big is it?

My mom has been bitching about how hot it is up there today(they're in Plainfield), and it's about the same down here. Ugh, miserable.

Have you checked out Wal Mart? They sell some larger ones, and while they look a tad bit flimsy they're super cheap. We're kicking around getting one since we just have one of the little 3' that we got last summer when Ghost was little.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

pool party! 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
judalina
Puppy
Puppy
judalina

pool party! Empty
PostSubject: Re: pool party!   pool party! EmptySun May 27, 2012 8:51 pm

blueeyedghost wrote:
judalina wrote:

My mom has been bitching about how hot it is up there today(they're in Plainfield), and it's about the same down here. Ugh, miserable.

Have you checked out Wal Mart? They sell some larger ones, and while they look a tad bit flimsy they're super cheap. We're kicking around getting one since we just have one of the little 3' that we got last summer when Ghost was little.

ugh i know!!! it's annoying cause the weather is so weird out here, just yesterday it was only 70 and all of a sudden it's like 100 lol, i stopped by walmart but they only had the ones with the rubber-plastic bottems that i'm sure rocky (or any dog) would tear through so i'll have to look around maybe at a different wal-mart or toys 'r us, is a 3ft pool big enough though do you think?
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

pool party! Empty
PostSubject: Re: pool party!   pool party! EmptySun May 27, 2012 9:11 pm

I think the 3' pool will be enough to splash around in for now, I need to keep looking for a good one for us.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

pool party! 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

pool party! Empty
PostSubject: Re: pool party!   pool party! EmptySun May 27, 2012 9:27 pm

So cool. the pool party..

I got one for Blaze at Wal-Mart..

I can not get him to go in it he treats it like a large water bowl outside.

Now the new dog Kerian got a bath in it today she does like the water.

Back to top Go down
snrose
Adult
Adult
snrose

Female Join date : 2010-10-05

pool party! Empty
PostSubject: Re: pool party!   pool party! EmptySun May 27, 2012 9:29 pm

i need to get another one of these...im setting up my "human" pool today. i let nikki hop in to cool down...she loves the water....their old one i filled with sand to make a sandbox, haha.

half filled and ice cold...can't wait to get in Smile
pool party! 535767_10101091853384542_376653000_n
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

pool party! Empty
PostSubject: Re: pool party!   pool party! EmptySun May 27, 2012 9:56 pm

Kiara Ioves water but she won't lay down in pools at the dog park. Which I'm pretty thankful for, would suck getting her dry. But dogs release most heat through their mouth and feet anyway. She's a water snob to and won't drink the water at the dog park.
Back to top Go down
jedwards
Teenager
Teenager
jedwards

pool party! Empty
PostSubject: Re: pool party!   pool party! EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:23 pm

I got this one at a hardware store but it's the same one they sell at WalMart. We need to get a people pool now!!

We had a kiddie pool last year and Chase LOVED it so I knew he would like it again. I am a weirdo and I like to climb in with him and sit in it haha
Back to top Go down
snrose
Adult
Adult
snrose

Female Join date : 2010-10-05

pool party! Empty
PostSubject: Re: pool party!   pool party! EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:30 pm

i got lucky and inherited my pool. of course its still a money pit no matter what...haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

pool party! Empty
PostSubject: Re: pool party!   pool party! Empty

Back to top Go down

pool party!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1