It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Someone peed on my bed...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vtomlinson
Newborn
Newborn
vtomlinson

Female Join date : 2012-03-23

Someone peed on my bed... Empty
PostSubject: Someone peed on my bed...   Someone peed on my bed... EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 4:58 pm

And it wasn't me or my husband. Any idea why a dog would do this? It's a first for me and have no idea how to deal with it.
Ginny
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Someone peed on my bed...   Someone peed on my bed... EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 5:10 pm

well the first thing to do it keep your door closed so it will not happen again. do your best to clean EVERYTHING so the urine is removed. someone could be marking the bed as theirs, you cant really punish anyone as you don't know who did it but you can do your best to prevent it again by keeping the door closed and an eye on all the pets. sorry that really sucks!

Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Someone peed on my bed...   Someone peed on my bed... EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 5:18 pm

Ha, Asia's peed on our bed TWICE! She's not allowed in our bedroom unattended Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: Someone peed on my bed...   Someone peed on my bed... EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 5:35 pm

They do it for a number of reasons. Like Jenn said, it could be someone marking the bed as theirs. It could be a cry for attention. It could be a number of things that only you really can answer. Has something changed? Did you deviate from your routine? Add a new dog? Someone go away for a while? The answers to those questions will change the solution.

Like Jenn said, you can't punish anyone, but you can take steps to make the behavior go away. If it was a cry for attention, I'd increase either training or exercise time. Do 10 more mins of training a day or go on another 10 min walk. If it was someone marking the bed as theirs, step up your NILIF training. Make sure they know that YOU are the head of household, not them. The bed is a value item... and valuable things are YOURS, not theirs.

Hope this helps!

Someone peed on my bed... Hailey10
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Someone peed on my bed...   Someone peed on my bed... EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 5:38 pm

Nicky has peed in my bed like 5 times! Ahhh ... it's so annoying!!! Thankfully, I got it up right away and there is no stain or smell.
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Someone peed on my bed...   Someone peed on my bed... EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 6:24 pm

ahhh the joys of dog ownership! Never happened here, but that's because no dog is every allowed on my bed for any reason.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Someone peed on my bed...   Someone peed on my bed... EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Happened to us too - no idea if it was Delilah or Cato. We dumped a metric ton of Nature's Miracle Urine Destroyer on it and let it dry - so far so good. Thanfkully it was on hubbys side!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Someone peed on my bed...   Someone peed on my bed... EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 8:19 pm

mheath0429 wrote:
Thanfkully it was on hubbys side!

[list=1][*] lol! Same here!!!
Back to top Go down
Tiff&Kya
Adult
Adult
Tiff&Kya

Female Join date : 2012-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Someone peed on my bed...   Someone peed on my bed... EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 9:00 pm

Rio has peed ON ME, while I was asleep.

but, like others have meantioned, there was a change. I left her for 4 days with my other half (the entire pack stayed home) and she was NOT happy with me when I came back!
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Someone peed on my bed...   Someone peed on my bed... EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 9:21 pm

I confess it was me not the dogs.
Back to top Go down
vtomlinson
Newborn
Newborn
vtomlinson

Female Join date : 2012-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Someone peed on my bed...   Someone peed on my bed... EmptyThu Jun 14, 2012 9:30 pm

No changes that I can think of. They are not allowed in our room unless we're in there so I was either changing clothes or in the bathroom when it happened. Guess they're not allowed in at all anymore.
We had an extra long walk tonight and we'll do some extra training. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Jenine & Craig
Newborn
Newborn
Jenine & Craig

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Someone peed on my bed...   Someone peed on my bed... EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 2:03 pm

I had the same problem with my husky. My husband leaves earlyyyy for work, walks her and then instead of putting her in her crate he puts her in the bed. One morning, I didn't wake up early enough for our little Ponyo and she just peed on the bed. (On top of that he gives her water when they come back in.) And... it happened when I was in the bathroom once, just like you said. But just wash your sheets and such, also we have a mattress protector on our bed that prevents any liquid from leaking onto the actual mattress and it works really well. Maybe look into that if it happens again.
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Someone peed on my bed...   Someone peed on my bed... EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 10:38 pm

My minpin marks all the rooms, its so annoying, he loves peeing on the side of the bed in my moms room, guest room and anything in my dads office, we have baby gates everywhere.
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

Male Join date : 2014-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Someone peed on my bed...   Someone peed on my bed... EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 1:43 pm

Glad I found this thread to not start another one about this subject.
Okay so Mylo peed on the bed right infront of us...omg we are shocked and upset. I had just taken him out like 10 mins before that before calling it a night.

He's 2yrs old. We have concluded that this is the 2nd time he does this. Last week there was a wet spot on the sheet and we assumed it was a little bit of vomit, but after yesterday we have concluded that it had to be pee but none of us were in the room to see it.

Here's the scene before this happened:
So last night I took Mylo out because he kept whining, he peed. We came back in and out wanted out of the room, probably cause it was kinda cool last night (61 degrees).
He kept whining to be in the living room but we wanted him in our room as usual. So we let him be in the living room. I have this pooper scooper thing that I never use cause he's scared of it. Sometimes we put that big scooper on the bed so he won't get on when it's wet outside. Well we had the idea to herd him back in the room with the scooper, it worked but then that's when he jumped on the bed and peed.
Was he stressed out? Mad? We are now paranoid about letting him on the bed again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/davecerv
aljones
Senior
Senior
aljones

Male Join date : 2014-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Someone peed on my bed...   Someone peed on my bed... EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 2:19 pm

If some big person who I liked was coming at me with something I didn't like in his hands, it'd be a toss up whether I was scared or confused.

What you did (herding him with the scooper) was probably confusing to him.  I'd bet that what you saw was submissive peeing - the "you scared the pee out of me" scenario.  And to make a long story short, you shouldn't have done what you did.

If you need to move Milo (or any other dog, for that matter) and you and the dog know each other, then get his attention and then take his collar to move him around (better yet, put him on a leash to move him).

“Properly trained, a man can be dog’s best friend.”

Corey Ford                    .
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: Someone peed on my bed...   Someone peed on my bed... EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 2:57 pm

Thanks for putting it in to perspective Al, I didn't think of it like that wow Sad
It was midnight and we were just trying to get to bed. He did not want back in the room at all, so I guess it was a desperate measure with the scooper monster. What normally happens is that I just walk behind him and he enters but this time was different he was standing firm. Also we just got that bed so my gf isn't so happy at all with having him on the bed for a while but I'm trying to find an explanation to what he did and "submissive peeing" it is. I'll be searching up more about this to further explain. He loves the bed, she loves it when he's on the bed after I leave.
Back to top Go down
MiyasMomma
Senior
Senior
MiyasMomma

Female Join date : 2014-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Someone peed on my bed...   Someone peed on my bed... EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 3:09 pm

Dave, I agree with Al submissive peeing. I will recommend with having animals that are allowed on a bed to get a waterproof mattress cover/pad, research because some make a ton of noise and some do not, but it will protect your mattress, and you wont be so upset if accidents happen, or in this case fear happens. Smile
Back to top Go down
davecerv
Adult
Adult
davecerv

PostSubject: Re: Someone peed on my bed...   Someone peed on my bed... EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 5:59 pm

Thankfully the mattress is unharmed since the top sheet was super thick so I immediately took it off!
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Someone peed on my bed...   Someone peed on my bed... EmptyMon Oct 10, 2016 6:46 pm

Dave - don't beat yourself up too much...when my first son was 8, afraid of the dark and had to bring his bike from the front yard to the back, after dark, because he left the bike out instead of putting it awy. Which bordered on the woods and I told him I would turn on all the inside lights by the windows as he went around the house. And he had to put the bike in the basement, which meant opening the bulkhead door....

Well this mom was not too bright...I swear I do not know what came over me but as he opened the bulkhead doors and started down...I leaped out and hollered "rrrrrraaaarrrgh"

Poor child became hysterical, crying, stamping his feet, jumping up and down..."Mmmmmoooooooom!!!!!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Someone peed on my bed...   Someone peed on my bed... Empty

Back to top Go down

Someone peed on my bed...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1