|Husky of the Month|
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Thanks to all for this month's entries!
|1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.|
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Our current rescue spotlight is:|
Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!
Another Reason to Not Use Champion Products
...is a fool
Join date : 2012-06-02
|Subject: Another Reason to Not Use Champion Products Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:36 pm|| |
I guess the Champion Police (ie novice dog owners who think they are experts) took this off before.
Interest information from the supplier of fish. I guess Champion got a good deal on what the company used to throw away.
"Freshwater Fish is always looking to expand its market
reach and to strengthen existing markets – even non-human
ones! We recently signed an exclusive arrangement with Alberta-
based Champion Petfoods, whereby we sell all minced
by-products to them and they in turn buy all the product
we have to offer.We began working with Champion in 2005 when we
sent them samples of minced by-products for testing after
it was extracted from fish during the filleting process. Prior
to sending the product to Alberta, we had been paying to
have the waste trucked to a rendering facility in Winnipeg.
After the samples were tested by Champion, a product was
developed that met their high quality specifications.
This business brings in several hundred thousand dollars
in revenue for a product that previously cost us money to
dispose of – and we’re thrilled to be building on a relationship
that dates back more than five years. [i]
Add this to the list of transgressions and misleading marketing.
Join date : 2009-05-20
Location : Glenville, NY
|Subject: Re: Another Reason to Not Use Champion Products Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:55 pm|| |
Can you post a reference for that quote please? Where did you get it from? Who made it? When was the comment made?
ETA: If your post was deleted, it was for a very good reason. Continue to show the attitude, and you'll be banned.
It's a husky thing... you wouldn't understand.
Join date : 2011-04-14
Location : Roseville, CA
|Subject: Re: Another Reason to Not Use Champion Products Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:36 pm|| |
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : Wisconsin
|Subject: Re: Another Reason to Not Use Champion Products Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:46 pm|| |
I'm confused. Instead of throwing away useable parts they're using it for something else and this is bad?
Join date : 2010-09-22
Location : Moore, OK
|Subject: Re: Another Reason to Not Use Champion Products Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:54 pm|| |
This is the second post of this type today. I think Eddy was taking a look at the other one.
I vote for banning the the troll.
Join date : 2009-07-15
|Subject: Re: Another Reason to Not Use Champion Products Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:13 pm|| |
- @dahowlers wrote:
- I'm confused. Instead of throwing away useable parts they're using it for something else and this is bad?
Well didn't you know its better to put it in a land fill instead. So 100 years from now they'll have a big old methane gas well waiting to be tapped or blown up.
Join date : 2009-06-16
|Subject: Re: Another Reason to Not Use Champion Products Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:16 pm|| |
- @TooManyHuskies wrote:
- I guess the Champion Police (ie novice dog owners who think they are experts) took this off before.
You sir, have failed to entertain me. What's your reason for being here besides belittling those of us who don't feed what the professional guides pros feed? Have you no more tact than egging on food topics? Stick around a bit, embed yourself and then try calling us out on our inferior feeding methods. Your current approach is lacking substance.
|Subject: Re: Another Reason to Not Use Champion Products || |
Another Reason to Not Use Champion Products
|» Apollo Scrap book|
by Lostmaniac Yesterday at 10:47 am
» Recall Information
by Lostmaniac Mon May 03, 2021 1:11 pm
» Storm scrap book.
by TwisterII Mon May 03, 2021 11:36 am
» Bolt Scrap Book
by Lostmaniac Sat May 01, 2021 5:34 pm
» Togo's Life Yason Spark
by Lostmaniac Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:04 pm
» Cataract help please
by aljones Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:31 pm
» Leo's Scrapbook
by RedFlashFire05 Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:00 pm
» Kavik and Tulok's Scrapbook (Tulok starts page 4) updated 4/13/20
by Kavik_the_Havoc Wed Apr 14, 2021 1:46 pm
» Neighbor's cat.... a disaster waiting to happen!
by Lostmaniac Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:50 am
» Mechta (and vicariously Bella's) place of picture holding
by Liv_Skye Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:34 am
» PSA: what to do with foof
by amymeme Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:30 pm
» Amy's Folly - The Garden Adventures
by Lostmaniac Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:01 pm
» Fur regrowth
by jalepeno Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:08 pm
» How much to feed rice and something
by Liv_Skye Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:11 pm
» The complexities of Diabetes
by TwisterII Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:27 pm
» Hair Loss - a lot
by amymeme Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:54 pm
» Please...we need advice when it’s time to euthanize our sweet guy
by sibhus Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:26 pm
» The Desert Pack
by amymeme Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:59 pm
» Killing contest
by Lostmaniac Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:12 pm
» Not husky but quite amusing...
by amymeme Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:50 am