It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

lady parts?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

Female Join date : 2012-05-31

lady parts? Empty
PostSubject: lady parts?   lady parts? EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 6:11 am

Freya is apparactly exploring her body. She started by chewing on her back paws. Just lightly knawing on them, I'm not sure if it was a leisure thing, or just curious as to how hard she could bite herself before it hurt.

Any way, I was just watching her go about her business the other day when she sat on the floor, sort of examined her under carriage and started biting almost chewing on her lady parts.

What dog in their right mind would chew on that?
I got a bit of sympathy pain for her to be honest. It didnt seem to be bothering her, she had her chew got up and went about her business again.

Since them I've caught her doing it once more. I'm sure she's do it when I'm not looking as well.

Why would she chew on her girly bits?
Do you think it might be irritating her, to make her want to bite it?
She doesnt seem to be in pain when chewing on it, but she wont do herself any damage will she?
Or is it just curiosity? She's found out she has something there and wants to investigate?

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Readi
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

lady parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: lady parts?   lady parts? EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 6:16 am

How often is she messing with it? I mean, all girl dogs lick their bits- clean them and whatnot, but CHEWING is sort of odd to me. If she is gnawing on it alot I'd take a look at it (put her on her back and just sort of pull the skin right outside of each side) and see if it is red or anything- could be a UTI or yeast infection.
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

lady parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: lady parts?   lady parts? EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 6:53 am

She isnt doing it often, and she doesnt seem to be irritated or in pain or anything.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

lady parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: lady parts?   lady parts? EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 12:25 pm

Could just be cleaning herself or it could actually itch. If she doesn't it a lot, I'd check for what is making her itch like Heather stated and check for fleas too. It could be that she just sat on something outside that made it itch!

lady parts? Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

lady parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: lady parts?   lady parts? EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 12:34 pm

I've checked her for fleas but she's all clear in that dept. I'll monitor her for the next couple of days and see how often she is really doing it. If it's more than just a cleaning then I'll take a look to see if there is anything obvious.
Back to top Go down
brady.law
Adult
Adult
brady.law

Male Join date : 2011-04-14

lady parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: lady parts?   lady parts? EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 1:54 pm

I wish I could do that to myself.
Back to top Go down
libbybell74
Adult
Adult
libbybell74

Female Join date : 2011-10-06

lady parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: lady parts?   lady parts? EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 3:58 pm

Has she been fixed? I had to change Lucy's spay 2 times now because she started her heatcycle and it has been going on for 3 weeks so far. She started nibbling down there and it got swollen and thats when i noticed she had her period started. They dont understand whats going on with their bodies. This is what I thought of when I saw your post.
The vet said that she will have irritation due to the swollen glands and area and she is trying to keep it clean. I wish it would end already her spay is in 3 weeks and I dont want to reschedule it again.
Just keep and eye on her and your gut will tell you what to do.
Good Luck
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

lady parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: lady parts?   lady parts? EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 11:02 pm

brady.law wrote:
I wish I could do that to myself.
Eck, Brady lol.

She isnt doing as often as she was, maybe once every couple of days.

No she hasnt started her heat cycle. She is only 11 weeks old.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

lady parts? Empty
PostSubject: Re: lady parts?   lady parts? Empty

Back to top Go down

lady parts?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1