It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Suggestions/Help needed, stray husky to my friend's and had puppies, nursing problems

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Arainais
Puppy
Puppy
Arainais

Female Join date : 2011-12-15

Suggestions/Help needed, stray husky to my friend's and had puppies, nursing problems Empty
PostSubject: Suggestions/Help needed, stray husky to my friend's and had puppies, nursing problems   Suggestions/Help needed, stray husky to my friend's and had puppies, nursing problems EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 12:18 pm

About a month and half ago, this gorgeous female husky came into my friends home.
Suggestions/Help needed, stray husky to my friend's and had puppies, nursing problems 252345_854130849411_1985977020_n

She being a dog lover, tried to find the dog's family, to no avail. Then she decided to just keep her. Then she found out she was pregnant. The dog gave birth to 7 puppies in the woods behind her house. about 2 weeks ago. Here's a video she took of them:

Suggestions/Help needed, stray husky to my friend's and had puppies, nursing problems Th_018

My friend was just going to keep them and find homes for them when they got old enough, but apparently the momma is having trouble nursing and then some neighbor kids took the puppies and took them home with them and were bottle feeding them. Now they want to give the pups back and my friend is going nuts because she doesn't know what to do. She doesn't want the pups to die, but she has two small children and can't feed them around the clock, and the mommy apparently just isn't nursing them (my guess would be the neighbor kids made it worse by taking the pups). Anyway, now she is trying to find a place for them. We are in Eastern Kentucky. Do any of you have any suggestions or advice?
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

Suggestions/Help needed, stray husky to my friend's and had puppies, nursing problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Help needed, stray husky to my friend's and had puppies, nursing problems   Suggestions/Help needed, stray husky to my friend's and had puppies, nursing problems EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 1:29 pm

I would call any vet in your area and ask them for help. They may have staff that is willing to take a puppy or two and bottle feed it. Also ask them if there are any near by rescues.

Suggestions/Help needed, stray husky to my friend's and had puppies, nursing problems Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Help needed, stray husky to my friend's and had puppies, nursing problems   Suggestions/Help needed, stray husky to my friend's and had puppies, nursing problems EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 3:04 pm

This comes as quite a desperate situation. Try these .

http://husky.rescueme.org/Kentucky

http://ownedbyahusky.com/classifieds.asp?cat_id=7&item_id=18&area=kentucky
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Help needed, stray husky to my friend's and had puppies, nursing problems   Suggestions/Help needed, stray husky to my friend's and had puppies, nursing problems EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 3:10 pm

Most rescues are eager to take on puppies as they are easily adopted and they can find fosters quickly for them. Contacting a rescue would be your best bet at this point.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Arainais
Puppy
Puppy
Arainais

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Help needed, stray husky to my friend's and had puppies, nursing problems   Suggestions/Help needed, stray husky to my friend's and had puppies, nursing problems EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 3:55 pm

Thanks guys, I have put her in contact with a couple of rescues in our area, but they have had no luck yet as to finding fosters. My friend is trying to take care of them until they can, and is trying to keep Momma hydrated well enough and encourage her to nurse them.

All of our rescues are just swamped right now because there are so many abandoned puppies right now. I wish pet owners would be responsible and spay/neuter their pets. This momma husky is beautiful and so well behaved. Someone has just not taken care of her and let her get out and get pregnant and then dumped her out =(
Back to top Go down
Arainais
Puppy
Puppy
Arainais

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Help needed, stray husky to my friend's and had puppies, nursing problems   Suggestions/Help needed, stray husky to my friend's and had puppies, nursing problems EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 7:13 pm

Wanted to update, after all the sharing and facebook publicity, the owner of this girl came forward to claim her and the pups. Get this, the daddy of these puppies is a great dane! Poor girl. Also the owner has a border collie that just had a litter of pups with their coon hound or chow. It makes me so mad, and I personally would have handed the dog and her pups over to a rescue rather than giving her back to this irresponsible owner. I can only imagine the life this poor girl will lead. =(
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Help needed, stray husky to my friend's and had puppies, nursing problems   Suggestions/Help needed, stray husky to my friend's and had puppies, nursing problems EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 7:35 pm

Wow that sucks. I would not have let that owner get the dog back. At least here in FL, if you have the dog for 1 month and have been trying to find its owners the whole time (i.e. reported a found dog to animal control) the dog is yours legally. That's really a shame.

Suggestions/Help needed, stray husky to my friend's and had puppies, nursing problems Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Help needed, stray husky to my friend's and had puppies, nursing problems   Suggestions/Help needed, stray husky to my friend's and had puppies, nursing problems EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 8:04 pm

A Great Dane? That's dangerous on such a small girl (in comparison.)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Arainais
Puppy
Puppy
Arainais

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Help needed, stray husky to my friend's and had puppies, nursing problems   Suggestions/Help needed, stray husky to my friend's and had puppies, nursing problems EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 10:19 pm

Exactly, this person obviously has no regard for her animals. =/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suggestions/Help needed, stray husky to my friend's and had puppies, nursing problems   Suggestions/Help needed, stray husky to my friend's and had puppies, nursing problems Empty

Back to top Go down

Suggestions/Help needed, stray husky to my friend's and had puppies, nursing problems

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1