It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Soon to be new to me husky - Steve

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soon to be new to me husky - Steve   Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 11:21 pm

I thought the same thing when i saw the first one! "My, was he a red?!?!"

But I didn't want to be mean Razz

Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be new to me husky - Steve   Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 11:53 pm

I missed this thread last week! Steve is gorgeous!! I also think he does not look like a "Steve".

I went to pick up a black and white female and ended up with my red male. I can't seem to ever have anything BUT reds (my first was a red girl)!
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be new to me husky - Steve   Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 09, 2012 11:59 pm

I don't think he looks like a steve but i think it will stay after all. Not a common name and I don't have any friends with that name so should work out. I can't find reds around here, but I didn't find my girls OR Steve, Cali and Mika's owners found me, and Ceara found Steve for me- but he fits exactly what I am looking for in personality, color is just a plus to get the one I want. A color of a dog is the last thing to worry about, as long as healthy and happy, thats the key
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be new to me husky - Steve   Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:00 am

kevo wrote:
I don't think he looks like a steve but i think it will stay after all. Not a common name and I don't have any friends with that name so should work out. I can't find reds around here, but I didn't find my girls OR Steve, Cali and Mika's owners found me, and Ceara found Steve for me- but he fits exactly what I am looking for in personality, color is just a plus to get the one I want. A color of a dog is the last thing to worry about, as long as healthy and happy, thats the key

Needs a "like"!

Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be new to me husky - Steve   Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 12:01 am

SO darn cute!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be new to me husky - Steve   Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 11:32 pm

Headed monday to see steve. Should have a few more pics of him, even though not much will change in appearance but I hope to get some funny ones of him.
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

Female Join date : 2011-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be new to me husky - Steve   Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 13, 2012 1:08 pm

Congrats! As said before, he sure is a looker! I really hope all goes well with Cali and Mika with the guy! Smile
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Steve - updated 7/16/2012   Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:19 pm

Well i got to see Steve today. Spent little over 4 hours with him and his humans. Got to pick their brains on huskies in general and steve himself. Got to spend tome time with their oldest husky, Makalia , who is going to the vet tomorrow to see what options are and might be put to sleep. She is 17 years old. Today she put on a show, she got up and walked around on her own. Most days lately she has to be carried outside.

Steve did great today, socialized with me a lil, but his housemates did more. Then I think he got a message as to why I was there and he was all about me. Was great! I brought some bakery cookies for him and a few of the other huskies.

Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 Steve_10

Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 Steve_11

Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 Steve_12

Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 Steve_13
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be new to me husky - Steve   Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:20 pm

He is BEAUTIFUL!

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be new to me husky - Steve   Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 16, 2012 10:39 pm

He's so pretty! Look at the big smiling face of his!

Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be new to me husky - Steve   Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:33 am

He's a big baby! Razz

Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be new to me husky - Steve   Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 1:40 am

Gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
Juturna67
Puppy
Puppy
Juturna67

Female Join date : 2012-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be new to me husky - Steve   Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 2:24 am

How do you find breeders like that? I was thinking of getting a lab.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be new to me husky - Steve   Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 2:28 am

Juturna67 wrote:

She's a friend of mine that I knew needed to rehome a dog and a puppy so I suggested her to Kevin.

Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be new to me husky - Steve   Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 2:44 am

I love her Ceara, she has been a very friendly and wonderful woman to speak with. I'm hoping to get over there this Friday to hang with all the dogs and to meet Steve Smile And of course, take tons of pictures.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be new to me husky - Steve   Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 2:46 am

Oh I love her also. She's excellent. I want to go up there whenever I get the opportunity after we move.

Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be new to me husky - Steve   Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 8:57 am

I missed this somehow too! Grats Kev!!!

Such a Handsome boy Smile And looks really happy.

~Chris~

Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be new to me husky - Steve   Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:30 pm

Ceara beat me, but my reply was I didn't, ceara did
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be new to me husky - Steve   Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:39 pm

Sorry Kevin :p I was up last night so I thought you wouldn't mind if I answered Smile

Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be new to me husky - Steve   Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:41 pm

Never. not like its false or anything. Can't wait to talk with linda again about the dogs. Her 17 y/o husky Makaila passed away to day. (you know already- Ceara) Was so glad to get to see all of them, especially her since she is the corner stone of the family there.
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be new to me husky - Steve   Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:49 pm

Juturna67 wrote:

There's a ton of labs in the LA shelters, if you're looking. Check petharbor.com
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be new to me husky - Steve   Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:52 pm

Research is the key to finding a dog of any breed. Find rescues that are dedicated to a breed you want and talk to them, also pounds/humane societies. Also talk with people on here for sure is a help. If you want a lab, find a lab forum. I joined one to help with Weldon the parvo lab when I got him and they were great help. Everyone wanted updates on him and I was very happy they kept asking about him till he was perfect health.
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be new to me husky - Steve   Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 7:59 pm

Congrats Kevin! I'm a fan of Steve Austin so I like the name. Smile Your steve is much better looking though.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be new to me husky - Steve   Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 8:43 pm

Yeah I know about Makaila Sad I spoke with her briefly before she left to the vets this morning and then a little bit more this afternoon. She's really stressed so I had just wanted to offer condolences and let her know she had someone to chat with.

Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be new to me husky - Steve   Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 17, 2012 11:41 pm

26nikita wrote:
Congrats Kevin! I'm a fan of Steve Austin so I like the name. Smile Your steve is much better looking though.

damn good looking dog!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Soon to be new to me husky - Steve   Soon to be new to me husky - Steve - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Soon to be new to me husky - Steve

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next