It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Kuba pink spot on lips

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mitdlee4
Newborn
Newborn
mitdlee4

Male Join date : 2012-08-08

Kuba pink spot on lips Empty
PostSubject: Kuba pink spot on lips   Kuba pink spot on lips EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 8:00 pm

Hello ive attached a picture trying to find out the cause of a pink spot on the corner of his mouth that has begun to loose hair, it seems dirty and irritated however it does not bother him at all.

Kuba pink spot on lips Attach22

Last edited by mitdlee4 on Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pic)
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Kuba pink spot on lips   Kuba pink spot on lips EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:41 pm

Has Kuba had any change in his food or treats lately?
Back to top Go down
mitdlee4
Newborn
Newborn
mitdlee4

PostSubject: Re: Kuba pink spot on lips   Kuba pink spot on lips EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:51 pm

No change
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Kuba pink spot on lips   Kuba pink spot on lips EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:52 pm

Doesn't really look like it, but do you have a blacklight handy? That's a quick check to see if it's a fungal infection. That's how I'd check my cats when I first got them if they still had ringworm.

Kuba pink spot on lips Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
mitdlee4
Newborn
Newborn
mitdlee4

PostSubject: Re: Kuba pink spot on lips   Kuba pink spot on lips EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:59 pm

How can i check with that? What will i notice? I do notice that there is a sort of black dots where his hair is missing, like when we have clogged pours.
Back to top Go down
Dark-Krystal
Newborn
Newborn
Dark-Krystal

PostSubject: Re: Kuba pink spot on lips   Kuba pink spot on lips EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 10:03 pm

There is also a thing called a HotSpot,but normally that causes itchiness,it also can cause hair loss and are quick to get very big if the dog starts scratching,or more moisture irritates a hotspot...Could be wrong, but it gives you something to research or to keep you aware if it changes very rapidly in size.

I just remember when my previous girl had one of them and in the space of 4 hours it had tripled in size why i was at work.

Best of luck and hope you find out whats wrong :-)
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Kuba pink spot on lips   Kuba pink spot on lips EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 11:07 pm

Stark has something like that... The hair was gone and there were black spots in there as well. We went to the Vet and found out he had Red Mange (the non-contagious type THANK GOD!!) Has your dog gone through anything lately where the immune system can be compromised? (Shots/Neuter etc?)

Also, try combing other parts of his body really well to see if there's anything else. All of Stark's fur made us miss it until it started up on his paw.

Whatever it is, I hope he gets better soon!
Back to top Go down
mitdlee4
Newborn
Newborn
mitdlee4

PostSubject: Re: Kuba pink spot on lips   Kuba pink spot on lips EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 11:49 pm

Any suggestions on where to start? A trip to the vet is not in my budget right now. As said by @undarth there are little black spot that look like clogged pours and he is extremely extremely itchy, which he has been more than usual a little before the spot started to show up. I just noticed a small spot near his foot which im sure hes been gnawing on but still very small. The main spot is at the corner of his mouth on the outside of his lip, no bigger than a quarter, not warm from what i can tell, and it doesn't seem to be bothering him. Is there any medics i can try that may help and not hurt him.

Kuba pink spot on lips Photo14
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

PostSubject: Re: Kuba pink spot on lips   Kuba pink spot on lips EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 12:18 am

Hey,

I'm not sure about what else you can do without going to a Vet, but here is the link to my thread. I haven't tried what arooroomom suggested yet - I was planning on doing it if we had to continue Stark on the medication, but it might be worth a try?
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Kuba pink spot on lips   Kuba pink spot on lips EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 12:51 am

I think you need to shuffle around the cash and find a way to get him into the vet - its pretty necessary if he has mange, especially if it continues to spread. It sucks, but in my world a bill will go unpaid for the dogs to go to the vet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
mitdlee4
Newborn
Newborn
mitdlee4

PostSubject: Re: Kuba pink spot on lips   Kuba pink spot on lips EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 1:00 am

Obviously i would do anything for him if necassary @mheath0429 i am just asking for suggestions because we all know how expensive the vet can be. Just looking for advice that the point of a forum
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Kuba pink spot on lips   Kuba pink spot on lips EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 1:02 am

Of course, but we aren't veterinarians. We can't suggest a treatment for something if it isn't diagnosed - thats why I said go to the vet, they can help you!
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

PostSubject: Re: Kuba pink spot on lips   Kuba pink spot on lips EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 1:03 am

Hey, I know it can be pretty hard when something is wrong with your pet... But since you found another spot, I would voice and say the Vet would be my first choice as well... If it isn't Mange, there's always a chance that non-vet routes can flare up the condition.

Just curious though, was there anything in the past month or two where his immune system was compromised? If not, you can pretty much rule out the Red Mange.
Back to top Go down
mitdlee4
Newborn
Newborn
mitdlee4

PostSubject: Re: Kuba pink spot on lips   Kuba pink spot on lips EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 2:22 am

Spot on the other side of his lip... Sad time for the vet, im worried, ill update.
Back to top Go down
mitdlee4
Newborn
Newborn
mitdlee4

PostSubject: Re: Kuba pink spot on lips   Kuba pink spot on lips EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 2:22 am

Pray its ok...
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Kuba pink spot on lips   Kuba pink spot on lips EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 2:26 am

I wasn't trying to be harsh, I just had the best interests for your dog in mind - if I knew it were mange I would suggest Tea Tree Oil, but until you have a diagnosis, get into that vet dear!

Let us know what happens.

But, what are you feeding, if you don't mind me asking?
Back to top Go down
mitdlee4
Newborn
Newborn
mitdlee4

PostSubject: Re: Kuba pink spot on lips   Kuba pink spot on lips EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 3:10 am

purina one for puppies
Back to top Go down
mitdlee4
Newborn
Newborn
mitdlee4

PostSubject: Re: Kuba pink spot on lips   Kuba pink spot on lips EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 3:16 am

I would love suggestions on food, i want to put him on blue, however am waiting to until a year.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Kuba pink spot on lips   Kuba pink spot on lips EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 3:55 am

I would switch sooner.. Why do you want to wait? Blue wilderness is perfectly fine to feed.
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Kuba pink spot on lips   Kuba pink spot on lips EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 8:27 am

Blue Wilderness has been wonderful for Balon, just got him the salmon one and he loves it!
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

PostSubject: Re: Kuba pink spot on lips   Kuba pink spot on lips EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 11:44 am

I would switch him to Blue sooner. I had Stark on that before the raw diet and he did pretty amazing on it. A good place to look up information regarding kibble is www.dogfoodadvisor.com - a lot of excellent information on there.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your guy - hopefully it's nothing scary, but I'm sure the forum will be helpful regardless of what it is! Smile
Back to top Go down
mitdlee4
Newborn
Newborn
mitdlee4

PostSubject: Re: Kuba pink spot on lips   Kuba pink spot on lips EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 2:44 pm

tHANKS! Is that best y'all think, any other advice food wise, being a puppy and all 8 months, he should be on puppy food still i know, however is all life stages ok? I want to get him on grain free that's why i like blue.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Kuba pink spot on lips   Kuba pink spot on lips EmptyThu Aug 09, 2012 2:59 pm

Personally, I gave Cato the Wilderness Salmon and Duck when he was only 6 months old he has grown very well. If you can swing it, feed Blue Buffalo Wilderness - it's grain free.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kuba pink spot on lips   Kuba pink spot on lips Empty

Back to top Go down

Kuba pink spot on lips

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1