It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

blood in pee

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aurorablue_eyes
Newborn
Newborn
Aurorablue_eyes

Female Join date : 2012-05-26

blood in pee Empty
PostSubject: blood in pee   blood in pee EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 11:54 am

This morning Jereomy noticed Aurora has blood in her pee and we have been looking things up and doing research all day and we are going to take her to the vet when he gets paid next week but we were wondering if anyone knew anything that would cause there to be blood in her pee. any advise would help.

When we take her out she pees like 5 times and i took her out 15mins ago and then took her out just now and she peed 3 times each. from what i have found she might have a uti but idk.
Back to top Go down
Charsmom
Teenager
Teenager
Charsmom

Female Join date : 2012-07-19

blood in pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood in pee   blood in pee EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 11:58 am

Blood in the urine and the frequent urination scream UTI to me. I don't know if there is something you can do without seeing the vet, but I am sure someone on here will have some advice.
Back to top Go down
Aurorablue_eyes
Newborn
Newborn
Aurorablue_eyes

blood in pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood in pee   blood in pee EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 12:02 pm

yeah that is what i thought. Jereomy found out the hard way she has blood in her pee. he woke up at 2:40am and Aurora had peed on the bed and he saw blood and left me a note to do research while he is at work. and the only info i can find says uti.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

blood in pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood in pee   blood in pee EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 12:21 pm

Agree on the UTI. Unfortunately, the only cure is antibiotics, that i'm aware of. I'd put the vet visit and antibiotics on my credit card and pay it off later personally. The longer you wait the worse it could get. Hope she gets better soon! My 13 year old cat had a UTI last month Sad Not fun.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Aurorablue_eyes
Newborn
Newborn
Aurorablue_eyes

blood in pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood in pee   blood in pee EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 12:35 pm

yeah we dont have a credit card to put the vet visit on. and jereomy doesnt get paid til next thursday . so i dont know what we are going to do.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

blood in pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood in pee   blood in pee EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 1:06 pm

Apply for Care Credit. You get a yes or no right away and get a page to print out so you can use it instantly.
Back to top Go down
Aurorablue_eyes
Newborn
Newborn
Aurorablue_eyes

blood in pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood in pee   blood in pee EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 1:32 pm

do u have to apply for care credit there at the vet? or can u do it online or over the phone?
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

blood in pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood in pee   blood in pee EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 1:35 pm

Agreed with Heather - I suggest that you either get Insurance or start saving for the long term - because this kind of thing can and does happen.

Until you can get her in, go to a health food store and get a cranberry supplement, it will at least ease the pain. I prefer a powder form, but you can get capsules, just break them up and put into her food.

What are you feeding? In my experience, with my female, food had a lot to do with her frequent UTIs.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Aurorablue_eyes
Newborn
Newborn
Aurorablue_eyes

blood in pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood in pee   blood in pee EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 1:51 pm

Jereomy just got a new job and he gets his first pay check next week. We have been feeding here diamond dog food high energy. She loves the food. She gets plenty of water with her food and we give her water during the day alot b.c its been so hot.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

blood in pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood in pee   blood in pee EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 2:05 pm

Well, when Delilah was eating grain, she got UTI's around once a month - just food for thought.

CareCredit you can apply for online!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

blood in pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood in pee   blood in pee EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 2:45 pm

Cransins (which are dryed Cranberrys) may help with the discomfort she is probably having.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

blood in pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood in pee   blood in pee EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 2:48 pm

Be careful Craisins - they are little and if you have an "inhaler" she might choke.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

blood in pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood in pee   blood in pee EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 2:54 pm

mheath0429 wrote:
Be careful Craisins - they are little and if you have an "inhaler" she might choke.

That is true... Mine eat them but they are not puppy anymore.. I give them some for snacks once in a while or freeze then in yogarit.

Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

blood in pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood in pee   blood in pee EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 2:59 pm

I could do that with my female - my male no way jose. He would go to town on those things. lol
Back to top Go down
Aurorablue_eyes
Newborn
Newborn
Aurorablue_eyes

blood in pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood in pee   blood in pee EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 3:00 pm

k i will give the craisins a try. she doesnt inhale her food she eats its slowly and most the time she takes a few bits goes and finds u in the house then runs back to her food and eats alittle more and goes and find u again.

I got Aurora to pee on a training pad alittle bit ago and i didnt see any blood but then i took her outside and she peed again and then pooped.

what type of yogarit plain?
Back to top Go down
NadirCs
Teenager
Teenager
NadirCs

Female Join date : 2012-03-28

blood in pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood in pee   blood in pee EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 4:42 pm

Sugar is really bad for UTIs, it feeds the bacteria, and most brands of Craisins are packed with added sugar. FYI.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

blood in pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood in pee   blood in pee EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 4:55 pm

Aurorablue_eyes wrote:
do u have to apply for care credit there at the vet? or can u do it online or over the phone?

You can do it online right now.
There's a lot of foods that have a high ash content and for a dog who is UTI prone I'd always suggest emailing companies about the ash content in their food.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

blood in pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood in pee   blood in pee EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 5:11 pm

Apply for a credit card through the bank you bank out. They're really easy to get, and you can do it online.

When Ares got a UTI a few months ago, I went to walmart and got cranberry supplements. It helped the UTI a lot.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

blood in pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood in pee   blood in pee EmptySat Aug 11, 2012 5:44 pm

The issue with a normal credit card though is you have to wait to get the physical card, though you should get one to have on hard incase something like this happens again - though I would still opt for care credit since they have great financing options.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

blood in pee Empty
PostSubject: Re: blood in pee   blood in pee Empty

Back to top Go down

blood in pee

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1