It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

throwing up early a.m. quite frequently..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ReinasMama
Newborn
Newborn
ReinasMama

Female Join date : 2012-08-15

throwing up early a.m. quite frequently.. Empty
PostSubject: throwing up early a.m. quite frequently..   throwing up early a.m. quite frequently.. EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 1:23 pm

Reina ( my four month old pup) has been waking up in the morning and immediately barfing on my bed. (she sleeps with me). I was thinking it was because she has gone all night without food and her hunger is making her tummy upset, but the last time she threw up, she threw up food. Maybe she gets too warm? It is summer and I don't have a.c...any ideas on the topic?
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: throwing up early a.m. quite frequently..   throwing up early a.m. quite frequently.. EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 1:29 pm

What are you feeding? I was speaking with one of the rescue people and his male used to do this all the time. Changing the dog to a single source protein food alleviated the issue. His dog was puking up bile.

What is your feeding schedule and how much (as well as what brand) are you feeding?

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
ReinasMama
Newborn
Newborn
ReinasMama

PostSubject: Re: throwing up early a.m. quite frequently..   throwing up early a.m. quite frequently.. EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 1:34 pm

I was feeding her blue buffalo large breed puppy, and she didn't seem to like it but it was easier on her stomach. So then I switched to taste of the wild and mixed the two, and that gave her watery stool. Once she finished most of that, I put her back on the blue buffalo.. She eats small portions about 3 times a day.
Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: throwing up early a.m. quite frequently..   throwing up early a.m. quite frequently.. EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 1:41 pm

So she's been vomiting bile on both foods in the morning? When is her last meal?

My recommendation would be to try a LID. Acana has a nice new line of LID which were going to try with the new foster. Single protein source... There's a chicken, lamb, and a fish one too I think...

Either that or push up her PM meal just a bit later and see if that helps...

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: throwing up early a.m. quite frequently..   throwing up early a.m. quite frequently.. EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 2:07 pm

My guess would be an empty stomach if it's bile most of the time. One of my dogs has a tendency to vomit early in the morning and in the afternoon because of an empty stomach. I have to give her a treat at bedtime and early afternoon and as long as I do that she doesn't throw up. But if I forget and miss one of those treats to put something on her stomach she will vomit.

Adult
Adult
rileyflorence

Male Join date : 2011-05-15

PostSubject: Re: throwing up early a.m. quite frequently..   throwing up early a.m. quite frequently.. EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 2:22 pm

Does she chew on anything? Appa will usually throw up any plastic or whatever in the AM. When his stomach has all night to relax and try to work the foreign object up. Is there ever anything in the vomit besides bile or food? Some kind of small hard anything?
Back to top Go down
ReinasMama
Newborn
Newborn
ReinasMama

PostSubject: Re: throwing up early a.m. quite frequently..   throwing up early a.m. quite frequently.. EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 2:56 pm

most of the time it is just bile. recently it was food, that was fed a while before her bedtime and to me, it should have had enough time to digest. I can understand why she would be throwing up bile, but maybe I should just keep some treats with me and if we wake in the middle of the night just to give her one? Or wake up early to feed her. As for the vomit with the food in it, I'm starting to think maybe she had eaten some stuffing from a stuffed animal. She's been tearing apart quite a few and I try and pick up all the stuffing but she might have gotten into some...
Back to top Go down
rachel.bontje
Newborn
Newborn
rachel.bontje

Female Join date : 2012-07-01

PostSubject: Re: throwing up early a.m. quite frequently..   throwing up early a.m. quite frequently.. EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 10:06 pm

My girl Nova does the same thing, we talked it over with our vet who said it was normal to see Bile in the morning and as you've been saying is just little Reina's way of telling her Mommy that she's hungry. Although like it was mentioned above, Nova will also vomit in the morning if she got into something the night before that she shouldn't have had (plastic and other such things that we didn't notice were left where she could find them). If its just an occasional thing I woudn't be too worried, but if its an almost every day thing there could be other issues.

Nova also loves pulling the stuffing (and squeakers) out of her toys, but the stuffing always makes her tummy feel yucky if she eats some
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: throwing up early a.m. quite frequently..   throwing up early a.m. quite frequently.. Empty

Back to top Go down

throwing up early a.m. quite frequently..

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1