It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 4:11 am

The worst Ami has done is left scratches in the stained pine door from the laundry room...oh, and multiple sticks of butter that I have snatched back from him. The door, I sanded down and restained. The butter...garbage.

Now, my first girl, Sasha What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 4 1625187496 She took down all the wallpaper in our student housing apartment in one afternoon...it was heavy duty vinyl, they did not put on any molding at the floor and she grabbed the corners that were rolling up...I guess she was playing tuggy. We came home to find the wallpaper in rolls all over the apt. then there were all the couch and chair cushions...or when she was spayed, she broke out of her cage, dove through the glass storm door and found her way home (the vet said they wouldn't charge us for the door Rolling Eyes ) Rolling Eyes Or the ham bone left from easter dinner that my mom gave me to make pea soup (don't put ham bone in bag in back of pinto wagon with husky in the middle seat) I could go on forever about that ladies antics. She was a hand full!
Back to top Go down
SiberianAnubis
Adult
Adult
SiberianAnubis

Male Join date : 2010-11-09

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 02, 2014 8:11 pm

Anubis destroyed the mattress of my bed when he was a pup. I was so pissed.
Back to top Go down
katty_89
Newborn
Newborn
katty_89

Female Join date : 2013-09-26

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 9:11 pm

Axel chewed one of my friends brand new pair of expensive sunglasses... that she got for Christmas 2 days earlier bounce LOL but in his defense, he was only 5 months old at the time and she left them on the table outside where he had easy access to them. We searched the house high and low for them, before looking in his kennel haha!! Anything else he's ever gotten has been our own fault for leaving it in his range, but nothing ever of much value again since those sunglasses Smile
Back to top Go down
Faylan and me
Newborn
Newborn
Faylan and me

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 10:33 am

I know this is an oldie but I'm Loving this, it's nice to know I'm not alone in the wake of destruction a husky pup can leave. in his 16 months faylan has eaten/destroyed approximately:
12 bras I'm thinking more though
30 undies
New packets of mower blades- just for the plastic packaging
Buckets- I have 1 bucket left and it has teeth marks in it
Various boxes of bolts he liked the packaging these came in tipped out the contents and we had cardboard and metal bolts everywhere still find the odd one with the mower.
Power tools
Hand tools like screwdrivers hammers and what nots
4 of our chooks -not a happy day that one
My reading glasses and my sons sunglasses
Wippersnipper cord-too many packets to count
A pair of thongs I think you guys call them flip flops?
My favourite black ballet flats
A variety of throw pillows and blankets
A quilt my mum made
Double adapters and the longer power boards too many to count
Socks -again too many to count
Brand new tin of water based paint he just opened it don't know how and painted everything in his surrounding area including himself bright green lucky it's was wet when I found him and managed to wash it out and it only stained his white fur and didn't matt it. He was very unique for a few weeks a black and green husky.
Totally excavated the backyard, side yard and under our house
Weatherboards and fence pickets and other timber off cut
Jumper cables
Tore the bilge pump out of the boat
Headphones
A car battery charger
Another battery charger thingy
Our brand new packet of string line
My sons pokemon bird thingy plush toy-tore is beak off and tried to eat it's face off which I sewed back on and it looked like it had a really bad nose job- my son noticed and I had buy him a new one
Nerf bullets
Chilli bushes - really hot chillies too only after I tried to make a herb chilli spray to stop him from chewing on my bras, I spiked a pre chewed bra with chilli it worked but he wouldn't leave my plants alone until destroyed
Kale
Parsley
Lots of Tupperware
Cats dishes
2 harnesses
Leashes
My sons bike helmet
Other things way too gross to mention
Our other dogs beds and blankes
His beds and blankets
His toys - I stopped buying both my boys fancy dog toys and bedding now I go to either the baby section in our local charity store or a cheap discount shop now  
I know there's more so much more but I've kinda given up on it all now.
he's priceless and I can get more stuff to replace his wake of destruction, although now he seems to have mellowed out and we are super vigilant with the chooks, now he's to be either attached to me while the chooks have backyard time or out with me visiting or locked into the front yard with us under constant supervision.
he's not allowed in the house anymore without parental supervision but his human dad has yet to learn how to lock his workshop area so there is sometimes mischief still caused in there.
And under no circumstances is any laundry allowed to be left undone overnight -its left alone if it's clean but as soon as it's been worn it's his, it's only my undies and socks he eats though, my mates say he's a bit of a pervert, my other half thought it was funny till he found out how much the bras cost that he was eating and frolicking with in the backyard. The neighbours seen him with a bra one day apparently he was having the time of his life with it.
he's been to the vets every time he's eaten something bad and he's been fine.
Sorry for the long post but it's kinda nice to have hindsight and be able to laugh about it...now anyway.
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 1:21 pm

Long story but Loki decided the downstairs bathroom needed a doggie door.
What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 4 IMG_1234_zpsrowuac2o
Back to top Go down
amymeme
Senior
Senior
amymeme

Female Join date : 2013-12-20

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 1:28 pm

Oooohhhh, Loki...naughty boy Razz

Erica - you wanted a new door, anyway, right lol!
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 2:02 pm

OMG Loki!!! This is exactly what my first husky Butkis did while I was in college. He accidentally closed himself in the bathroom while we went to dinner. He was NOT about to stay in there when he had free run of the whole condo!

Rumflower
Adult
Adult
Rumflower

Female Join date : 2015-06-16

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 2:09 pm

OMG! Our old weimaraner also chewed holes into walls doors and cabinets.

Honestly... I'm pretty impressed lol. Your Loki seems quite a talented carpenter LOL! You ever been so upset you just wanted to rip a door apart with your teeth?
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 2:24 pm

Logan is up to two spots in our rental where he has decided he doesn't like the carpet.
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 2:55 pm

Colleen, that is what happened.
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 3:44 pm

Oh Boy! I got screen, paneling and wood putty to fix mine as I had no money to replace the door back then. While I was in the store getting the supplies that is when he ate the seat belt of my car. What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 4 1625187496

tyler.jenkins.125
Teenager
Teenager
tyler.jenkins.125

Male Join date : 2015-04-06

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 4:09 pm

I would say the most expensive thing Koda has destroyed was one of my mom's designer high heels... Nowhere near as bad as a door!
Back to top Go down
http://tylerjenkinsmusic.com/
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 4:15 pm

I would say it depends on the designer shoe Tyler. A plain contractor grade hollow slab door is/was $100-150 I believe. Now there are designer shoes out there for a whole heck of a lot more. So it could have been more expensive than you knew! Embarassed

tyler.jenkins.125
Teenager
Teenager
tyler.jenkins.125

Male Join date : 2015-04-06

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 4:23 pm

I believe they were in the 50-80 range. She was still SUPER pissed, but at least it wasn't a louboutin or something...
Back to top Go down
http://tylerjenkinsmusic.com/
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 4:55 pm

Yeah that is exactly what I was thinking when you said designer shoes!!!!

RedFlashFire05
Senior
Senior
RedFlashFire05

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 8:15 pm

well, Leo didn't intentionally want to beak it, but did get stuck on one of the flat cat6 cable wail passing by one of the computers, which was about 15$. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?    What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?  - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

What is the most expensive item your puppy destroyed?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4