It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

How old is your husky?
< 1 year
Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are Vote_lcap32%Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are Vote_rcap
 32% [ 24 ]
1 to 3 years
Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are Vote_lcap43%Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are Vote_rcap
 43% [ 32 ]
4 to 6 years
Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are Vote_lcap13%Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are Vote_rcap
 13% [ 10 ]
7 to 10 years
Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are Vote_lcap7%Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are Vote_rcap
 7% [ 5 ]
10 to 13 years
Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are Vote_lcap4%Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are Vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
> 13 years
Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are Vote_lcap1%Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 75

AuthorMessage
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

Male Join date : 2010-09-22

Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are Empty
PostSubject: Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are   Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 7:12 pm

Thought it would be cool to get an age demographic of members pups. Mine are all rescues so ages can be approximate.

Next to last choice should be 11 to 13.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/HeartlandHuskies
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are   Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:38 pm

Can you vote more than once if you have multiple dogs?
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are   Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:40 pm

MIne are about the same age.. how do you vote twice or three times or more.
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are   Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 8:41 pm

MelissaI wrote:
Can you vote more than once if you have multiple dogs?

I looked for that option and didn't see one. Maybe a poll guru can help.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are   Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:15 pm

I seem to think that I voted twice, just clicked the 2 different age boxes. Usually if you can't it says,error needs correction, or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are   Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are EmptyTue Sep 11, 2012 9:19 pm

But if you have 2 dogs of the same age you only get to record one vote in that age group. I'm a poll creation newbie...
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are   Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:40 am

Well I did it but
Embry is 2, almost 3..October 4, 2009
Zoey is 2...July 16,2010
Ares is 8 months...December 26, 2011
Back to top Go down
Kayjill
Newborn
Newborn
Kayjill

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are   Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 7:42 am

Ive voted but can only vote one :/
Both my huskies are 2
Back to top Go down
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are   Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:23 am

Wow, it kind of surprises me that almost all of them are young. Where are all the older huskys? I hope not shelters Sad Do they have short life expectancies?
Back to top Go down
Ashleymarie9807
Teenager
Teenager
Ashleymarie9807

Female Join date : 2012-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are   Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:27 am

I don't think in shelters, I think a lot of people stumbled upon this site after being first time husky owners.
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are   Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 10:27 am

taveraw wrote:
Wow, it kind of surprises me that almost all of them are young. Where are all the older huskys? I hope not shelters Sad Do they have short life expectancies?

Actually due to their lower metabolism rates and lack of serious generic related health issues they tend to live longer than a lot of dogs their size, 12 to 15 years is common.
Back to top Go down
Piper
Puppy
Puppy
Piper

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are   Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 11:39 am

Sydney ~ 2
Char ~ 4
Jazz ~ 7
Salsa ~ 8
Cougar ~ 11
Jacob ~ 11
Back to top Go down
http://www.smallmightyracing.weebly.com
SaberK
Adult
Adult
SaberK

Female Join date : 2012-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are   Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 11:45 am

My boy is 13!
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are   Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 11:47 am

Well I voted, but since I can only vote once for 2 dogs the same age....

Demon and Dakota are a bit more than 3.5 years old (January 7, 2009). It's hard to believe it's been that long!
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are   Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:07 pm

My boy turns 7 years old next week.

Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are   Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 2:20 pm

Lexy is 9 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Robinhuskylover2231
Teenager
Teenager
Robinhuskylover2231

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are   Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 5:40 pm

Cally is 8 and a half months!
Back to top Go down
shaina&indy
Teenager
Teenager
shaina&indy

Female Join date : 2011-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are   Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 7:10 pm

Indy is 15 months and Rebel is almost 5 months.
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are   Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:44 pm

Adobo is 6

Biko is 3
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are   Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 8:46 pm

Cali is 5.5, Mika is 1.5, Steve is soon to be 2
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are   Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 9:26 pm

Lordbroll wrote:
taveraw wrote:

Actually due to their lower metabolism rates and lack of serious generic related health issues they tend to live longer than a lot of dogs their size, 12 to 15 years is common.

We should do a poll on why people joined the forum. My guess to why there isn't many Seniors on the forum is because people join to get answers to training questions or food advice for this sensitive breed. A senior is an ANGEL so no need for training advice and if you don't have the food figured out by then, well....
Back to top Go down
Arainais
Puppy
Puppy
Arainais

Female Join date : 2011-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are   Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 9:35 pm

Zoe is 8, will turn 9 on New Year's day. Tasha is 8 too, but since she's adopted, we don't know her exact birthday. Storm is estimated to be around 18 months.

I've had Zoe since she was 3 months old. I joined the forum because we adopted Tasha and she and Zoe don't get along. I was looking for training advice to get them to accept each other.
Back to top Go down
Lordbroll
Senior
Senior
Lordbroll

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are   Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 9:38 pm

26nikita wrote:
Lordbroll wrote:
taveraw wrote:

We should do a poll on why people joined the forum. My guess to why there isn't many Seniors on the forum is because people join to get answers to training questions or food advice for this sensitive breed. A senior is an ANGEL so no need for training advice and if you don't have the food figured out by then, well....

Sounds plausible but wasn't true in my case. I joined when my first husky, Mikko was 6 or 7. I did it for my interest in the breed, shared experiences and possibly meeting other owners in my area. The advice and knowledge I found here as well as the community feel kept me around.
Back to top Go down
CyrusMyLove
Newborn
Newborn
CyrusMyLove

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are   Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are EmptyWed Sep 12, 2012 11:34 pm

Greetings! This is my first post here. So here it goes...
Cyrus was one month short of 17 years old when we had to put him to sleep due to spinal stenosis (a condition where his back legs became so weak that he could not get up). He was otherwise extremely healthy. Leumi, our little Princess, will be 14 years old this December. We just got another pup who is 12 weeks old.
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are   Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are EmptyThu Sep 13, 2012 12:09 am

My tiny girl Sandy was 17 and a couple months when we had to put her to sleep. She had suffered from dementia for years and was mostly deaf but the final straw was also just a general weakness. She could no longer go up or down the steps and it was taking her longer and longer to even stand up from lying down. Sad

She was SO healthy for most of her life! She was my heart dog....

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are   Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are Empty

Back to top Go down

Poll - Curious how old everyone's husky(s) are

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1