It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Swollen Jaw!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
paleobones
Teenager
Teenager
paleobones

Female Join date : 2012-01-11

Swollen Jaw!! Empty
PostSubject: Swollen Jaw!!   Swollen Jaw!! EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 9:55 pm

Earlier I noticed some swelling under Raven's jaw. It seemed like it was getting better and then she scratched at it. Now it is huge!
Swollen Jaw!! IMAG0889_zpse2ba8e1e

Swollen Jaw!! IMAG0886_zpsd0749689
Here is a normal pic for comparison
Swollen Jaw!! IMAG0766-1-1

Any ideas what it could be from? She is still eating and acting normal but she doesn't want/like you to touch it.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

Swollen Jaw!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swollen Jaw!!   Swollen Jaw!! EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 10:36 pm

Is it possible she got stung by something? Looks like an allergic reaction.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
paleobones
Teenager
Teenager
paleobones

Swollen Jaw!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swollen Jaw!!   Swollen Jaw!! EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 10:43 pm

It is possible. She was out on the deck before I noticed the swelling. She likes to go out when the neighbor takes his dogs out. She could have gotten stung by a bee/wasp. She is sleeping now.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

Swollen Jaw!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swollen Jaw!!   Swollen Jaw!! EmptyTue Sep 18, 2012 11:21 pm

Looks like she got stung by something to me too. Give her 1 or 2 benadryls (the pink solid pill) depending on her weight. That should help the swelling go down.

Swollen Jaw!! Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

Swollen Jaw!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swollen Jaw!!   Swollen Jaw!! EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 1:23 am

You can give the capsule as well, if that's all you have. the only form of benadryl that is unsafe is liquid. ESPECIALLY children's - it usually has xylitol. Her size, I would only give one. She will get tired, so don't get nervous is she is drowsy and a bit lethargic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

Swollen Jaw!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swollen Jaw!!   Swollen Jaw!! EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 5:43 am

If it doesn't seem to be causing any distress I would just skip the drugs and leave her BEE.

Back to top Go down
paleobones
Teenager
Teenager
paleobones

Swollen Jaw!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swollen Jaw!!   Swollen Jaw!! EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 10:06 am

Here4thePics wrote:
If it doesn't seem to be causing any distress I would just skip the drugs and leave her BEE.

ba dum Tshh lol

Thanks for the responses, I saw them this morning. The swelling is down quite a bit but is still there. She is not scratching at it or anything so I think I will continue just observing. The benedryl info is really helpful and will keep it in mind. Do you think she got stung outside or inside her mouth to swell like that?
Back to top Go down
Robinhuskylover2231
Teenager
Teenager
Robinhuskylover2231

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

Swollen Jaw!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swollen Jaw!!   Swollen Jaw!! EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 7:08 pm

Cally got stung by a bee on the top of her nose last week and the swelling looked exactly like that, benadryl works miracles.
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

Swollen Jaw!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swollen Jaw!!   Swollen Jaw!! EmptyWed Sep 19, 2012 10:21 pm

This is the worst time of year for bees, they are so darn nasty, I usually get stung every Sept or Oct somewhere! I hate them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Swollen Jaw!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swollen Jaw!!   Swollen Jaw!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Swollen Jaw!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1