It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Halloween costumes

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
alexa&joe001
Puppy
Puppy
alexa&joe001

Female Join date : 2012-04-27

Halloween costumes Empty
PostSubject: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:08 pm

Hey everyone, so Halloween is just around the corner..(which also means our Husky's 1st birthday is almost here!) is anyone dressing their dogs up or have fun ideas? Smile

i thought this would be adorable as a bigger version for our dog. lol
Halloween costumes Lens1910

Halloween costumes Photo_10
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Halloween costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:14 pm

we have dressed them up every yr Smile not sure what this yr holds...... i know we have a tread somewhere with past pictures.....

Puppy
Puppy
alexa&joe001

Halloween costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:22 pm

aww yeah we are going to start dressing our dog up every year too i think. lol. just not sure what yet! We both wanna dress up ourselves this year...i'm a huge horror buff & absolutely love Halloween, theres so many options, i don't know what we are going to do yet!
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

Halloween costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:38 pm

I am so dressing up the girls this year. last year i found a lobster costume and I almost peed my pants laughing at Tika in it. But Chris was less than enthusiastic about it. Maybe I can get them festive handkerchiefs...
Its our ten year anniversary this halloween....I'll have to make it an occasion!!
Kelly

Puppy
Puppy
alexa&joe001

Halloween costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:50 pm

That sounds SO cute! & so funny. Happy anniversary! I want to see pictures of cute dressed up doggies. Smile
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Halloween costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:54 pm

Kody was super man (dog) and Mya was a cow last year! Can't wait to dress them up again this year! Razz
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

Halloween costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 9:34 pm

It's my favorite time of year! And the only time Hubby lets me dress up the dogs! Wink hehe

First year we got Chili, he was Grandma Wolf and I was Lil Red Riding Hood.
Last year we dressed them up as Football Player and Cheerleader, but I also got an eskimo costume for the annual parade and hubby put on a husky hat to be part of my pack. Wink
This year I got Chili a pig costume which Hubby and I will also be - with us being the Three Little Pigs and Frosti will be the big bad wolf. Smile
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

Halloween costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 9:54 pm

jbealer wrote:
we have dressed them up every yr Smile not sure what this yr holds...... i know we have a tread somewhere with past pictures.....

Yea I started it last year. Lol I'll post the link when I get my hands on a computer Smile

ETA- Halloween Costumes From Past Years
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

Halloween costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 11:04 pm

I went to Target the other day and they had some cute dog costumes! I saw one that instantly reminded me of Hayden and I ALMOST bought it! I think I may go back and get it though, it fit's him perfectly lol ..
Halloween costumes 6247_148559618622228_901975787_n
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

Halloween costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:37 am

Lol! This is Lycus' first Halloween and I got him a costume as well. He's gonna be this cute frog, but much bigger!
Halloween costumes PPETS-12598907dt
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

Halloween costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 2:48 am

Last year Zoey was Superwoman and Embry was Superman

This year Embry is a shark, Zoey is a tiger, and Ares is a squirrel.

Halloween costumes 7969116196_4038b89654_z
36/52 - Is it too late to audition for Shark Week? by Arctic Blue Huskies, on Flickr
Halloween costumes 7960226860_301f15fa57_z
IMG_9927 by Arctic Blue Huskies, on Flickr
Halloween costumes 7960226272_69f340921b_z
IMG_9942 by Arctic Blue Huskies, on Flickr
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

Halloween costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 7:26 am

lol!
Ares looks so unimpressed!!!

Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

Halloween costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 12:37 pm

This is my favorite time of the year too! Smile

I love these pictures and ideas! Our dog park is hosting a halloween costume contest. Not sure how the dogs are going to handle it (because they'll want to play lol). I've never dressed up dogs before, so this is exciting!
I really like the little red riding hood idea!

Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

Halloween costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 2:59 pm

Haha! Zoey looks so ferocious! Hehe
Back to top Go down
Danzig's Mommy
Senior
Senior
Danzig's Mommy

Female Join date : 2012-08-10

Halloween costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 3:21 pm

We've only tried to dress our dogs up once. We just bought some Halloween T-shirts and the one we put on Danzig was a little too small and he was blowing his coat. I should've got a pic because it made him look extra fluffy. He just stood there with his head down so we had to take it off.

But, if we happen to find something really cute and for the right price.... we might have to make Danzig suffer a little.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Halloween costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 5:10 pm

i have had good luck at target for costumes, seems there is always a few XL ones there.....

Adult
Adult
MetalMama

Female Join date : 2012-02-23

Halloween costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 5:15 pm

Smile This will be my first Halloween with Axel so Ive been thinking of what to do for him and he is going to be Dracula or more fitting Dogula, going to get him a high collared black cape and some fake blood :p Zoe will be too little still I think to take out, theres so many dogs around here that are not small dog friendly :/
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

Halloween costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 8:48 pm

I love, love, love, love Halloween!

This was Kody "super Kody" last year....
Halloween costumes 374498_305270502816652_100000011151840_1288408_1485689652_n

My poor Mya was a cow..lol.
Halloween costumes PA300713

I think Asia might be the cow this year. The costume was a bit too small for Mya and I'll get Kody and Mya new ones!
Back to top Go down
alexa&joe001
Puppy
Puppy
alexa&joe001

Halloween costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 6:42 pm

Oh my gosh I love everyone's pictures & ideas! Dog Halloween costumes are so much funnier when they're worn by huskies. Lol!
Back to top Go down
alexa&joe001
Puppy
Puppy
alexa&joe001

Halloween costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes EmptyFri Sep 28, 2012 6:43 pm

Melissa the cow costume is priceless! Haha I love it!
Back to top Go down
KotaBear
Teenager
Teenager

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

Halloween costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 4:55 am

This is our first Halloween with Kota and I am more excited to get her costume than I am to get my own!! My fiancé, on the other hand, is less than thrilled that I want to "dress up" our dog. He's a party pooper though so I'm lucky he even agrees to humor my excitement. lol!
Back to top Go down
Charsmom
Teenager
Teenager
Charsmom

Female Join date : 2012-07-19

Halloween costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes EmptySat Sep 29, 2012 9:42 am

I need to find a costume for Char. There is a big trick or treat event in support of our local rescues at the off leash park here. Looks like it is going to be so much fun.
Back to top Go down
myhusky
Newborn
Newborn
myhusky

Male Join date : 2010-10-24

Halloween costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 7:10 am

I so wish we lived in America, just so we could get right into Halloween. Our house would be nuts every October. Still, we're going to have to find a costume for the two rats this year, mainly just to take some Halloween photos. Need to start thinking of ideas.
Back to top Go down
http://myhusky.com.au
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

Halloween costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes EmptySun Sep 30, 2012 8:15 am

I found the perfect costumes for my furbabies just didn't buy them. \

I wanted Kerian to be a lion being the character she is named after was nick named the lioness in the book.

I wanted Blaze to be a dragon being is is our little dragon

I told John about the costumes he just look at like me Like I was crazy.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sierra's owners
Newborn
Newborn
Sierra's owners

Female Join date : 2012-03-21

Halloween costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 10:16 pm

OMG....love all of the pics....questions..

1. how do you train your pups to tolerate the costumes (specifically the hats)

2. what is a good age to expect them to be agreeable to dressing up?

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Halloween costumes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halloween costumes   Halloween costumes Empty

Back to top Go down

Halloween costumes

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next