It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Saying Hello from Sunny Florida.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wolfbandit
Puppy
Puppy
Wolfbandit

Female Join date : 2012-10-16

Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. Empty
PostSubject: Saying Hello from Sunny Florida.   Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 2:38 pm

Hi everyone!

My name is Amanda, my boyfriend's name is Mark, and we are the proud owners of two siberian huskies, Steele, and Jenna. We live near the gulf and when we aren't working, we are either walking the dogs or visiting the nearest dog park. I'm excited to be part of this community, having been a husky lover for quite some time now.

First off, Steele. He is an AKC registered male I picked up from a breeder in Tennessee with a history of champions in his pedigree. Origionally, he was purchased to be a pet and conformation dog. However, he is too tall for conformation by a half inch for male size, and I can't even enter him into a ring. So, right now, he's living up the pet life and enjoying every minute of it. He will be three years old Feb. 6th, and is the love of my life (shh, don't tell my bf). Now that the income has settled down some, and he's more attentive to me and not so 'squirrel' all the time, I am looking for a facility where I can do some agility training with him. He's AKC registered, why not have some fun with it and get him some points (even if it is only a few).

As for husky behavior, he is incredibly calm and docile. He doesn't bark/yip/whine/howl unless told to by me. He doesn't jump up or run off. He doesn't chew. He... is quite literally a perfect dog. I've put a LOT of training into him, and it really shows. Of course, he has an amazing personality, too, which helps, but even so. For being my first husky ever, I am incredibly proud of him and myself.

Anyways, Enough text. Time for some pictures of my handsome man.

Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. 27020_1347584442694_1492928_n
DAD
Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. 27020_1347585082710_2629_n
MOM

Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. 27020_1347587202763_2711260_n
First day home
Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. 28541_1407496820466_1315630_n
Swimming
Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. 28541_1407506900718_6915369_n
'Look at my two different colored eyes'

And now some adult pictures~

Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. 564048_3908306619148_946213240_n
I pose for pictures
Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. 485774_4178836582228_2024910630_n
Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. 548011_4212277538231_822659192_n

Alright. So you've met Steele. Now time to introduce our newest addition to the family, Jenna. Jenna is also an AKC registered husky who I actually rescued from a craigslist ad. She is ten months old, and I've had her for almost a week so far. Her story is a pretty sad one. The people who I got her from had actually rescued her their selves. She was purchased for 1000.00 (I have the original bill of sale) by a couple who bought her and another husky at the same time. It looked like for the first month or so, they took care of her, taking her to the vet and such (I also have all of the vet records), but after they got bored of her, they tied her outside and left her to be. When the couple I rescued her from showed up, they told me she was skin and bones, along with the male they purchased. She was tied up in a muddy backyard and given no flea treatment. Being husky lovers like myself, they took both the huskies (which they found for sale on craigslist, the pictures posted looked fine, when really they were skin and bones) and brought them back to their house to nurse them both back to health. The only reason why the couple I got her from even got rid of her was because she has a VERY high prey drive, and killed her rabbit and her cat. After she killed her cat, she knew she had to get rid of her. So, two and a half hours later (one way) me and Steele visited the small rescue and satisfied with how Steele and her got along, she came back home with me.

It's taking a lot of adjusting getting used to having a puppy in the house again, and I forgot how incredibly annoying puppies could be with their whining. She's began crate training and basic obedience, and is responding very well, especially considering she has almost no prior training what-so-ever. She's got serious separation anxiety (probably from being left outside most of her young life) which we are working on, and she isn't very brave. Hopefully, in the future, she will also go through basic obedience and will progress into agility. I don't know if she will be quite as obedient as Steele, but hey, it's worth a shot. One thing I will say is that she is incredibly loving and just wants to always be in your lap or licking your face or cuddled up with you.

Anyways. I only have a few pictures of her because, well, I just got her. I took her to the local dog park to see how she was with dogs, and she responded incredibly well. Problem is, she just entered her first heat so no more dog park visits for a little while.

Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. 58718_4227530319541_645545190_n
Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. 427892_4229777375716_301878482_n
Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. 183456_4229781015807_1379152981_n
Back to top Go down
calliegirl08
Teenager
Teenager
calliegirl08

Female Join date : 2012-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hello from Sunny Florida.   Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 2:44 pm

Balto! Yes. I approve. Welcome to the site! I'm glad Jenna found a home with you. Worked out perfectly that she's a red, huh? Sorry Steele can't be shown. It's so tough when you never know what you'll get.

I'm moving down to FL soon and there's a couple other members here from the sunshine state!
Back to top Go down
Wolfbandit
Puppy
Puppy
Wolfbandit

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hello from Sunny Florida.   Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 2:52 pm

Ha ha, yes, Balto. I thought it was quite fitting since she was red, and her previous name had been 'Anna', so making the switch to 'Jenna' wasn't too hard for her. I love Balto~ The real story and the disney one. Thank you for the warm welcome!

When you move down here, be prepared to be hot! Make sure your A/C works really well! Can't have our huskies suffering!
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hello from Sunny Florida.   Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:04 pm

Aww, I always wanted to have a red named Jenna but I didn't name either af mine that. Welcome, your huskies are beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hello from Sunny Florida.   Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 3:05 pm

I think Yuki and I will have to make a road-trip across the entire US so that we may meet all these beautiful huskies in florida and colorado and such x.x yours are beautiful <333 I'm partial to the reds myself even though my girl is black and white xD
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hello from Sunny Florida.   Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 6:11 pm

Welcome! Both your pups are gorgeous! I'm so glad Jenna has a happy life with you now Smile
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hello from Sunny Florida.   Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 6:34 pm

Welcome, I love Jenna But I do have the thing for reds..

Steele is a beautiful boy..
Back to top Go down
Wolfbandit
Puppy
Puppy
Wolfbandit

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hello from Sunny Florida.   Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 6:49 pm

Thank you everyone!

Ha ha, ljelgin. I couldn't tell by your signature =P Thank you. He is my pride and joy.
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hello from Sunny Florida.   Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. EmptyTue Oct 16, 2012 10:44 pm

Hi from Central FL! Did you know there's a husky group in your area? Look up Sandy Paws Sled Dog Club Of Tampa Bay on FB or meetup.com. And in February we will be having our second annual FLSnowdog camp in Ocala National Forest! Smile

Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
SaberK
Adult
Adult
SaberK

Female Join date : 2012-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hello from Sunny Florida.   Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 8:44 am

Welcome, Steele and Jenna are gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
shirl51
Puppy
Puppy
shirl51

Female Join date : 2011-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hello from Sunny Florida.   Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 9:32 pm

Welcome Jenna. I think I saw your new pup on Craigslist just last week in my area. I hope that is the same one. The owner just wanted her gone as she had killed her cat. I thought she looked so much like my Bob. So So happy she found a home and hope everything works out for you and her. CONGRATULATIONS.
Back to top Go down
Dragula64
Teenager
Teenager
Dragula64

Female Join date : 2012-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hello from Sunny Florida.   Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 10:13 pm

Welcome. Your pups are adorable!
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hello from Sunny Florida.   Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 10:26 pm

Welcome! They are both gorgeous and I love their names:)
Back to top Go down
Wolfbandit
Puppy
Puppy
Wolfbandit

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hello from Sunny Florida.   Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 11:31 pm

Yep, Shirl. That's her. I went across state to get her ;D So glad I did, too. Were you the other person looking at getting her? The owners said that someone else had been interested in her too xD

'It's a small world aaaffttterrrrr alllllllll'

Also, thank you everyone <3 Your compliments and welcome mean so much.
Back to top Go down
shirl51
Puppy
Puppy
shirl51

Female Join date : 2011-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hello from Sunny Florida.   Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 8:15 am

Hi Jenna
Nope that was not me. I have one and he is enough but if I could I might have thought about her. I don't know why I go to craigslist and see those poor dogs being offered and my heart goes out to them. Hope all is well and please take care Smile
Back to top Go down
Wolfbandit
Puppy
Puppy
Wolfbandit

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hello from Sunny Florida.   Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 9:08 am

So far so good. She'll be going to the vet (hopefully) today, and if not today, then tomorrow, to get a check-up. I think she may have worms, and that needs to be nipped in the butt. Would probably help her put on some weight, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saying Hello from Sunny Florida.   Saying Hello from Sunny Florida. Empty

Back to top Go down

Saying Hello from Sunny Florida.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1