It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions?   In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions? EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 2:49 pm

I've been using a Bissel pet hair eraser for almost four years now, and it sounds like it's on it's way out, lol. So I was looking for some suggestions on a new vacuum. A Dyson is completely out of the question, hubby won't pay that much for a vacuum. I'm pretty sure my limit I could get him to spend would be 200 max.
So what have you guys had good/back luck with? Thanks for the input! Smile
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions?   In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions? EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:30 pm

The search feature is a good tool to use. Wink

This thread from earlier this year talks about vacuums people use/recommend including, but not limited to, the Dysons...
Looking for a new vacuum

FWIW, not all the Dysons are very expensive, I've seen some pretty good sales on some of the lower end models and I know we have a number of members who have snagged new Dysons for really cheap on Craiglist. With the holidays upon us I'm sure it won't be hard to find a good sale if Dyson might still be a contender for you.

I have to say though, I've never had a vacuum that cost less than $250 that really did an impressive job.

My two favorite vacuums are my Dyson DC41 Animal ($600) and my Kenmore Progressive beltless upright ($250).

Adult
Adult
Keyda81

PostSubject: Re: In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions?   In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions? EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:45 pm

I looked through product reviews/recommendations thread, not the general discussion thread, didn't even think of that one, oops. Embarassed
I didn't even think of checking craigslist either. I'll have to check there. Hubby is a gun guy, there's no way I'd get him to buy a vacuum that he could get a gun for the same price, lol. I really wouldn't mind spending the extra cash, I prefer a clean house! It's not too horrible right now since Lucian has a while before he'll actually blow his coat, but I have two cats as well. Short hairs, but they still shed like crazy. They lay on a piece of furniture for a while and once they get up they leave behind evidence, lol.
Back to top Go down
bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Female Join date : 2012-09-21

PostSubject: Re: In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions?   In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions? EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:54 pm

For $100 I got a Eureka Air Speed Zuum at Target to use when I'm too lazy to haul out my super 20 year old Kirby (which is an awesome - they are expensive buy last a long time!). Well, the more I use the Eureka, the more I like it. We have bamboo floors and area rugs and I can switch between the surfaces quickly and it picks up pet hair well. Great for the price. Please note that we live in a little house, so it might not be good for a big house because it isn't very wide.
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

PostSubject: Re: In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions?   In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions? EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:22 pm

Ugh. I've spent hours looking up reviews and such on vacuums. I loved the Bissell pet hair eraser when I first got it. It has done me four good years of service. I might even overhaul it, and see if that helps any. I've been looking at a Bissell rewind premier pet vacuum. The ratings are pretty good, hubby would approve of the price, and it has all the features I like about my pet hair eraser. Maybe I can manage to get one for Christmas, lol. In the mean time I'll keep shopping around for one. There are so many reviews out there!

My house is by no means huge, but the majority of it is wall to wall carpet. The only rooms that don't have carpet are my bathrooms, one of which is a half bath, and my tiny kitchen. So I have two bedrooms, a living, dining, and back room that are all carpet.
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions?   In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions? EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 7:24 pm

Woot.com has Dysons pop up all the time.
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions?   In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions? EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 5:17 pm

Heather! wrote:
Woot.com has Dysons pop up all the time.

There's one on today!

http://home.woot.com/offers/dyson-dc25-all-floors-ball-vacuum-21

Too bad I don't live in the States... Sad
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions?   In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions? EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 5:54 pm

Quote :
Too bad I don't live in the States...

Check RFD a bunch and skim through or search for Dyson deals. They come up all the time too including refurbs and such.

They also have pretty awesome deals when they are getting rid of their old models... I posted a link earlier in the year to one for Canadians.

Red FLag Deals

With Black Friday coming up there should be a deal on at least refurbs in the next week or two.

Good luck,
~Chris~

ETA - if not boxing day will probably hold some deals.

Back to top Go down
arooroomom
Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions?   In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions? EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 6:04 pm

We picked up a brand new Dyson (price tag still on) for $20 the other day. It's our 4th one in the house and I swear to god I will never NOT have one.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions?   In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions? EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 6:06 pm

I need a Dyson bad! The vacuum that we bought about a year ago if starting to not work so great. Ivan refuses to spend so much on a vacuum though Sad I have caught him looking into the Neato as my xmas present, but now I need to decide if I prefer the Neato or Dyson. Hmmm....
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

PostSubject: Re: In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions?   In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions? EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 6:20 pm

Tika wrote:
Quote :
Too bad I don't live in the States...

Check RFD a bunch and skim through or search for Dyson deals. They come up all the time too including refurbs and such.

They also have pretty awesome deals when they are getting rid of their old models... I posted a link earlier in the year to one for Canadians.

Red FLag Deals

With Black Friday coming up there should be a deal on at least refurbs in the next week or two.

Good luck,
~Chris~

ETA - if not boxing day will probably hold some deals.

Thank you!! I must have missed the thread earlier on. My carpets and my wallet thank you Smile LOL!
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

PostSubject: Re: In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions?   In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions? EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 6:20 pm

arooroomom wrote:
We picked up a brand new Dyson (price tag still on) for $20 the other day. It's our 4th one in the house and I swear to god I will never NOT have one.

=O!!!!

How did you manage that?
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions?   In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions? EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 6:47 pm

Melissa, between Neato and Dyson, hands down get the Dyson.

Husky Collector
arooroomom

Female Join date : 2009-12-13

PostSubject: Re: In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions?   In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions? EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 6:56 pm

UndarthAngipoo wrote:
arooroomom wrote:

=O!!!!

How did you manage that?

My dad does a lot of resale, he found it at one of the flea markets he frequents. Probably fell of the back of a truck but who cares!? There are a ton of deals out there, just gotta look! $250 for that one on Woot is awesome.

Are you a Husky owner in South Florida?! Join our facebook meetup group!
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

PostSubject: Re: In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions?   In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions? EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 7:02 pm

arooroomom wrote:

My dad does a lot of resale, he found it at one of the flea markets he frequents. Probably fell of the back of a truck but who cares!? There are a ton of deals out there, just gotta look! $250 for that one on Woot is awesome.

I'm definitely going to keep looking - I didn't even think of checking the flea markets... Maybe I might even make a trip down to Buffalo if there ends up being a sale on Black Friday... Now just to convince Tim...
Back to top Go down
Here4thePics
Comedic Relief

Male Join date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions?   In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions? EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 11:23 pm

UndarthAngipoo wrote:
arooroomom wrote:

I'm definitely going to keep looking - I didn't even think of checking the flea markets... Maybe I might even make a trip down to Buffalo if there ends up being a sale on Black Friday... Now just to convince Tim...

Before taking time time to cross the border check this site for Black Friday deals, then arrive early.

http://www.gottadeal.com/

My bargain search --->>>Best Buy is supposedly going to offer a 40" Toshiba telly for less then $200, if I can grap it online then pick up at the store I'll get one for the other family room.
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

PostSubject: Re: In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions?   In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions? EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 12:38 am

Here4thePics wrote:
UndarthAngipoo wrote:
arooroomom wrote:

Before taking time time to cross the border check this site for Black Friday deals, then arrive early.

http://www.gottadeal.com/

My bargain search --->>>Best Buy is supposedly going to offer a 40" Toshiba telly for less then $200, if I can grap it online then pick up at the store I'll get one for the other family room.

...And one for mine...? lol! afro
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions?   In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions? EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 12:53 am

I have a little easy vac Bissel from Walmart that my mom bought for me before I left for college. It is small and I have to empty it out a lot but I love it. It is perfect for my two bedroom apartment and gets all the doggie hair and pieces of pine cones that Anna shreds on my carpet that she brings in from outside Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions?   In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions? Empty

Back to top Go down

In the market for a new vacuum any suggestions?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: The Reference Section :: Product Reviews/Recommendations-