It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Had to rehome Niko and Mia :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NikoandKendra
Newborn
Newborn
NikoandKendra

Male Join date : 2012-10-09

Had to rehome Niko and Mia :( Empty
PostSubject: Had to rehome Niko and Mia :(   Had to rehome Niko and Mia :( EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:10 pm

I know some of you are going to think that I'm a horrible pet owner, but I recently had to move to New York and Now to Seattle in less than a month, and my sister took both of my huskies for me, so they are in a good home, I hope that none of you judge me for this decision, once I get settled in to Oak harbor in washington I will be looking for another huskie, preferabbly a puppy, if anyone knows of any breeders near seattle that have amazinf litters, i cant take Mia and Niko from my sister and my niece they are so much in love there.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Had to rehome Niko and Mia :(   Had to rehome Niko and Mia :( EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:15 pm

Why did you have to move? Not going to judge you but if this happens often its probably not a good idea to get another puppy if you only have to end up re-homing it again because you have to move again ^ I know it was probably a hard decision though, I'm sorry you had to do it, hopefully this move is more permanent so you can get another pup. Best of luck xx
Back to top Go down
NikoandKendra
Newborn
Newborn
NikoandKendra

PostSubject: Re: Had to rehome Niko and Mia :(   Had to rehome Niko and Mia :( EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:17 pm

I had to move to New York for 2 weeks for work, and Now I am permanent in Washington, I just didnt want to put them through so much, they already loved my niece to death so i gave them to her and my sister for xmas (not that bad she feed them all organic and very good mommy) so i know they are in the best place, I dont want to get another one until after new years, but still looking for a breeder up here, just want to get the house unpacked and get all settled in
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Had to rehome Niko and Mia :(   Had to rehome Niko and Mia :( EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:23 pm

Ah gotcha, glad you're permanent now Very Happy Hopefully someone will chime in with some good breeders, but I'm amazed you still want another puppy XD After having Yuki I'm like, I will only rescue adults for the rest of my life! XD
Back to top Go down
NikoandKendra
Newborn
Newborn
NikoandKendra

PostSubject: Re: Had to rehome Niko and Mia :(   Had to rehome Niko and Mia :( EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:26 pm

LOL, Niko wasnt so bad, he was just a shrieker and howled all the time, and Mia was rescued from a female, so she fell in love with my sister and preferred women, but my bf and I want a puppy again once we are settled in, he wants the Pomsky thing, and wont back down, its hard to tell him no, but he needs to realize the health issues associated with cross breeding
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

PostSubject: Re: Had to rehome Niko and Mia :(   Had to rehome Niko and Mia :( EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 10:28 pm

Please not a pomsky!! Lol I hate the idea of giving profit to anyone who tries to make a cheap buck like that. Maybe you should surprise him with a husky XD and then say oh well the husky would be too rough on the pomsky guess we can't get one Razz
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Had to rehome Niko and Mia :(   Had to rehome Niko and Mia :( EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 11:36 pm

Welcome to the island of nothingness and boringness. You will go crazy, just accept it. As for breeders, how far are you willing to drive and how much are you looking to pay? I drove seven hours for Karli and it was worth it.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Had to rehome Niko and Mia :(   Had to rehome Niko and Mia :( EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 11:56 pm

Welcome to Washington. How far is Oak Harbor from Seattle? I know where it is, not sure how long a drive? I'm from the eastside.
I'm getting my puppy in 2.5 weeks, the bredder is 6 hours from Seattle though, over the pass. Way longer if you go down through Portland. You might look closer? I really like my breeder though, let me know if you're interested in going down that far before I type a novel about my experience with them so far. lol

It's always upsetting to hear about dogs getting rehomed, but I'm glad they're with family. My last dog Haley used to belong to my aunt before she moved to LA and couldn't keep her. Haley was so mad at first! But she ended up living with us for years until she passed recently, and was the happiest pup ever. Are you going to be here for good now?

Pomskies, ugh. lol
Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Had to rehome Niko and Mia :(   Had to rehome Niko and Mia :( EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 12:01 am

Check the siberian husky club of america's website. They have a list of breeders on there. You can e-mail one near you and if they don't have puppies at the time they can refer you to a breeder who does.

Also if he likes pomskies (which I am totally against too. just shouldn't be mixed IMO) look into alaskan klee kais. Be careful when looking for a breeder like you would looking for a husky breeder. The breed is not recognized by AKC yet, but they are by UKC. I would look for a breeder who shows and health tests their dogs. It will be harder to find a AKK breeder, because there aren't that many, there will probably be a longer waiting period for a puppy, and from what I've seen they are about double the price of a siberian. But keep in mind, they really don't act anything like a siberian. They act more like a little dog than a sibe.

Had to rehome Niko and Mia :( Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

PostSubject: Re: Had to rehome Niko and Mia :(   Had to rehome Niko and Mia :( EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 12:09 am

Quote :
How far is Oak Harbor from Seattle? I know where it is, not sure how long a drive? I'm from the eastside
Oak Harbor is two hours from Seattle without traffic. So not too bad of a drive. We are further north than Seattle.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Had to rehome Niko and Mia :(   Had to rehome Niko and Mia :( EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 12:28 am

We have a few AKK breeders up here in WA that show, nice people.

2 hours is not bad, maybe we will have to have a husky meet one day Smile Parvo is all over the place right now north of Seattle, I don't know if you've heard or if it's hit Oak Harbor. 2 dogs at my Seattle vet are in the hospital with it right now. Be extra careful! Smile
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

PostSubject: Re: Had to rehome Niko and Mia :(   Had to rehome Niko and Mia :( EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 12:40 am

O yea I heard! That's why I didn't go to the show in Monroe. Apparently it started at the Pulluyup Pet Expo or something. Very scary!

Once all the shots are good on our pups, I do think we should do a husky meet!!
Back to top Go down
NikoandKendra
Newborn
Newborn
NikoandKendra

PostSubject: Re: Had to rehome Niko and Mia :(   Had to rehome Niko and Mia :( EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:04 am

I was stationed in Oak Harbor a couple years ago when i was int he navy, now im out and i just loved it so i got a job opportunity and decided to go, youll have to inbox me the breeder info and stuff so i can start making phone calls in a few weeks, were looking mainly for a red one, but when it comes to love it doesnt really matter, have 2 puppies now, how bad is the parvo thing going around, ours have had all their shots
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Had to rehome Niko and Mia :(   Had to rehome Niko and Mia :( EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:10 am

It is really scary, my puppy is coming home in 2.5 weeks and I'm so paranoid..
But yeah, a husky meet would be really great! Maybe in spring we can do it. Once we're all vaccinated and this crazy Parvo outbreak has been contained.. We should definitely try to get a big group like the ones I see on the forum..I'm jealous of those, they look so fun Smile And there are so many huskies out here.

I will do that, they have this AMAZING red/copper boy from my girls litter too. If only I could get 2 puppies lol. It's pretty bad. When you go to the vet, just make sure the room they are going to do shots/checkup hasn't seen any Parvo dogs and if you have poop eaters keep them muzzled outside and keep a close eye on them too. I can't tell you exactly how bad it is though. But its enough to scare me!
Back to top Go down
NikoandKendra
Newborn
Newborn
NikoandKendra

PostSubject: Re: Had to rehome Niko and Mia :(   Had to rehome Niko and Mia :( EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:14 am

Thank you, and if you can get ahold of a price that would be amazing too, i read about some lady in spokane who is 3500 per pup, but they have a lifetime health guranteee, and if the animal passes for any reaason you get a new puppy for free, and they will pay for any vet visits relating to the death, im so excited to come back, i think im the only person in the world who loves whidbey island enough to leave for 2 years and move back unexpectedly without being military
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Had to rehome Niko and Mia :(   Had to rehome Niko and Mia :( EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:19 am

I'd actually move to Whidbey Razz

I was up there several years ago for some training and fell in love, but then wound up going E-6's (TACAMO) out of flight school so no Prowlers or P-3's for me.

Good luck with the puppy search, I do know there's a breeder down in Oregon that's pretty well regarded, I just can't remember the name off the top of my head right now. I'll let you know if I remember it.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Had to rehome Niko and Mia :( 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
NikoandKendra
Newborn
Newborn
NikoandKendra

PostSubject: Re: Had to rehome Niko and Mia :(   Had to rehome Niko and Mia :( EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:23 am

I was at NOPF (womens prison) lol, and then got out for family emergency, but it was amazing, my bf was actually the one who said take the job, he had never been out of detroit, we leave monday morning for the 3 day drive though, defintely send the info if you remember it, we really miss niko, i had not been on until today because his pics make me breakdown, but hes better off at my sisters, they have a bigger yard out in the country then we will on the island
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Had to rehome Niko and Mia :(   Had to rehome Niko and Mia :( EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:36 am

NY to Oak Harbor in 3 days? That's pretty ambitious. I did Bremerton to Chicago with my sister when her husband was deployed, and that was a solid 2.5 days.

We're moving in 2 weeks from the FL panhandle to Maryland, and I won't lie I'm just ready for this to be over. This is my 8th move in 8.5 years, and I'm pretty much over the whole moving thing. Good luck with the move, and drive safe!

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

Had to rehome Niko and Mia :( 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
NikoandKendra
Newborn
Newborn
NikoandKendra

PostSubject: Re: Had to rehome Niko and Mia :(   Had to rehome Niko and Mia :( EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 3:19 am

I did OH to Detroit in less than 2, driving is nothing, i became a truck driver after i was discharged
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Had to rehome Niko and Mia :(   Had to rehome Niko and Mia :( EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 11:56 am

I would move to Oak Harbor in a heartbeat, we are actually considering it as a matter of fact. We used to live in Mukilteo, WA and I've been dying to move back since we left in 2008.

Good luck with the puppy search. There are some good breeders in WA. I don't know about AKK breeders in WA but I know there are some good ones in CA which isn't too far.

Teenager
Teenager
calliegirl08

Female Join date : 2012-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Had to rehome Niko and Mia :(   Had to rehome Niko and Mia :( EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 1:48 pm

Yep, I know a lot of the AKK breeders are out that way. They also have a breeder directory somewhere. Here it is.

Best of luck with everything! I can't be much help on Husky breeders as I've only looked East Coast. I try to avoid shipping if possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Had to rehome Niko and Mia :(   Had to rehome Niko and Mia :( Empty

Back to top Go down

Had to rehome Niko and Mia :(

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: General Discussions-