It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :(

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :( Empty
PostSubject: Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :(   Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :( EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 4:19 pm

So i left the house yesterday with sierra having issues with her front right leg after our walk but i had to leave for work and hoped she would be fine when i got home, she was not, i could hear her crying behind the door. she had this issue back when we did her check up but could not trigger the movement that made her yelp so we could not do a thing and it went away. i was able to FB my vet last night and get video of her yelping/crying and i took her in first thing this morning. they did xrays that showed nothing so we tried acupuncture on her since i did not want to do meds with her liver issue and we have the recheck a month away. i do have some tramadol and rimadyl in case she is not better. we could not get her to make a sound in the vet room and she was making me look crazy other then the fact the vet had seen the video and knew i was not crazy! when the vet started to do the needles she hit a point on the front of the leg that sent sierra screaming and she called that point or nerve something and i have been googling it with no luck but it runs from the paw up the leg to the ear. when we left the room with the vet she screamed and the vet was like what is going on, so i walked her back and forth some more and only got to to make a sound one more time, then she screamed some more leaving and did not want to jump in the car Sad so that was a ton of money spent on no real pin on what is up.... so i think hiking for sierra is out for sat and i might just take jack. i hope she is feeling better when i get home today and i dont have to use the meds. im freaking tired from not sleeping all night and i wish i could have just stayed home to keep an eye on her Sad i did get 2 pics of the needles in her leg to show you all.
Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :( Pb290910

Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :( Pb290911

all i know is thank god for credit cards and i hope this is the last thing to happen in this shitty week! i will let you all know how she is doing.

Adult
Adult
SaberK

Female Join date : 2012-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :(   Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :( EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 4:27 pm

Poor Sierra! I hope she feels better soon! It sucks when you can't get a definitive diagnosis to pinpoint the problem.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :(   Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :( EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 4:29 pm

So sorry all this is happening at once and I hope Sierra starts feeling better, poor girl. When it rains it pours, huh? Feels like that over here too.

Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :(   Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :( EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 4:31 pm

Poor Sisi! I hope she feels better. Sucks so bad they can't talk to us.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :(   Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :( EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 7:19 pm

I know how you feel! Still don't have a diagnosis on Kale's leg either Sad Keeping her and your fam in my thoughts! I love you

Just looked at the video on Youtube, and it looks like she is holding her head down low. Or was it the angle of the video? Did the Dr check the range of motion in her neck? Sometimes with neck injuries there can be radiating pain.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :(   Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :( EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 5:00 am

Oh no! I hope she gets better! Can you get pet insurance to cover any other issues that come up? I'm about to claim on our - Chili's been racking up the bills in the past week, about to post an update on his liver issues. How are her liver issues doing - any update yet? Feel better, Sierra!
Back to top Go down
Tika
The Long-Winded Canadian
Tika

Male Join date : 2011-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :(   Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :( EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 10:36 am

Sad

I hope she is feeling better this morning Jenn... Get well soon Sierra!

~Chris~

Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :(   Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :( EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 1:46 pm

It really sucks when they can't figure out what is causing the pain. Too bad they can't talk, and tell us what's going on. I hope she gets better!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :(   Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :( EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 4:13 pm

hypers987 wrote:
Just looked at the video on Youtube, and it looks like she is holding her head down low. Or was it the angle of the video? Did the Dr check the range of motion in her neck? Sometimes with neck injuries there can be radiating pain.
Brooke, her head is down but im sure its cause she is in pain, the vet did check her head and pulled it all the way back and up, side to side and she was fine. i think its a muscle thing not a bone thing since she walks ok and is not hopping at all.
i gave her 2 pills last night at 7pm she woke up crying at 1:30am, gave 2 more pills, woke up screaming at 5:30am and i gave 2 more pills before i left at 9am. she is having issues with steps and not wanting to go off the deck to do her biz. she did her husky bow stretch this morning and no sound, i think is a side to side motion on the leg setting off the pain as front to back seems fine. she just crys when getting up or if jack bumps into her. i took her on a short slow walk this morning and she was ok, again the crys just come and go at odd times and with different movements. the vet wants to do xrays on the wrist, but i dont think thats the issue, she said we could do a MRI but god know what that cost and what if anything it would show. or we just give it time to heal.
no insurance for her and at 9.5yrs old not sure we could get it.... i did not want to do meds with the liver issue and was hoping the acupuncture worked but with her crying i had to give it to her. she gets her liver retested Dec. 26. we have added SAM-e and milk thistle to her diet for that. just hope she heals up fast, her eyes are so sad looking it breaks my heart looking at her Sad

Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :(   Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :( EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 4:49 pm

Try the boswellia I have been using for Delilah. It worked just as well for pain as Deramaxx.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :(   Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :( EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 5:29 pm

Sad Poor Sierra! I hope she heals up quick! It would break my heart too Sad Praying for her...
Back to top Go down
drzcoyotex3
Teenager
Teenager
drzcoyotex3

Male Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :(   Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :( EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 6:37 pm

I hope sierra gets better asap :/
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :(   Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :( EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:44 pm

I am so sorry you are going through this! Especially at a time during the holidays where you're supposed to be all happy and merry.

I do have a suggestion for the cost.

Try PetAssure. (CHECK to make sure your vet accepts this first). They give you 25% off the total bill. It's ~$9 a month.

http://www.petassure.com/

FAQ: What are the exclusions?

There are none! With Pet Assure, you can enroll any pet – any breed, any age, and in any health condition. You can even enroll pets with pre-existing and hereditary conditions, such as cancer, diabetes, hip dysplasia, kennel cough, patellar luxation, etc.

My vet doesn't accept it, but there are some around me that do.

Once again I'm sorry and I hope you can pinpoint something soon! Sad
Back to top Go down
26nikita
Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :(   Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :( EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 1:07 am

Poor Sierra. I hope she heals quickly!
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :(   Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :( EmptySat Dec 01, 2012 1:26 am

Bodhi says, "Get well, Sierra."
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Adult
Adult
Ghost

Female Join date : 2011-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :(   Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :( EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 3:04 pm

Poor Sierra! I hope she gets well soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.companionanimalpsychology.blogspot.com
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :(   Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :( EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 9:31 pm

I think all ur well wishes has paid off, sierra is back to her normal self Smile no yelps for the last 2 days. Sad I left her home for our hike but it was for the best.

Nutrition Subject Moderator
cmanding

Female Join date : 2010-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :(   Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :( EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 10:27 pm

jbealer wrote:
I think all ur well wishes has paid off, sierra is back to her normal self Smile no yelps for the last 2 days. Sad I left her home for our hike but it was for the best.
I wonder if she just kinda pulled something and just a needed a few days to rest?
Glad to hear she's all better!
...now if we can just get some snow!!!

Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :(   Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :( EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 4:22 am

So glad to hear this! Yay, Sierra! Smile
Back to top Go down
eluke81
Puppy
Puppy
eluke81

Female Join date : 2012-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :(   Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :( EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 1:18 am

Did they vet check her ACL?? anterior crucial ligament?? that hurts with a side to side motion - they do heal on their own - eventually - my girl had them 2x. once we did surgery - and the 2nd leg we didnt. I liked the way the second one healed compared to the first. Plus no metal in her body again - which I think may have caused her bone cancer that I eventually lost her to:(.

Keep us posted - best of luck.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :(   Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :( EmptyThu Dec 27, 2012 1:45 pm

She did check all that. Sierra had been doing fine till tue. I think the bouncing in the deep snow on our snowshoe hike bugged it again, the crys have not been bad and are not all the time so I'm keeping an eye on it, may need retreatment.

PostSubject: Re: Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :(   Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :( Empty

Back to top Go down

Sierra went back to the vet with a leg issue :(

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1