It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next
AuthorMessage
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 2:53 am

I have to laugh at the perception of 'show dog'. I just call it a quality bred dog, which is something to be proud about IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 3:03 am

haha, noted. I just meant as in he comes from two show dogs, so therefore he is one too.......as it were. Quality was a specific intention, show dogness was not Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 3:29 am

Two show dogs don't always make a show dog though, that is for sure. The fact that the dogs were bred with an intention beyond making a buck or just because they could and with the health behind them is a huge plus in my book.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 3:42 am

I've seen quite a few puppies from really great lines, with CH on dam and sire, and the puppies were no where near show quality..
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 3:46 am

Off topic..Did I miss something? You have little Scarlett in your signature and under "owned by".. Or is that just for the time being. Great group photo though!
Back to top Go down
Mishka'sMom
Teenager
Teenager
Mishka'sMom

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 9:39 am

HuskyMom09 wrote:
Mishka'sMom wrote:
I really dont want to be a pest--but did you ever get a chance to take a look at Mishka's pics? She is now starting a growth spurt and all legs and ears! Ha ha

Bring on the puppy uglies! Kenna is doing the same right now, and I am thrilled bring on the growth spurt! Now if I can get Enya to do the same Wink

I think Mishka has some nice attributes for sure, she's got a nice topline. She appears to be lacking in croup, she is a bit straight in the front but that can change as she develops. I like her head, here eyes are a bit too round. Nice length of leg. She'll be nice I think for sure-

Thanks, she is turning out well. She is a bit straight in the chest right now...not too bad, tho. I used to think that about her eyes, too, but then I looked at some of her closely related dogs from her lines, and most have the same eyes. I think since they slant up from the corners then back down, it gives a bit of a more round look.....everyone has different opinion here on this. Our friend/handler who has been involved/showing sibes for over 30 years, didnt think she saw round eyes. She liked her overall. Well, we have high hopes, but in the long run, we have a great dog and we certainly enjoy her a great deal~~even if she is a little diva! Wink She really wowed 'em at her first handling class last night! Trainer is a former AKC judge and he loved her. Said she had great movement. It's nice to hear...cannot help but be proud of our baby! Cannot wait for next month~first puppy class match! Thanks for your opinion!!!
Back to top Go down
Mishka'sMom
Teenager
Teenager
Mishka'sMom

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 10:04 am

ok, that might have came off as being shameful bragging from a snob!! I apologize...not at all. I just am proud of her (we all are, right? proud to be owned by a husky??) and think for our first show prospect, we got a good one. For a pet, a GREAT one! Smile)))
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:27 pm

Mishka'sMom wrote:
HuskyMom09 wrote:
Mishka'sMom wrote:
I really dont want to be a pest--but did you ever get a chance to take a look at Mishka's pics? She is now starting a growth spurt and all legs and ears! Ha ha

Bring on the puppy uglies! Kenna is doing the same right now, and I am thrilled bring on the growth spurt! Now if I can get Enya to do the same Wink

I think Mishka has some nice attributes for sure, she's got a nice topline. She appears to be lacking in croup, she is a bit straight in the front but that can change as she develops. I like her head, here eyes are a bit too round. Nice length of leg. She'll be nice I think for sure-

Thanks, she is turning out well. She is a bit straight in the chest right now...not too bad, tho. I used to think that about her eyes, too, but then I looked at some of her closely related dogs from her lines, and most have the same eyes. I think since they slant up from the corners then back down, it gives a bit of a more round look.....everyone has different opinion here on this. Our friend/handler who has been involved/showing sibes for over 30 years, didnt think she saw round eyes. She liked her overall. Well, we have high hopes, but in the long run, we have a great dog and we certainly enjoy her a great deal~~even if she is a little diva! Wink She really wowed 'em at her first handling class last night! Trainer is a former AKC judge and he loved her. Said she had great movement. It's nice to hear...cannot help but be proud of our baby! Cannot wait for next month~first puppy class match! Thanks for your opinion!!!

What kennel is Mishka from?
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:28 pm

Dot wrote:
Off topic..Did I miss something? You have little Scarlett in your signature and under "owned by".. Or is that just for the time being. Great group photo though!
She's our foster for a while, as of right now it's only a month but her new owner is pregnant and due really soon so we'll have to see lol
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:40 pm

Please feel free to brag. We all deserve it sometimes....Wink

On terms of show quality vs. pet quality... My dog doesn't have a non ch. dog in his lineage for more than 5 generations...but he is not what I think is show quality because he has something off with his gait. His stack is nice, his face is nice...he looks just like his dad...but his gait is off. However, he is still very nice.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:43 pm

Oops I lied, this are 3 or 4 without ch...all bitches. Which is not unheard of...because males often are more popular in the show ring,

http://pawvillage.com/pedigree/pedigree.asp?ID=YWOUO8HH55
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:44 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
Dot wrote:
She's our foster for a while, as of right now it's only a month but her new owner is pregnant and due really soon so we'll have to see lol
Ahh, I see. I saw that the lady was taking her time getting back to you, so I thought you just acquired her lol. Can't imagine a new baby and a puppy.. At least the pup is getting a head start with you.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:46 pm

Dot wrote:
Jennet&Embry wrote:
Dot wrote:
Ahh, I see. I saw that the lady was taking her time getting back to you, so I thought you just acquired her lol. Can't imagine a new baby and a puppy.. At least the pup is getting a head start with you.

-whispers- she's gonna be a total foster failure...

Lol but I think you should keep her Wink
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:46 pm

Dot wrote:
Jennet&Embry wrote:
Dot wrote:
Yeah she FINALLY got back to me yesterday and was like....I need you to keep her for a month at least. Luckily she's already doing really well with potty training and crate training otherwise it would have been a giant no lol
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:47 pm

Mobezilla wrote:
Dot wrote:
Jennet&Embry wrote:
Dot wrote:

-whispers- she's gonna be a total foster failure...

Lol but I think you should keep her Wink

LOL I already asked my boyfriend and he said no Sad
Back to top Go down
Mishka'sMom
Teenager
Teenager
Mishka'sMom

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:58 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
Mishka'sMom wrote:
HuskyMom09 wrote:
Mishka'sMom wrote:

I am not keen on name dropping without knowing why you wish to know--and then only in a PM. Hope you are not put off by that! Wink
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:59 pm

Jennet&Embry wrote:
Dot wrote:
Jennet&Embry wrote:
Dot wrote:
Yeah she FINALLY got back to me yesterday and was like....I need you to keep her for a month at least. Luckily she's already doing really well with potty training and crate training otherwise it would have been a giant no lol
Wow..I hope that lady knows how lucky she is lol. But hey, if she's doing well with potty and crate training and you get to give her back before the teen years, sounds like a good deal if you needed a puppy fix.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 2:05 pm

Mishka's mom...W like to know so that we can look at pedigree. It's not something you should've ver worry about...I drop names about good breeders a lot because people often don't know where to look. Mishka is nice quality, I'm sure your breeder would not be upset about you being proud Smile
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 2:12 pm

Cool, thanks for clarifying Megan. All noted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 2:14 pm

Mishka'sMom wrote:
Jennet&Embry wrote:
Mishka'sMom wrote:
HuskyMom09 wrote:
Mishka'sMom wrote:

I am not keen on name dropping without knowing why you wish to know--and then only in a PM. Hope you are not put off by that! Wink

Like Megan said, I was just curious of the kennel and her pedigree if you'd rather post that. You can upload it on www.pawvillage.com or send me a PM Smile
Back to top Go down
Mishka'sMom
Teenager
Teenager
Mishka'sMom

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 2:25 pm

Ok. I see. I can PM her parents. I have her pedigree on paper but you can look up her parents.

Last edited by Mishka'sMom on Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 2:43 pm

Ah, the kayenta dog was the sire to the highlander litter. I know highlander very well.
Back to top Go down
Mishka'sMom
Teenager
Teenager
Mishka'sMom

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 2:48 pm

Ok, I hope I am not mis-speaking. I am pretty sure that is correct, but I have to double check. She has an excellent pedigree. Her grandfather is a Highlander dog for sure. This was a very good litter she came from~feel pretty darn lucky to have her.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 3:45 pm

Yuki isn't show quality, anyone knows that lol. Shes approaching 8 months (next week) and gets spayed this monday, but I am just curious to see where she stands Smile I think shes definitely closer to standard than her siblings, most her siblings seem bulky? If thats the right word to describe it, and shes the only one who doesn't have a snap tail or a tail thats lean far to one side. I wonder why she turned out so different from them xD

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 Yuki755_zpsbd3e61f7
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 Yuki756_zps8c82423d
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 Yuki757_zps3721a32f
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 Yuki758_zps3427424e
Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 Yuki759_zps1bc92528
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:21 pm

Eyes too round, oversized ears, nice topline, decent croup (which is probably part of the reason she has a more appropriate tail than her siblings), no chest at all, too straight in the sifles, and slightly cow hocked, nice length of leg, and a nice moderate coat. I'd be curious how she moves out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)    Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)  - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Conformation - A Realistic Look at Sibes and their faults :)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 27Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 27  Next