It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

How much you pay for daycare where you live?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kizmat
Teenager
Teenager
Kizmat

Female Join date : 2012-07-26

How much you pay for daycare where you live? Empty
PostSubject: How much you pay for daycare where you live?   How much you pay for daycare where you live? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 1:06 am

My girlfriend and I love our daycare, they told me today the price will go up next month. Right now we are paying $26.50 per visit from 6:30am-6:30pm. Every time Luna goes there and comes back she's so tired from playing with all the other dogs. Luna waste more energy at daycare than any of us can take out of her. Luna doesn't even jump on people when she comes home, but I don't think we can continue to pay with the price increase.

New year they will charge 35 bucks. My friend told me doggy daycare in Boston are really expansive compared to Rhode Island and I wanted to know I'm not the only struggling with it.

We might just need get another husky or malamute so they can tire each out confused
Back to top Go down
hollywoodhuskies
Senior
Senior
hollywoodhuskies

Female Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: How much you pay for daycare where you live?   How much you pay for daycare where you live? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 1:09 am

Can you buy a pack of visits so it brings the price down? Prices here are around $30/day (with a full wash - yay!) but the price goes down to $22.50/day when you buy a 20 pack (enough for a full month - 5 days/week). Can you send her just a couple days a week? Like Tuesday and Thursday to tire her out?
Back to top Go down
Kizmat
Teenager
Teenager
Kizmat

PostSubject: Re: How much you pay for daycare where you live?   How much you pay for daycare where you live? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 1:16 am

We thought about that, we can buy a pack, but you must use it by the end of each month. Some days my girlfriend doesn't go to work she will stay with Luna. We don't want to day for something we not going to use. That's why we decide on per visit:(
Back to top Go down
Shilonator
Newborn
Newborn
Shilonator

Female Join date : 2012-12-15

PostSubject: Re: How much you pay for daycare where you live?   How much you pay for daycare where you live? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 1:20 am

Here in los angeles its 20 dollars for all day up until they close.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: How much you pay for daycare where you live?   How much you pay for daycare where you live? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 1:22 am

I get a discount (10% off) at our daycare for being a student, and having multiple dogs, so I get $2 off the second dog, and $3 of the third but I pay...

Full Day (7:00am to 5:30pm) - $21.00 per dog
Half Day (up to 5 hours) - $13.00 per dog

I guess ours is really cheap, I usually only do a half day so it runs me $34 a day.

Back to top Go down
SaraB
Rescue Subject Moderator
SaraB

Female Join date : 2010-09-09

PostSubject: Re: How much you pay for daycare where you live?   How much you pay for daycare where you live? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 1:23 am

At the one I work at it's $12-$16 per day depending on the weight of your dog. Overnight is $22-$26 and overnight dogs get a bath before going home. In the summer time, daycare dogs get to go swimming too!

How much you pay for daycare where you live? Woowoosig
Back to top Go down
http://www.thestormbornreef.com/
Kizmat
Teenager
Teenager
Kizmat

PostSubject: Re: How much you pay for daycare where you live?   How much you pay for daycare where you live? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 1:30 am

For a small state Rhode Island is surely expansive Sad
Back to top Go down
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: How much you pay for daycare where you live?   How much you pay for daycare where you live? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 2:06 am

We have Yappy Days Friday and Mondays, and with a military discount, it's 17$ for a full day for my two (together). Other days it'd be $17 each.
Back to top Go down
jalepeno
Senior
Senior
jalepeno

Male Join date : 2010-12-22

PostSubject: Re: How much you pay for daycare where you live?   How much you pay for daycare where you live? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 3:38 am

In Portland, OR, it's $18 for 5 hours, $21 for a full day at a top notch day care.
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Male Join date : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: How much you pay for daycare where you live?   How much you pay for daycare where you live? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 4:58 am

At the top notch Board and Train Facility around here, which has a very big, well staffed daycare, it costs $20 for a Half day (7am-Noon), or $30 for a full day (Till 7pm).

I let my training clients do daycare here for $25 for whatever the day is for them. Its not super common, I don't actively board or even like to train dogs at the kennel-home.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: How much you pay for daycare where you live?   How much you pay for daycare where you live? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:02 pm

Here in Charleston it's $15 for half a day, $20 for a full day. My dogs have never been though since I'm a SAHM.

Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: How much you pay for daycare where you live?   How much you pay for daycare where you live? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:14 pm

I pay $20 a day full and $15 half day.. I don't take my puppies much lately.

Back to top Go down
Kellyb
Canadian Sunrise
Kellyb

Female Join date : 2012-10-29

PostSubject: Re: How much you pay for daycare where you live?   How much you pay for daycare where you live? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:23 pm

I actually looked this up in Montreal out of curiosity, looks like it runs 25-30$ per day for a full day. One of them lists at $15 but is in a sketch part of town and has no photos......don't think I would leave my girls there...lol
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: How much you pay for daycare where you live?   How much you pay for daycare where you live? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:27 pm

Our daycare charges $20 for half day and $35 for full day.
Back to top Go down
kaya2012
Newborn
Newborn
kaya2012

PostSubject: Re: How much you pay for daycare where you live?   How much you pay for daycare where you live? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 12:28 pm

My PetSmart charges about $15 for a half day and $22 for a full day (7.30am to 9pm)
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Male Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: How much you pay for daycare where you live?   How much you pay for daycare where you live? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 2:42 pm

Kizmat wrote:
My girlfriend and I love our daycare, they told me today the price will go up next month. Right now we are paying $26.50 per visit from 6:30am-6:30pm. Every time Luna goes there and comes back she's so tired from playing with all the other dogs. Luna waste more energy at daycare than any of us can take out of her. Luna doesn't even jump on people when she comes home, but I don't think we can continue to pay with the price increase.

New year they will charge 35 bucks. My friend told me doggy daycare in Boston are really expansive compared to Rhode Island and I wanted to know I'm not the only struggling with it.

We might just need get another husky or malamute so they can tire each out confused

I used to live in Providence ;-) I miss it there!

Anyway, there are a couple daycare options out here in the Chicago burbs. One is open from 6am until 8pm M-Th and 6am until 10pm Fri/Sat. They charge $5.00 per hour, or it is $15.00 up to 6 hours, and $20.00 from 6-8 hours, and $25.00 up to 10 hours.

There is one that closer to me that charges $15.00 from 1-4 hours, and $20 for 4+ hours, but they are only open from 8:30am-6pm.

Both of them offer a 10% discount if you pay for a whole week, so for me to have both of my dogs at daycare would be $150-200 per week!
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Male Join date : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: How much you pay for daycare where you live?   How much you pay for daycare where you live? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 2:46 pm

Kellyb wrote:
One of them lists at $15 but is in a sketch part of town and has no photos......don't think I would leave my girls there...lol

What do you mean? That sounds SUPER legitimate, AND at such a bargain... lol.
Back to top Go down
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

Female Join date : 2012-06-18

PostSubject: Re: How much you pay for daycare where you live?   How much you pay for daycare where you live? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 6:36 pm

The place we go to for training offers daycare for $20 a day, drop off at 7AM and pick up by 6PM. They are awesome and let them play outside all day but it's a small home run place. The more commercial daycare charges about $35 and I'm not sure the hours there.
Back to top Go down
anastasiya'smom
Adult
Adult
anastasiya'smom

Female Join date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: How much you pay for daycare where you live?   How much you pay for daycare where you live? EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 10:14 pm

So I looked it up as well. Closer to the city of Columbia it's $22-25 a day. A little further out it is $12-15 a day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much you pay for daycare where you live?   How much you pay for daycare where you live? Empty

Back to top Go down

How much you pay for daycare where you live?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: Advice and Discussion Forums :: General Discussions-