It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Diamond® Hi-Energy Sporting Dog Formula vs Diamond® Naturals™ Chicken & Rice Formula

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Todd U
Newborn
Newborn
Todd U

Male Join date : 2012-12-29

Diamond® Hi-Energy Sporting Dog Formula vs Diamond® Naturals™ Chicken & Rice Formula Empty
PostSubject: Diamond® Hi-Energy Sporting Dog Formula vs Diamond® Naturals™ Chicken & Rice Formula   Diamond® Hi-Energy Sporting Dog Formula vs Diamond® Naturals™ Chicken & Rice Formula EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 12:10 pm

hello just wounding if any can help don't no witch one would be better for my dog Diamond®️ Hi-Energy Sporting Dog Formula vs Diamond®️ Naturals™️ Chicken & Rice Formula for working dogs Question confused
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

Diamond® Hi-Energy Sporting Dog Formula vs Diamond® Naturals™ Chicken & Rice Formula Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diamond® Hi-Energy Sporting Dog Formula vs Diamond® Naturals™ Chicken & Rice Formula   Diamond® Hi-Energy Sporting Dog Formula vs Diamond® Naturals™ Chicken & Rice Formula EmptyMon Jan 07, 2013 1:30 pm

I know one of my musher friends does feed her dog Diamond High Performance dog food and she's happy and her dogs are extreme athletes...not my food preference but hey to each his own right!? The thing you should evaluate is are you working your dog? Just because they are 'working dogs' doesn't necessarily mean they require a working dog diet.

I personally feed my whole kennel Taste of the Wild High Prairie Formula and can say everyone, working and non, does very well on the food. My likes on this food are the high protein, no grains, and it's an easy maintenance food.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
TooManyHuskies
...is a fool

PostSubject: Re: Diamond® Hi-Energy Sporting Dog Formula vs Diamond® Naturals™ Chicken & Rice Formula   Diamond® Hi-Energy Sporting Dog Formula vs Diamond® Naturals™ Chicken & Rice Formula EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 11:14 am

The best food in that category is The Pride Pro Series 26/20. Simple, high quality food. It is priced at $27/50lbs. No corn gluten, low fiber and very low ash.

Can't beat it.

I would pick Diamond HE over Naturals.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Diamond® Hi-Energy Sporting Dog Formula vs Diamond® Naturals™ Chicken & Rice Formula   Diamond® Hi-Energy Sporting Dog Formula vs Diamond® Naturals™ Chicken & Rice Formula EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 10:10 am

Between the two, I would definitely pick the Diamond Naturals Chicken and Rice formula.

Chicken/Rice formula ingredients:
Chicken, chicken meal, whole grain brown rice, white rice, cracked pearled barley, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), oatmeal, dried plain beet pulp, egg product, flaxseed, natural chicken flavor, fish meal, salt, potassium chloride, choline chloride, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

Hi-Energy formula ingredients:
Chicken by-product meal, ground corn, wheat flour, rice bran, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), corn gluten meal, dried plain beet pulp, millet, fish meal, natural chicken flavor, meat meal, salt, potassium chloride, choline chloride, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B2 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

The Chicken/Rice formula has more good meat, Chicken and Chicken meal as the first 2 ingredients, rather than Chicken by-product meal as the first ingredient in the Hi-Energy. Both contain fish meal which is so little in quantity that it is hardly worth mentioning however what bothers me more is that they don't name what fish they are using. Not to mention the Hi-Energy formula also contains the mysterious "meat meal" as well...I don't know about others but I prefer not to feed my dogs mystery meat.

Both products contain grain however I would much rather feed rice (assuming it agrees with your dog) which is in the Chicken/rice formula than corn which is in the Hi-Energy formula.

I wouldn't touch the Hi-Energy formula with a ten foot pole, but that's just me.

...is a fool

PostSubject: Re: Diamond® Hi-Energy Sporting Dog Formula vs Diamond® Naturals™ Chicken & Rice Formula   Diamond® Hi-Energy Sporting Dog Formula vs Diamond® Naturals™ Chicken & Rice Formula EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 10:27 pm

Huskyluv wrote:
Between the two, I would definitely pick the Diamond Naturals Chicken and Rice formula.

Chicken/Rice formula ingredients:
Chicken, chicken meal, whole grain brown rice, white rice, cracked pearled barley, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), oatmeal, dried plain beet pulp, egg product, flaxseed, natural chicken flavor, fish meal, salt, potassium chloride, choline chloride, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

Hi-Energy formula ingredients:
Chicken by-product meal, ground corn, wheat flour, rice bran, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), corn gluten meal, dried plain beet pulp, millet, fish meal, natural chicken flavor, meat meal, salt, potassium chloride, choline chloride, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B2 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.

The Chicken/Rice formula has more good meat, Chicken and Chicken meal as the first 2 ingredients, rather than Chicken by-product meal as the first ingredient in the Hi-Energy. Both contain fish meal which is so little in quantity that it is hardly worth mentioning however what bothers me more is that they don't name what fish they are using. Not to mention the Hi-Energy formula also contains the mysterious "meat meal" as well...I don't know about others but I prefer not to feed my dogs mystery meat.

Both products contain grain however I would much rather feed rice (assuming it agrees with your dog) which is in the Chicken/rice formula than corn which is in the Hi-Energy formula.

I wouldn't touch the Hi-Energy formula with a ten foot pole, but that's just me.

"Meat" is completely useless, animal source amino acids are what you want. The grade of CBPM in HE is better than the high ash Chicken Meal in Diamond Naturals. Your dog doesn't need Meat it needs amino acids, your dog will make its own Meat.

If your dog does any serious work it will starve on Diamonds Naturals.

"Meat Meal" is a mix of beef and pork but could have chicken and turkey in it.
Diamond HE is a better food for a very active dog. No question.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Diamond® Hi-Energy Sporting Dog Formula vs Diamond® Naturals™ Chicken & Rice Formula   Diamond® Hi-Energy Sporting Dog Formula vs Diamond® Naturals™ Chicken & Rice Formula EmptyTue Jan 15, 2013 10:48 pm

The majority of the dogs on this forum do not do extensive work.

HuskyMom09 has workign dogs...her entire kennel eats TOTW. No issues maintaining weight and health.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Diamond® Hi-Energy Sporting Dog Formula vs Diamond® Naturals™ Chicken & Rice Formula   Diamond® Hi-Energy Sporting Dog Formula vs Diamond® Naturals™ Chicken & Rice Formula EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 11:00 am

TooManyHuskies wrote:
"Meat" is completely useless, animal source amino acids are what you want.

So where do the "animal source amino acids" you speak of come from? They don't come from animal meat? Pray tell, where do they come from?

TooManyHuskies wrote:
The grade of CBPM in HE is better than the high ash Chicken Meal in Diamond Naturals.

If you prefer to feed chicken by-product meal because it has less ash than chicken meal then that's entirely up to you. I personally would prefer to feed chicken meal with a higher ash content than not know what the CBPM (chicken by-product meal, for those wondering) consists of exactly. I don't care what grade the CBPM is, I won't ever feed any food with it regardless of how low the ash content is.

TooManyHuskies wrote:
Your dog doesn't need Meat it needs amino acids, your dog will make its own Meat.

Not sure that I've heard of a dog making it's own meat. Did you mean protein? And you're right, a dog needs animal based amino acids...which they get from meat.

TooManyHuskies wrote:
If your dog does any serious work it will starve on Diamonds Naturals.

True, Diamond Naturals is not designed for dogs who do serious work but I do not believe the OP's dog fits that description. From what little the OP has posted, I am assuming their dog is a companion and not a working dog in a kennel and therefore does not need a sporting dog mix. And even if the OP's dog did some serious work then I would recommend something far better than Diamond HE. However, all things considered pertaining to the OP's circumstances, I would definitely recommend the Naturals.

TooManyHuskies wrote:
"Meat Meal" is a mix of beef and pork but could have chicken and turkey in it.

We don't know that. It could be from any mammal, not just beef, pork, chicken, or turkey, since they have not specified. Hence why I called it "mystery meat" since we have no idea what meat their "meat meal" is comprised of.

TooManyHuskies wrote:
Diamond HE is a better food for a very active dog. No question.

That is your opinion. My opinion differs drastically but we are each entitled to our own opinions and I am certainly not here to change yours nor try to make anyone think the way I do.

TooManyHuskies, I am not here to argue with you nor do I have the time or desire to. I am simply offering my opinion as are you. I am not telling people what they should or shouldn't feed, just offering why I prefer one over the other.

PostSubject: Re: Diamond® Hi-Energy Sporting Dog Formula vs Diamond® Naturals™ Chicken & Rice Formula   Diamond® Hi-Energy Sporting Dog Formula vs Diamond® Naturals™ Chicken & Rice Formula Empty

Back to top Go down

Diamond® Hi-Energy Sporting Dog Formula vs Diamond® Naturals™ Chicken & Rice Formula

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1