It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Unusual "Toys"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
uelrindru
Puppy
Puppy
uelrindru

Male Join date : 2012-12-05

Unusual "Toys" Empty
PostSubject: Unusual "Toys"   Unusual "Toys" EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 2:12 pm

Bella is the little kid that gets the awesome toy and spends the day playing with the box. Aside from the Nyla bone and squeek balls she pretty much snubs every toy I've ever gotten her. She will however nab any stuffed animals anyone brings near her, unless they were meant for dogs anyway. She also enjoys playing with our broom and has sent a few of them to the garbage.
Wondering if anyone else's huskies choose random things to use as toys?
Back to top Go down
Eresh
Adult
Adult
Eresh

Female Join date : 2012-10-06

Unusual "Toys" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unusual "Toys"   Unusual "Toys" EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 2:27 pm

Nanook loves empty 2 liter bottles. He will gaze longingly at the trash until someone turns their back.. Dishrags are also a big hit. I have to hang them from the upper kitchen cabinets because he will help himself if their are hanging on the oven door.

Last edited by Eresh on Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

Unusual "Toys" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unusual "Toys"   Unusual "Toys" EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 2:36 pm

My kitchen rugs, lol. He has a small bin with probably 20 toys in it with him at all times when he's in the kitchen. But if we leave the house, and I forget to pick up the rugs, they don't make it.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

Unusual "Toys" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unusual "Toys"   Unusual "Toys" EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 3:09 pm

Maya will chew up anything plastic, sicsor handles, plastic measuring spoons (we needed new ones anyway Wink )

Kay and Sophie will chew up anything that's laying out, Kay especially likes to open the bread drawer and eat the honey wheat bread in there.
Back to top Go down
uelrindru
Puppy
Puppy
uelrindru

Unusual "Toys" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unusual "Toys"   Unusual "Toys" EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 3:16 pm

I forgot about the peanut butter jar incident. When I had just gotten her at about 14 weeks she grabbed a jar of peanut butter and was chewing on it. I'll have to see if I can find the photo, it was adorable.
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

Unusual "Toys" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unusual "Toys"   Unusual "Toys" EmptySat Jan 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Anything my hubby has, Karli thinks is her's. No joke, if he wants her to play with something, all he has to do is pretend to put it in his mouth and she wants it. Bottles are a hit, frozen wash rags, she even played with our bathroom mat (it was outside and she pulled it off the fence and ran around with it, it was old anyways lol). If its at Karli's level she wants it. The weirdest though would be socks. She pulls them off feet, but she also randomly likes to grab a sock and chew it so now we have designated socks in the house for Karli!
Back to top Go down
bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Female Join date : 2012-09-21

Unusual "Toys" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unusual "Toys"   Unusual "Toys" EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 1:04 am

I don't even keep dirty socks in the hamper anymore. Lola picks them out. Just socks and seems like she likes Smartwool the best.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

Unusual "Toys" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unusual "Toys"   Unusual "Toys" EmptySun Jan 13, 2013 1:20 am

Banana boxes, she loooves cardboard. Also, I'll lay down a cheap full length mirror if I really need to get some homework turned in and can't take her out. That keeps her pretty entranced for a good while.
Back to top Go down
uelrindru
Puppy
Puppy
uelrindru

Unusual "Toys" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unusual "Toys"   Unusual "Toys" EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 9:41 pm

Found the pic finally, she REALLY likes peanut butter
Unusual "Toys" Photo-10
Back to top Go down
Dragonfly
Puppy
Puppy
Dragonfly

Female Join date : 2013-01-17

Unusual "Toys" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unusual "Toys"   Unusual "Toys" EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 10:27 pm

Cardboard tissue or paper towel rolls are a big hit for my puppies and the cats. They roll AND they're shred able! But for a larger husky they're a bit small to play with for long. But anything made of cardboard is fun to shred!

I graduate them to plastic pepsi or water bottles, for extra fun I cut small holes in them and fill it with dog food so they can roll it around and get the kibbles out.

I also do the 'fishing rod' like people do with cats, my puppies love chasing that around more then our cats do!
Back to top Go down
uelrindru
Puppy
Puppy
uelrindru

Unusual "Toys" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unusual "Toys"   Unusual "Toys" EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 10:32 pm

I love that idea! I may have to clean out a few coke bottles and try that out. It makes noise, a mess and has food, there's no way Bella won't love that.
How do you get your pup to not open the bottle top though? Bella is skilled at opening bottles now.
Back to top Go down
lpp06
Puppy
Puppy
lpp06

Unusual "Toys" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unusual "Toys"   Unusual "Toys" EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:30 am

Sky decided one day while I was gone that the base to my Nintendo Wii was her chew toy.
Back to top Go down
lpp06
Puppy
Puppy
lpp06

Unusual "Toys" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unusual "Toys"   Unusual "Toys" EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:31 am

...Well to her defense, it looks pretty chewable
Back to top Go down
Dragonfly
Puppy
Puppy
Dragonfly

Unusual "Toys" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unusual "Toys"   Unusual "Toys" EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 12:51 am

If it's full of food having an open top just helps it come out a little easier, so if it's a new dog that doesn't know how the toy works I take the top off. I've never had any of mine actually open the top, lol I guess they haven't figured that out. But it already has holes around it so they probably don't feel like they need to.

For dogs that are too good at rolling a round bottle I get a square one (like a barbeque sauce bottle) so that they have to work harder for it.

Sasha is naughty though, she grabs the bottle and shakes it or THROWS it in the air and is pretty good at getting the kibbles scattered EVERYWHERE, but it doesn't do her any good cuz the other dogs clean up for her too fast. XD For her I just get a bottle without holes and put rocks in it because she likes the rattling sound.
Back to top Go down
hypers987
Senior
Senior
hypers987

Female Join date : 2011-08-25

Unusual "Toys" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unusual "Toys"   Unusual "Toys" EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 2:14 am

Anything paper, Kale will swollow. (Which is why he ate the tampon, it was wrapped in paper Unusual "Toys" 1625187496 ) He likes to chew wood as well. That's about it. Kale isn't a huge chewer; he likes his antlers and that's about it lol
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/kalethehusky
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Unusual "Toys" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unusual "Toys"   Unusual "Toys" EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 2:23 am

Maya loves combs
Unusual "Toys" 1zfk8at
Sophie loves to chew on Maya
Unusual "Toys" 54zk3s
Back to top Go down
Dragonfly
Puppy
Puppy
Dragonfly

Unusual "Toys" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unusual "Toys"   Unusual "Toys" EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 2:24 am

LOL Somebody does NOT want to be groomed today.
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

Unusual "Toys" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unusual "Toys"   Unusual "Toys" EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 2:27 am

Poor Sophie being a chew toy!!!

Quote :
Anything paper, Kale will swollow. (Which is why he ate the tampon, it was wrapped in paper
I forgot to mention Karli has discovered panty liners...my bathroom is now off-limits!!
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Unusual "Toys" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unusual "Toys"   Unusual "Toys" EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 2:35 am

Dragonfly wrote:
LOL Somebody does NOT want to be groomed today.
That was our last comb. Well no body uses them anyway. Razz
cinnamonbits wrote:
Poor Sophie being a chew toy!!!
Maya's the chew toy Wink Sophie was getting her revenge for always being pushed around by Maya.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Unusual "Toys" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unusual "Toys"   Unusual "Toys" Empty

Back to top Go down

Unusual "Toys"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1