It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Ahsoka's first karaoke session

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
goaliechick41
Teenager
Teenager
goaliechick41

Female Join date : 2012-12-28

Ahsoka's first karaoke session Empty
PostSubject: Ahsoka's first karaoke session   Ahsoka's first karaoke session EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:26 am

Ahsoka's first karaoke session Th_VIDEO0026
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

Male Join date : 2012-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka's first karaoke session   Ahsoka's first karaoke session EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:39 am

Anakin found her singing interesting enough to do his own little rendition.
She is sooooooo cute!!
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Breeding Subject Moderator
Niraya

Female Join date : 2011-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka's first karaoke session   Ahsoka's first karaoke session EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:47 am

Oh god I don't miss that.

Ahsoka's first karaoke session Oil_pa11
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka's first karaoke session   Ahsoka's first karaoke session EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:48 am

Niraya wrote:
Oh god I don't miss that.

Lol you saw the video I posted on Facebook. She got off light.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka's first karaoke session   Ahsoka's first karaoke session EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:49 am

I wish I had video's of Bella.

Back to top Go down
goaliechick41
Teenager
Teenager
goaliechick41

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka's first karaoke session   Ahsoka's first karaoke session EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:51 am

I thought it was adorable! It's not so adorable when you lock her up though... Is it going to hurt her training if I let her sleep with me for a while, but do crate training throughout the day and work up to putting her in the crate when I go to work?
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka's first karaoke session   Ahsoka's first karaoke session EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:55 am

goaliechick41 wrote:
I thought it was adorable! It's not so adorable when you lock her up though... Is it going to hurt her training if I let her sleep with me for a while, but do crate training throughout the day and work up to putting her in the crate when I go to work?

Her little bark is so light and cute, I couldn't picture her making ugly little sounds Smile
Back to top Go down
goaliechick41
Teenager
Teenager
goaliechick41

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka's first karaoke session   Ahsoka's first karaoke session EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:56 am

Not ugly, just loud and ear-piercing!
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka's first karaoke session   Ahsoka's first karaoke session EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 9:57 am

Uh....
I know you mentioned not wanting to crate her because of soiling by accident/unaware because of the infection. But what's the difference between soiling her crate or soiling on you or the bed? It's going to happen where she sleeps regardless but if you're hypervigilant on taking her out while she has it she won't be soiling her crate.

I'm very pro-crate and it's something that needs to be very consistent. I don't see really the point of crating other times and then not crating at night.

As someone who didn't crate as a puppy (Bella would harm herself) - I dealt with separation issues and crating issues later on (even though I spent a lot of time introducing the crate both as a puppy and again at 8+ months) so I'm very "be consistent and don't give in".

Last edited by Niraya on Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka's first karaoke session   Ahsoka's first karaoke session EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:02 am

Niraya wrote:
Uh....
I know you mentioned not wanting to crate her because of soiling by accident/unaware because of the infection. But what's the difference between soiling her crate or soiling on you or the bed? It's going to happen where she sleeps regardless but if you're hypervigilant on taking her out while she has it she won't be soiling her crate.

I'm very pro-crate and it's something that needs to be very consistent. I don't see really the point of crating other times except at night.

As someone who didn't crate as a puppy (Bella would harm herself) - I dealt with separation issues and crating issues later on (even though I spent a lot of time introducing the crate both as a puppy and again at 8+ months) so I'm very "be consistent and don't give in".

^ that right there is what lets me sleep somewhat peacefully. So long as he is in the same room as me he doesn't mind the crate. It's really helped with house training. Except when he is doing the soft I'm so sad daddy doesn't love me baby sounds.
Back to top Go down
goaliechick41
Teenager
Teenager
goaliechick41

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka's first karaoke session   Ahsoka's first karaoke session EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:05 am

Soo...I work at night. Sleep in the morning/early afternoon. I guess my idea is that if she has to go, she can jump down and use the potty pad I have in the corner for my little dogs instead of peeing ON herself. And the problem is, she pees 10 seconds apart sometimes. Sometimes 5 minutes. Sometimes 4 times in an hour. I don't know, I guess I'd rather her pee on me or my bed or couch than on herself and have to lay in it because my alarm doesn't go off for another 45 minutes and I just took her out, but she had to go again as soon as we got back inside.
I have her gated into my kitchen right now (I am at work) with water and a potty pad. I can guarantee that the kitchen will be covered in pee when I get home in an hour and a half. I'm just talking a couple days here. Wait until she's peeing more regularly/normally. (I will update as soon as I know what the problem is this morning)
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka's first karaoke session   Ahsoka's first karaoke session EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:13 am

I guess that would work. I don't really know - Bella was....very obnoxious about when she had to go to the bathroom and maintains her obnxiousness to this day. She's always whined or screamed or made it very obvious she had to go out.

I dislike the use of pee pads because it says that the house is allowed to be used as a place to potty. I'm just much against them just as others are for the use of them. It's personal preference.

One thing you can try is the restriction of water. Just enough restriction that it gives you a better time table for her having to go out and potty instead of allowing her the free consumption of water (the restriction I imply is when you're home)

Back to top Go down
goaliechick41
Teenager
Teenager
goaliechick41

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka's first karaoke session   Ahsoka's first karaoke session EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:21 am

Hmm. I'll have to see what the vet says. Most everything I read said drinking lots of water was good for UTIs because I helps flush out bacteria. I think she was also peeing while walking a few times. There was a nice squiggly line of pee across my kitchen earlier, with no main puddle. So I don't think she even had the chance to squat. I watch Ahsoka like a hawk, and as soon as she starts sniffing the ground, turns around and sniffs back the other way, I'm off the couch and have her outside. She squats instantly, and we go back inside. Same with poop. She has never made a sound that said she needed to go out (so far).
I used pee pads when I lived in my apartment that I wasn't allowed to have pets in and bought a small dog to be an inside dog and I was terrified to take her outside lest they find out and evict me. :p I am still in the process of training her to go outside now.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka's first karaoke session   Ahsoka's first karaoke session EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:25 am

Well if that's good for a uti then yeah. For a healthy dog I know people restrict their water to help set a more stable time table.

Definitely figure out what is first wrong and go from there but for now its something to think about/consider for a later time.

I wonder if incontinence could be a possibility?

Back to top Go down
goaliechick41
Teenager
Teenager
goaliechick41

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka's first karaoke session   Ahsoka's first karaoke session EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:31 am

Anything is possible right now. I have heard UTIs can have similar effects as incontinence. Just as they can make it hard to pee at all. If I drank the amount of water she has been drinking, I think I would be peeing about the same as her. Sneeze, pee. Cough, pee.
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka's first karaoke session   Ahsoka's first karaoke session EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 10:32 am

Looks like everything rides on the vets diagnosis!

Back to top Go down
goaliechick41
Teenager
Teenager
goaliechick41

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka's first karaoke session   Ahsoka's first karaoke session EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 6:29 pm

Vet says UTI & Vaginitis. Sad my poor baby! The antibiotics should be helping by 48 hours. I've been feeding her in her crate at least. As soon as she displays some bladder control, I'm going to start the real crate training... :s
Back to top Go down
Niraya
Niraya

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka's first karaoke session   Ahsoka's first karaoke session EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 8:02 pm

Ewwwwwww I'm really sorry to hear! Hopefully all of that cleans up relatively quickly!

I know a Greater Swiss Mountain Dog that had Vaginitis Sad

Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka's first karaoke session   Ahsoka's first karaoke session EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 8:13 pm

Korra's water intake and peeing stopped after a day Smile So hopefully Ahsoka will follow and clear up quick! Vaginitis really isn't uncommon so at least you know what to keep an eye out for. As for the UTI, poor girl. Not comfy at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ahsoka's first karaoke session   Ahsoka's first karaoke session Empty

Back to top Go down

Ahsoka's first karaoke session

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1