It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Seattle Area Huskies!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

Seattle Area Huskies!!! Empty
PostSubject: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:50 am

So I know there are quite a few of us on here now and I was wandering if in Feb you guys would like to get the pups together for some play time? I eventually want to do a hike up at Walter Falls in Monroe but I think it would be better if it were warmer for that (at least for us humans lol). Does anyone know of a good place we could meet up between Oak Harbor and Seattle?
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 3:52 am

I'm up for it. Korra's done on Feb. 8 with her shots Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 4:08 am

Sweet!!! Someone Karli's size! She'll love that! Once I have my work schedule for Feb we can figure out a good day!
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 4:09 am

Sounds great! I can't wait!!
Back to top Go down
goaliechick41
Teenager
Teenager
goaliechick41

Female Join date : 2012-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 4:27 am

Yesssss. But, um, my pup won't be done with shots for a while... :/ Plus she needs some time to let her body heal from everything that's been thrown at her...
I could always bring Dexter, but I think he's a little much for a 3 month old...he's definitely too much for my 2 month old...hah.
There's this great dog park in Snohomish, Willis Tucker (thanks Eric). But regardless where the meetup is, gotta be careful of the parvo issue. Maybe find someplace that's non pet related but still somehow pet friendly? I'll do some research tonight and see what I can come up with.

Hike, park, indoor skydiving, what? Ideas? I think it would be fun to go get the dogs super muddy and nasty and then go to a self service dog wash and give everyone baths together. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 12:51 pm

Yes, any recommendations? I usually stay around here so I'm not sure of any good parks/hikes between us.

Also, Karissa, since you're closer if you want to set up a day for just the little puppies we can do that. Korra is getting pretty wise about playing with all sorts of dogs, but I think some puppy time would be good. Once the girls are feeling better Very Happy

Last edited by Dot on Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammer...)
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 2:20 pm

Walter falls in Monroe is a great place to hike...and we don't have to go all the way to the falls the first time (its a mile and a half to the falls one way) we can work up to that.

I think the parvo issue was in Pullyup, that's why they cancelled everything else after that. But the shows are back on, so I think its died down at this point.
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 2:12 am

The parvo outbreak was in Bothell too and Seattle. A few closed parks up north I think. I don't think we had many incidents in Redmond.
Not sure how far the little one can go, but it sounds like fun!
Back to top Go down
goaliechick41
Teenager
Teenager
goaliechick41

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 5:35 am

Several Everett parks were closed as well. They still have warnings up, but parks are open.
"Canine Parvovirus:
Dog owners, please be aware that Snohomish County Parks has received notification of a outbreak of Canine Parvovirus in the state. You can greatly reduce the opportunity for your pet to become ill by keeping your pet current with all vaccinations and following your veterinarian’s recommendations for a healthy happy pet. "

I still try to wait until after it rains a TON or freezes a lot. And I won't take my pup anywhere near a dog park until she's had her final puppy series.

I fiercely dislike Monroe...but I know my way around there pretty well.

Willis Tucker is a HUGE off leash park with hills and trees and shrubberies and agility equipment. And a smaller seperate pen for "shy" dogs (or a small husky puppy meet...hah).
http://www1.co.snohomish.wa.us/NR/exeres/451AC07F-03F0-4026-9DB3-4D880A001DED,frameless.htm?NRMODE=Published

There's Cougar Mtn:
http://www.kingcounty.gov/recreation/parks/trails/backcountry/cougar_trails.aspx

Grand Ridge:
http://www.kingcounty.gov/recreation/parks/trails/backcountry/grandridge.aspx

Soaring Eagle:
http://www.kingcounty.gov/recreation/parks/trails/backcountry/soaringeagle.aspx

http://www.kingcounty.gov/recreation/parks/trails/regionaltrailssystem/cedarriver.aspx

http://www.kingcounty.gov/recreation/parks/trails/regionaltrailssystem/svt.aspx

Lord Hill Regional Park, Snohomish

Paradise Valley Conservation Area (PVCA)
23210 Paradise Lake Rd
Woodinville
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

Male Join date : 2012-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 8:50 am

Paradise Valley is cool

Lord Hill is great for on-leash trail walking only

I personally get my dogs out to Willis Tucker at least 3x a week, and there are 3 sibes that frequent that park.

Another place I just checked into, and met the owner of, is in Lynnwood. It's called fourpaw, and its structured indoor agility practice.

We are scheduling practice time there next week, for Soshanna and 3 or 4 of her brothers.

The owner raises Champion Klee-kai's, so she is into arctic breeds.
Back to top Go down
goaliechick41
Teenager
Teenager
goaliechick41

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 9:34 am

I'm still eagerly awaiting our first excursion to Willis Tucker with Dexter. It took me a good hour or so to figure out how to get him to calm down enough to let him off the leash without inspiring 15 dog fights with Mr. Overzealously Friendly and Excitable. Even then it was only whittled down to about 5 or 6 dogs snarling/snapping at him.
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:24 pm

Quote :
Mr. Overzealously Friendly and Excitable
Sounds like Karli and him would get on famously! She loves other dogs and will lick their faces til they chase her. Younger dogs love it and lick back, older dogs ignore her lol.

Willis Tucker sounds like a great place for a meet up!!

I've only ever been to Monroe a couple times. I go there for the falls of course, and there is a pet store there that had birds, my hubby likes to go look at them.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 11:55 pm

Wallace Falls off Highway 2 is amazing too. Indoor agility.....yes! I'm so there once Link is of age. I play hockey right by this place.

My ultimate dream day with my Husky involves hiking daytime, then taking him to hockey with a backpack on him, and after we are done with warmups and there's pucks everywhere, have him run around the ice and we can put the pucks in his backpack and watch him smile the whole time Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:00 am

You play hockey in Lynnwood?
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:01 am

Yep,Lynwood Ice Arena, but mostly Shoreline and Kirkland.
Back to top Go down
K9_Eric
Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:07 am

Oh, sweet, all that is within 10ish miles of my home.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 12:10 am

Nice. I actually live in Seattle, but play hockey 2-3 times a week and there are no rinks in the city, so we play as far as Kent-Everett!! Shoreline is where I play most.

Good to meet you Eric, I'm Jeff.

Hope to meet up with you all in a couple of months. Our pup will be 8 weeks in 2 weeks when we take him home.
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:51 am

We hiked Wallace Falls with our sibe, taught me just how out of shape I am. I was huffing and puffing at the top and my sibe was having a grand time. Lol Beautiful hike though.

Are dogs allowed at Lake 22? (I think that's what it was called)

Adult
Adult
K9_Eric

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 2:21 pm

Val,

Dogs are allowed on the Lake 22 hike. I do that one yearly at least. They're not supposed to be off-leash, which means no swimming, but the ranger in that. District is kinda a pushover about dogs.

Today is my birthday, and we will be hiking the Lord Hill Regional Park trails today as celebration.
Back to top Go down
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

Female Join date : 2013-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 2:49 pm

Ahh. All this Washington talk is making me nostalgic! Razz
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 3:38 pm

Well Happy Birthday, Eric, and have fun out there today!

Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 1:11 am

Oh, I missed a few posts here, but happy belated birthday Eric!

Today Korra got the last of her shots, save rabies which we'll go in for in a couple weeks. We celebrated by injecting a tracking device into her body.
But today is valentines too of course, so we went to the outdoor mall for coffee and new toys Smile Since she's my valentine. Which is great cause when she's clingy it's actually cute.
Seattle Area Huskies!!! Lesx1sG

I did get my mom flowers, but looks like the parents went for a trip out of town. So..lol. Maybe I'll have a pizza delivered to the sisters house later.

And..the point if all that was..we got our shots and we wanna play!
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 3:21 pm

Haha YAY!!! Would a weekend in March be good? I work every Saturday this month (we're short staffed) but I would love to go for a hike or some play time in March!
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 4:29 pm

Link comes home next week. Count us in very soon!
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 4:43 pm

Yeah, March would be good! I'll be gone for the last weekend or two of March, but early March is good.

That's exciting Jeff, take pictures for us on pickup day!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seattle Area Huskies!!!   Seattle Area Huskies!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Seattle Area Huskies!!!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 20Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next