It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" Empty
PostSubject: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 4:04 am

I just can't do it. I can not stay motivated if my life depended on it. I have my beachbody coach on facebook, so she can see my day to day crap and she knows if I'm lying or not. Recently I joined a 30 day weight loss online challenge..and I lied my whole way through it. I have recently joined a 90 day challenge. I have my shakeology and my work out DVD. I stick to it for a good week, and then I just get lazy. Anyone else struggle like this?

For me it's more I want muscle tone. I ran XC in high school and went to state 2 times, so I had some pretty rockin muscles. Then I had to quit XC for fear of completely ruining my knees and joined golf. I got SUPER lazy after that and all my hard work went down the pooper.

Who has some stellar advice for my lazy butt? Also I need recipes!! I recently went out to actually buy decent food, but a lot of what I bought was frozen (weight watchers chicken breast, extra lean turkey bacon..). I'd like more foods that are more easily prepared. Suggestions?

Last edited by Sheba&Kennedy on Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:34 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Female Join date : 2012-09-21

PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 11:19 am

First of all you need to eliminate the cant do it attitude. Many people don't stick with their workout programs because they don't enjoy whAt they selected or they have gotten bored. I see this all the time. Or lack of patience. It takes six weeks of working out consistently to get results you will see. Some benefits are immediate so you need to focus on those for the start. You sleep better at night, more energy or pride of accomplishment. Start with a calendar and write down when and what workouts you will do. Just do a week at a time so you don't get overwhelmed. Focus on your goal get the muscle tone you want. A cheerleader can help too. Someone that can just tell, I believe you can do this, you should too. I hope this doesn't sound harsh, be truthful to yourself and realistic with your goals. You can do it! Good luck!

Food. A lot of fitness geared magazines have good quick recipes. Also cooking light magazine.
Back to top Go down
Shorty4lyfe89
Teenager
Teenager
Shorty4lyfe89

Female Join date : 2012-06-18

PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 1:29 pm

One thing that always discouraged me (and it may not be the same for you) is the scale. When I went into the USMC, I weighed 108 pounds. When I got out of my 3 month boot camp I weighed 117. By the time I left the Corps. I weighed 125. To me that was totally depressing and I didn't want to do anything. Now I work out everyday (I do P90X), I have a partner to do it with that helps a lot in the motivation department (misery loves company). I feel like a lot of exercise is mental especially in the beginning before you see results. Everyday after my work out I tell myself I look better (I've been on this routine about a month), most likely there is no visible change but I feel better when I think there is. My mom says keeping a journal is helpful and keeping measurements. I don't do that though.

If you need help or motivation let me know. Believe me when I say I never want to get my butt out of bed and exercise but I somehow find the motivation. Make sure you take vitamins before you hurt your body (speaking from experience: hip fractures, knee problems etc). Also I have taken many weight loss supplements (I dated a fitness guru) and if that's an avenue you decide to take I can offer what I know. I found thermogenics help in the short run but you need to drink plenty of water because they dehydrate you.

I don't know if any of this helps you, I hope so. Believe me when I say if I was skinny as a twig I would never work out. I learned quite a bit about health/nutrition and exercise in the Marine Corps so i'm happy to help in whatever way possible. I know a few recipes and my mom has access to the weight watcher site if you ever need anything specific.

My favorite recipe is low fat pumpkin pancakes with sugar free maple syrup (only 20 calories a serving). Or this banana bread recipe I found online (I substituted the canola oil for additional applesauce and it came out well):

1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 egg
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray loaf pan with cooking spray
Combine whole wheat flour through salt in a bowl and set aside
Mix remaining ingredients together until batter is relatively smooth with a few lumps from the mashed bananas
Slowly mix flour mixture into banana mixture
Once batter is fully mixed, pour into loaf pan and bake for approximately 50 minutes
Cool, slice and enjoy
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 4:37 pm

I feel you on the motivation. I'm getting married in November and am determined to drop 20lbs (which I need to do anyway). I was doing awesome for a while - working out with a girl who gave me tons of motivation, eating right, doing extra weights and cardio on my own at home, etc. Then life happened and that all went to shit. I haven't been skinny since I was pretty young but I managed to lose 60lbs on my own just by changing how I eat. Now I just need that extra hard push to lose the rest of it.

I have a very hard time getting motivated to work out. I keep thinking I'll start today, I'll start Monday, etc. etc. but it never happens. I need to just shut up and do it and quit worrying about not having the time or whatever. It's really an endless circle of this is what I know I need to do, but I just need to do it and I know that.

I find that you can find a lot of awesome recipes on Pinterest. They have a lot of healthy crockpot recipes you can prepare too. I find that preparing meals a day or so in advance (or putting everything together on the weekend) helps to take away the prep time for a lot of meals that you may not have had the time to prepare after work and the gym or whatever. It provides variation so you don't get bored either.

Anyway, good luck on your journey! Smile

Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:34 am

Shorty4lyfe89 wrote:
One thing that always discouraged me (and it may not be the same for you) is the scale. When I went into the USMC, I weighed 108 pounds. When I got out of my 3 month boot camp I weighed 117. By the time I left the Corps. I weighed 125. To me that was totally depressing and I didn't want to do anything. Now I work out everyday (I do P90X), I have a partner to do it with that helps a lot in the motivation department (misery loves company). I feel like a lot of exercise is mental especially in the beginning before you see results. Everyday after my work out I tell myself I look better (I've been on this routine about a month), most likely there is no visible change but I feel better when I think there is. My mom says keeping a journal is helpful and keeping measurements. I don't do that though.

I actually don't have a scale in my house for that VERY reason! When I had to quit cross country, I was constantly checking my weight. My moods became dependent on which way the scale went. So when I moved into my apartment, I decided there was so way a scale would make it's way into my house. And I will totally be hitting you up about vitamins!
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 1:36 am

Congrats on your (soon to be) wedding!! Having a good support system is one of the major factors of motivation..which I highly lack. If you can get your fiance to push you, then that makes it SO much easier.

I CAN'T believe I'm not on Pinterest yet! I gotta join! I see people post about that all the time.'

Good luck on your journey as well!
Back to top Go down
Clm
Teenager
Teenager
Clm

Male Join date : 2012-11-22

PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 8:20 pm

Well i personally dont have this problem (6'2 135 pounds and a extremely high metabolism) however my dad has a big weight problem and i've been helping him with it.

For the food this is what he's done and so far it's been working. he cut out anything white (all potatos, breads, stuff like that) and doesn't take in any sugars (splenda for his coffee) but he eats as much of any meat or veggie he wants, this includes cheese and bacon, so very low carb stuff... also reading the backs of every package and checking how much sugar and carbs it has is a must. with just switching his diet over with no exercise he lost 50 pounds in the first month.

I've been making him exercise lately, which consists of a mile bike ride a day with me. in a week we will be bumping it up to 2 miles a day and within a month the goal is 5 miles a day. now he's not trying to gain muscle tone or bulk up, just drop alot of weight so he isn't dead within the next 5 years. so you may need to tweak it to fit your goals if you decide to give it a shot.

Now this has been working for him because i've become his drill sargent (i tend to yell at him when he tries to give me excuses for sitting on the couch... sgt.charlie isn't havin it muwhahaha)

I dont know if you have a friend or family member that could help to light a fire under your ass like i do with my dad but i think it would really help to get you moving.

something of note; i myself am not a exercise nut, infact i'd rather sit on my rump all day watching tv and eatting pizza then go for a run or something. but i have been motivateing myself to get moving for my dads sake. so maybe you just need to find something that is important enough for you to get movin.
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

Female Join date : 2012-11-05

PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:31 am

I did track in college and lifted every day.then did triathlons after graduating. Now I'm a couch potatoe and walking kiba is my exercise so I feel your pain. The hardest step to take is the first one. For me signing up for a race and having a goal to work towards helps a TON. Sure my goals are to get tone back and be fit looking but having that race goal just makes me commit. Do you bike or swim? Maybe a low impact sport race would be fun and motivating? Idk

Also, I know it costs money but in a n effort to reform my unhealthy eating i tried weight watchers a year ago (i looove junk food )Works wonderful if you follow it. Not hard to follow because you don't have to starve yourself. I saw you mentioned buying their food which made me think of it.
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:45 am

Signing up for a race sounds awesome!! I miss running that's for sure. I have thought about joining weight watchers before. If it were up to me, I'd feed myself Ramen Noodles and call it good! I have no cooking skills whatsoever. I've been trying a lot more, but I can really only cook chicken and steak on my George Forman. I am one of those people I would rather have a meal plan and just follow that.

As for someone to light a fire under me...not at all. I've asked my boyfriend time and time again to help me be accountable...but apparently that's too hard for him. New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" 85993 .

I have been getting back into my workouts though, so that is excellent!! I can't wait for Sheba to get older so we can start running together.

It is SO true that the hardest step is the first one to fully commit.
Back to top Go down
Clm
Teenager
Teenager
Clm

Male Join date : 2012-11-22

PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:22 pm

Sheba&Kennedy wrote:

As for someone to light a fire under me...not at all. I've asked my boyfriend time and time again to help me be accountable...but apparently that's too hard for him. New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" 85993 .

Ah, well that kinda sucks... but glad to see you've started your exercises. just keep at it, like i tell my dad "that bike isn't going to ride itself"

I can definately feel you on the cooking end of things... im a terrible cook. if i cant microwave it, then i cant eat it lol.
However something to try out that my dad found out if you like buffalo wings, he dices up boneless chicken breasts into cubes and he grills it on his george foremen then simmers it in some hot sauce and serves it on top of steamed white rice and steamed brocolli. he says it take him about 15 minuets to make and says the hot sauce hides the fact that he isn't eatting burritos instead. i dunno maybe something to try.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:31 pm

Steaming vegetables with any sort of lean meat is a good start. You can also just try throwing stuff you think seems good together and see what happens. LOL. That's how I cook. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. If you like pasta there are some super simple recipes on healthy sauces to make with them. One I did the other night used Greek yogurt, lemon juice, a little olive oil and sour cream with salt and pepper. It was really good! Good enough that my brother demolished all the leftovers I had. -_-

I have that same significant other issue. The fiance is supportive but he's the worst influence when it comes to eating healthy. And there are other factors when it comes to him and me trying to workout, etc. But that's another story. Lol.

eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 3:00 pm

One thing I did when I noticed my pants were fitting a snug was to cut out all empty calories. No soda ( you will get a caffeince headache), beer and even my beloved wine. I stopped grazing at my desk at work and when I did want a snack it was fruit or yogurt not chips and cookies. I started doing Zumba on the Xbox (the first day it felt like I was dying could barley do 15 mins). When My fiance and I went out to dinner we would get a platter and split it (example the tour of italy from Olive GArden). Portion control is very important. I know that 16 oz is only 2 more dollars then the 8 oz but are you really going to eat all that meat or have you already told yourself that is tomorrow's lunch (which is fine). I did this all gradually so I didn't get system shock. You can't take away my soda and chips in the same week and expected me to start exercising. Ease yourself into and you will notice your new eating will become a habit. Now I do have the 1 soda a day and a wine with my meals on the weekend but instead of grbaing for a snickers bar I go for a small bag of pretzels or apple sauce. My jeans fit great now and have for the past 3 years. Sorry if I came off as preachy.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 5:32 pm

^ Portion control and cutting out empty calories can be a major first step in improvement. I always cut my meals in half when eating out. The portions they serve in restaurants are ridiculous. I tend to do that and will save the leftovers for lunch the next day. Most health gurus will tell you not to drink your calories. I pretty much only ever drink water ad juice with the exception of my coffee in the mornings and the occasional Starbucks in the afternoons. And I always get it with skim milk. I personally cannot stand the taste of artificial sweeteners so I still use pure cane / natural sugar in my drinks.

The little things can go a long way in the end. I eat 100 times better than I ever used to, if not I never would be able to have gotten to where I am today. I personally just need that extra push to finish off the last few pounds.

Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 6:31 am

Okay guys. I took a major step. A HUGE step!! I have been doing BB (beach body) workouts and drinking shakeology for about 3 months now. A little background before I drop the big news!

I started out at a size 3/4 during HS and recently I went all the way up to a size 6!!! affraid I did my first Shakeology challenge in November. I drank the meal replacement shake everyday. That's it. No special workout (yet), no change in my diet..just replaced a meal with the Shakeology. I lost about 2 inches on my waist. Pretty cool. I then took the step to join my current challenge I have been in since Jan. I slacked the first 30 days.. I did my work out sparatically, drank my Shakeo whenever I decided to..I was pretty lazy, as you can see from these posts. Towards the back end of Feb. I decided enough was enough and I kicked my butt in gear. I took my workouts seriously, drank my shakeo like I was supposed to, and ate as well as I could. Well, I just finished my Rockin Body workouts. I am down to my size 3 pants again, and down two belt buckle sizes. I have fought with acne since the 5th grade, I had to take Acutane my sophomore year, and I have had little boughts on and off since finishing the Acutane. My face is beautiful. I don't break out anymore, my color is beautiful, and my skin is softer. I have really bad acid reflux as well. I used to be kept up at night from the acid in my throat and I wouldn't be able to talk in the morning my throat would be so raw. I also suffer from heart burn. Well, since sticking to Shakeo, there has been a dramatic decrease in both heart burn and acid reflux!! My sleeping is also a lot better!! Shakeology has been a life saver, truly and honestly. Since I had such amazing results in such a small amount of time, I decided to take the plunge and I have signed up to be a Beach Body coach!!!

If anyone wants more information about Shakeo, workout programs, supplements..anything else this AMAZING company has to offer, PM and I will send you my website address. I was going to post it here, but I am not completely sure I can, so I will wait until I either have permission to, or I won't post it at all lol.

PLEASE don't hesitate in asking me anything you want!! Beach Body has been an amazing thing for me, and it can be for you too!!
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 9:54 am

I'm in the same boat as you. I have tried and quit so many workouts you have no idea!

I'm finally doing it right this time.

I've been working out for 3 weeks now. I go to the gym around noon, 5 days a week and get at least 30 minutes of cardio in. I'm also doing strength training and toning. I got the Diamond Dallas program for Christmas and I plan on incorporating that into my evening workout soon. I also plan to add in a Zumba class once a week. Before I workout I rub Eucerin lotion over my body and I feel like it makes me sweat more.

As far as eating goes, I'm eating very lean and cutting out a lot of carbs (not all, because they are good for you). I'm eating HIGH Fiber foods too!

*Try to stay away from pre-packaged things as they aren't as nutritious and not as filling*.

Good Proteins: Chicken breast w/out skin, filet mignon, fish (white fish especially), shrimp, lobster, scallops, just to name a few.

PAY ATTENTION TO PORTION SIZE *I measure my food w/a scale*

My eating schedule:

Morning : Atkins Shake (or high fiber oatmeal (1 cup) made with water NOT milk! With one Truvia package and cinnamon

Snack : Fresh fruit or veggies or nuts

Lunch : Salad w/toppings (less than 250 calories) w/fresh fruit or Atkins shake (if I didn't have the shake for breakfast)

Snack : String cheese (light) or fresh fruit/veggies

Dinner : Steamed veggies and protein (about 4 oz)

I'm drinking nothing but water! At least 60oz a day. I bought a bottle that holds 30oz and I fill it up twice, so I know I've taken in at least 60 oz.

Don't eat past 6pm. Only water after that! If you get hungry, try brushing you're teeth, you won't want it after that.

I do have a sweet tooth and allow myself a little sweetness every so often. I bought these no sugar added fudge pops or a sugar free jello cup.

I read you're suppose to eat 20-25 grams of fiber a day. I keep the list below on my refrigerator.

High Fiber Foods

Corn- 1 ear or 1/2 cup = 2 grams fiber
Popcorn- 3 cup serving = 3.5 grams fiber
White Beans- 1 cup = 19 grams fiber
Black Beans- 1 cup = 15 grams fiber
Kidney Beans- 1 cup = 13 grams fiber
Avocado- 2 TBS = 2 grams fiber (entire fruit = 10 grams)
Whole Wheat Pasta- 1/2 cup = 3/4 grams fiber
Brown Rice- 1 cup = 3.5 grams fiber
Edamame- 1/2 cup = 9 grams fiber
Whole Wheat Bread- 1 slice = 2 grams fiber
Lentils- 1 cup= 15.6 grams fiber
Pear- medium unpeeled = 5.5 grams fiber
Artichoke- boiled = 10.3 grams fiber ; 1/2 cup hearts = 7.2 grams fiber
Oatmeal (high fiber)- 1 cup = 7 grams fiber
Raspberries- 1 cup = 8 grams fiber
Green Peas- 1 cup = 16.3 grams fiber
Broccoli- 1 cup = 5.1 grams fiber
Apples- 1 regular size = 4.4 grams fiber (I heard green are best)
Almonds- 1/4 cup (handful) = 3 grams fiber ; 1 cup = 4 grams fiber
Sun Dried Tomatoes- 100 grams = 12.3 grams fiber
Sunflower Seeds- 100 grams = 10.6 grams fiber
Brussel Sprouts- 1 cup = 4 grams fiber
Navy Beans- 1 cup = 19 grams fiber
Black Beans- 1/2 cup = 3.8 grams fiber
Strawberries- 1 cup = 3 grams fiber
Banana- 1 medium = 3.1 grams fiber
Orange- 1 medium = 3.1 grams fiber
Carrot (raw)- 1 medium = 1.7 grams fiber
Cinnamon- 100 grams = 53.1 grams fiber
Dried Herbs- Ground Savory, Dried Oregano, Rosemary, Corriander, Basil, Sage, Paprika, Thyme, Chili Power, Cloves, Cayenne Pepper, Black Pepper

A few years ago I purchased a workout program called The Firm and it works great! I lost like 40 lbs in like 2 months. I was eating lean (but not totally dieting) and was also running 1-2 miles every morning.

My hair stylist was struggling loosing weight after having her baby and she started Zumba 1-2 times a week and the weight just fell off.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 10:27 am

Here are a couple recipes I use :

Baked Coconut Shrimp:

large peeled shrimp (enough for you)
Coconut flakes- own separate dish
Cornstarch or wheat flour
Cayenne Pepper (3/4 tsp) -mix in with flour/cornstarch
2 egg whites- beat

Roll the shrimp in the flour/cornstarch/cayenne mixture. Dip in egg whites, roll in coconut flakes. Place on baking sheet and bake 400F 15-20 mins flipping halfway through.

Baked Shrimp :

Shrimp (peeled)
Lemon
Olive Oil
Salt/Papper

Place Shrimp on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Squeeze just a little lemon over each shrimp and sprinkle with salt/papper. Bake 400 F for around 7-8 minutes or until done.

I buy a bunch of the McCormick Marinade packages and marinade the chicken overnight and grill it the next day. They have tons of flavors!

Roasted Veggies :

Zucchini- 2
Sweet Onion/Red Onion- 1 medium
Bell pepper- 2
Olive Oil
Salt/Pepper

Dice up all you're veggies and put on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and salt/pepper and bake 350 F for like 15-20 minutes or until done to you're liking. Stir them halfway through.

Turkey Burgers :

Lean Turkey meat
McCormick's Montreal Chicken Seasoning

Season patties well and grill to you're liking

White Chicken Chili :

McCormick's white chicken chili mix
Canned white beans
Ground Chicken Breast

Cook Chicken through. Add the chili mix package w/water and the white beans. Cook on medium/low for 5 minutes until heated through.

These are not recipes I use all the time! I'm trying to cut out all oil's, so if you use it, use VERY LITTLE! Steaming is another alternative, which is much healthier.

Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 2:01 am

Alright guys. I want to really get this out there!! I am thinking about starting a Shakeology challenge on Facebook. A Shakeology challenge means that I have a select group of people that are ready to take their first step towards a healthier lifestyle. My group of people will buy a 30 month supply of Shakeology from Home Direct, meaning that they will have free shipping. There are LOADS of different flavors! I myself have personally tried Tropical Vegan Strawberry, Chocolate, and Vegan chocolate, and tomorrow I will be trying the Greenberry. You will pick your flavor, order it, and drink it! With a Shakeo challenge, you don't have to be in a workout program, you don't have to change your eating habits, BUT you HAVE to commit to drinking the Shakeo everyday! Not that hard right? Shakeology also has a "Bottom of the Bag Guarantee" meaning that if you are not satisfied by the end of the 30 months, you can return if for a refund. If you don't feel healthier, if you see absolutely no improvement in inches, digestion, energy, cravings..you can return your EMPTY bag!

Right now I am just feeling this out to see if I have any interest. I see these threads, and I ust want to help people like my coach has helped me.

I also want to put out there that if you are a fitness junky and you run marathons, this also works as a recovery formula!

If you are interested and want more info, you can either PM me here, reply to this thread, or find me on Facebook! My name is Kelsey Rose Dixon, and you can shoot me a friend request and we can chat!!

I REALLY look forward to hearing from anyone interested! If I get enough interest for this challenge, we can even go forward into a workout challenge group, or we can go straight to a workout challenge group. A workout challenge group would be where we all participate in the same workout and when you purchase the challenge pack, you also get a bag of Shakeology! So let me know if anyone is interested! PLEASE don't hesitate to ask me any questions!
Back to top Go down
eddycaaa
Adult
Adult
eddycaaa

Female Join date : 2012-09-22

PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 2:24 am

If you have a smart phone, you should add the app called myfitnesspal, it so convenient and easy to use. You can also access it from your computer at myfitnesspal.com. The community support is amazing! Once you add some friends you will start to get feedback and encouragement on your workouts and food diary.

You should also check out skinnytaste.com for yummy diet friendly recipes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ericalynnrodriguez.net
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 2:25 am

I actually have that app!! I love it!!
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 5:09 am

http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/kelseylou03

Here is my website guys. If you wanna check it out, you are more then welcome.

I am starting a new workout called Les Mills Combat this week. This workout program throws together a LOT of different styles of "combat"-- Combat Stances and Guards, Boxing, Karate, Taw Kwon do, Capoeira, Muay Thai/Kickboxing, and Jui Jitsu.

I am SO excited for this!! I finished my Rockin Body program and I did fairly well with it, but I need something that pushes me more. So this is what I landed on.

Here are before and after pictures of me before Rockin Body, and after Rockin Body.

New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" 2njw015
New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" Dzjqmo

I really don't want to post these..but part of making a change is embracing who you are and what your flaws are and over coming all insecurities!
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" EmptyThu Mar 14, 2013 4:33 am

I did my first workout of Les Mills Combat..

OH MY LORD!!! I am sooo exhausted!! My body HURTS! I did HIIT 30 and it was non stop. It has interval training, so that was nice. My shoulders are killing me, and I don't think I have ever worked my shoulders like this. My abs are burning too. The one thing I would say I don't like is how they just go straight into the workouts and don't preview the moves for you like some Beachbody workout DVDs. It was alright though, once you watch it a couple times you basically get the idea down and just go for it. I watched "The Basics" DVD two times so I could get used to the moves, but I was still a little behind and I don't think my moves were 100% spot on. It was a lot of fun though and I can't wait for the next 30 days!

This is a preview of Combat. I think I am going to start recording me doing the workouts. I'll look a little silly, but oh well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xu4gHf3CjUI

Last edited by Sheba&Kennedy on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Haha..forgot the link!)
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 9:09 pm

Last edited by Sheba&Kennedy on Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : tried to delete post..)
Back to top Go down
AMB
Senior
Senior
AMB

Male Join date : 2009-07-23

PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 10:13 am

Try doing 10 push ups and 10 crunches everyday. If you can consistently do it for a month up the count by 10 (20 push ups and 20 crunches, everyday). Then just up the count by 10 every month for a few months (stop increasing the count when you can do 50 push ups and 100 crunches everyday (it should take about 4-6 months to get to that point...) It's a simple exercise that only take about 10 minutes to do but it should help build some muscles and keep weight in check. Also stick to fresh organic food and stay away from processed food if possible. Try to find milk without growth hormones as well since that's a really good source of protein and calcium.

Another fun thing I like to do is run one mile everyday and time myself with a stop watch. I try to beat my personal best everyday and ultimately try to keep a mile below 6 minutes (that's how fast high school varsity kids run...) I also take JKA Shodokan Karate. It can help builds muscles/keep you in shape, but you have to be really committed to do that and it sounds like the training program you have is already giving you a good workout.

You probably already know all this stuff though since it looks like you have a great workout plan. Anyways I don't know if anything I said was useful but I hope I helped in some way or another...
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 2:02 am

So I decided I'm going to make this into a "blog" of sorts; really just an accountability thread.

I did my "first" workout of T25. I had started and made it about 3 weeks through, but I had to quit due to a shoulder injury. After taking it easy and doing stretches and ice therapy at home, I decided it was time to get back into it.

I just bought myself a new pair of running shoes as well! It gets me motivated when I buy a nice new white pair of shoes cause I'm thinkin',"How quick can I get these worn down?!Twisted Evil Twisted Evil ". I hate when shoes look "clean". To me, clean shoes are unused shoes. I mean, of course I don't like scraggly, muddy, icky looking shoes. But good, worn shoes are nice. I got some Brooks Ghost shoes. I tried a pair of Brooks in high school, and I hated them. They were really heavy and blockey and just sucked to run in. I love these shoes. They have a very nice fit and they are light weight and my insoles fit in nicely without turning my shoe into a five hundred pound weight. Nice.

I basically remembered everything from before... BUT OH MY GOOD LORD. I am dead. The "hop hop squats" really got me. It is what it sounds like. You hop two times to the left, then squat. Two times to the right, then squat. Also the running lunge kills me too. I had to follow the modifier a lot more then the first round, but I made it. It's 25 minutes of pure hell LOL. Not really, but it definitely pushes you. I'm one of those people you hear going "UGGHHHH!!!" when things start to get hard, so the dogs were very confused lol. I am a very vocal person when I work out, and they were either concerned I was yelling or mad because they couldn't play. Lol who knows with those pups.

I'm also really excited because I got my boyfriend back into it too!! Hopefully he stays committed this time. I'll just ride his ass so he does LOL.

So, T25 Cardio is in the bag! It's a little late for a workout, but better late then never Smile.

I'll hafta post my before pictures and measurements tomorrow as well. I'm sure they've gone up since the first round Embarassed . All the more motivation, right?? Hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 10:13 pm

BAHAH... obviously my "accountability thread" hasn't kept me so accountabile, eh??

Time to get serious.

So I just finished T25 Cardio (again...); and I actually did a lot better then I thought I would. I had to take a couple weeks off to let an injury from a car accident heal up. I did some Tai Cheng (a program that helps with mobility and chronic pain), but other then that I didn't do much. SO, I gained some weight. A lot of weight. But that is for a different post.

I was able to do the "slow jog" which before had killed me. Basically, you are high knee running; but you jump the left, hold it for about 2 seconds, then jump to your right leg, hold it, and repeat. Going in slow motion kills me. You have to really focus on keeping your knee above your hip, but you have to focus on spreading your toes for stability. Can anyone do this?? I've been "trained" to scrunch my toes when I balance on one foot; not spread them out. Something I am definitely going to have to work on.

I had to follow the modifier for the jump lunges. I am just not stable enough to do the move without causing injury. You do a little hop as you go from a left side lunge to a right side lunge. My abs are not strong enough to keep my back straight and my legs are too shaky to lunge in a straight line; so modifier it is. You still get an amazing burn following the modifier; don't think you don't.

One move I simply CANNOT get is this move where you do a small jump but slap your thighs as you are jumping up. For some reason I can't remember what it's called because of course I want to talk about it LOL. I'm trying to find a video of it, but I can't find one right now. For some reason I just can't get it! Oh well, just gotta keep working at it!!

Here's too an EARLY start a New Year New Me!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"   New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!" Empty

Back to top Go down

New blog- "Why I hate high school proms!"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next