It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:02 pm

Heather! wrote:
Breeders should not be intentionally producing woollies. A dog accidentally being produced that is a wooly is one thing, but intentionally breeding a wooly in hopes of more or for whatever reason is not looked well upon.
Since wooly was brought up... Kodas breeder said when he was a few weeks old she thinks he will become a wooly.. However when i picked him up she said she was wrong she thinks he wont be one but just have long hair.. Anyone mind giving me their opinion on what they think.. Here is his scrapbook ill add more pix later today probably as well. https://www.itsahuskything.com/t7700-koda-rex-s-scrapbook-updated-1-18-13
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:06 pm

He just has a thick coat - I don't see him being a wooly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:11 pm

They took the merle down!

Classy, Hell's Hollow - Now you are covering up things...hmm..
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:14 pm

Woolies even as puppies will be extra plumie/have feathery wisps behind the ears which I don't see on your pup. I think your pup will have an appropriate coat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
Heather!
Senior
Senior
Heather!

Female Join date : 2012-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:15 pm

Ro's coat is similar to Koda's (confusing with the names, lol). She isn't wooly but has a poofy head and other places, and her tail is very wooly-esque. But by no means a wooly.

Someone got caught! Wish they'd come out to play.
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:19 pm

I will also assert that he isn't a wooly. Bode's coat is similar to that too. When he was little he was the fluffiest of the bunch. He still has a fluffy mane area and a very fluffy butt (That's one of his nicknames, Fluffy Butt), but nowhere near wooly.
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

Male Join date : 2012-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:33 pm

katiesham wrote:
Dominique, just to clarify, (you might be speaking about huskies specifically) merle is plenty acceptable in other dog breeds such as the Australian shepherd.

Someone already said it but yup, just speaking about huskies lol. I love the coat pattern just not the list of problems that can come with it like blindness and going deaf.

Edit: I also worried about Anakin being a wooly but I think he'll just end up having a thicker coat like his dad. Not end up a true wooly.
Back to top Go down
Ericobeasto
Senior
Senior
Ericobeasto

Male Join date : 2012-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 6:37 pm

Thank you everyone
Back to top Go down
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

Female Join date : 2013-01-19

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 7:12 pm

I bet they wish they hadn't messed us over now. Haha. I knew that about Merle's, I guess I just didn't pay attention because the parents of my pup weren't Merle. Oh well. The puppy search continues!
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 7:54 pm

CatDen wrote:
I bet they wish they hadn't messed us over now. Haha. I knew that about Merle's, I guess I just didn't pay attention because the parents of my pup weren't Merle. Oh well. The puppy search continues!
As heated as this forum can get, or as much as things get taken wrong and feelings get hurt, it can be a pretty supportive place too Smile Good luck with the puppy search!
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

Male Join date : 2012-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 8:20 pm

Dot wrote:
CatDen wrote:
As heated as this forum can get, or as much as things get taken wrong and feelings get hurt, it can be a pretty supportive place too Smile Good luck with the puppy search!

It can be very supportive which is why I'm here. I hope you find your new fur friend soon.
Back to top Go down
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 9:43 pm

So i just got an email from her. I don't know if she just sent it or if my inbox was just not cooperating. This is what it said:

Good morning,

Isn't it entertaining when I go online and find that the purebred status of my dogs have been questioned? It isn't that you questioned them so much as you went behind my back to do it. We have nothing to hide, and are actually a little hurt that you felt as though you couldn't ask us. We have worked very hard on what we do as well as our dogs. The mother of this litter was traded for from a friend of mine, who has Cinder's parents and paternal grandsire as well.

Well, no one twisted your arm to make the deposit, and no one told you that you couldn't come and see them in person before making your deposit.

https://www.itsahuskything.com/t7971-is-it-possible-my-husky-is-a-mixbreed#top - very interesting reading.

We reserve the right to refuse our puppies to homes we feel would not be suitable for Siberians.

Now that we know you couldn't come to us for your answers, we think that it is best for you to look for your puppy elsewhere. We didn't like the idea of him cooped up in an apartment. Your deposit has been refunded.

Sincerely,
Amanda.

That email wasn't even in response to the apology email.
Might I add that before we put down the deposit, we fill out a "puppy application". In it, we specifically told her we lived in a large (over 1300 sq foot) 2 bedroom apartment. I told her that we knew Sibes needed plenty of exercise and the largest park in Atlanta was less than a mile down the road and we'd be taking him every day (after he finished his shots). She knew good and well where we lived, so that's just a load of bull. Anyways, this pissed me off tremendously.

In response to the last few comments that were made since the last time I replied, thank you guys so much. We think we've found one, but we aren't sure. A little scary to move forward after this. :/

Back to top Go down
Camoger
Newborn
Newborn
Camoger

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 9:50 pm

I am not defending this person in any way, but, let me point out that I also would feel a bit let down if somebody adopting one of my dogs felt like they had to go somewhere else to ask questions rather than coming to me. I would feel like I couldn't trust them to come back to me if something went amiss with the puppy, which I certainly would want them to!
Back to top Go down
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 9:57 pm

We asked here because we didn't want to bother them. We also felt like asking non-biased people rather than the breeder. I mean, if you ask someone who is selling something, 9/10 times, they'll tell you theirs is the best.
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 9:59 pm

In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with asking for an outside opinion about something. If they didn't have anything to hide, I don't think they'd mind.
Back to top Go down
Camoger
Newborn
Newborn
Camoger

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 10:03 pm

Yes, that is true. But also, just out of caution.. It might be best to go both ways, and maybe even let them know you are going there. This way if there is a good explanation for something (Such as missing dogs in the lineage) the breeder can explain before people who don't know any better tell you its a red flag. (Nine times out of ten it is.. but sometimes there are good explanations for shady looking things.)

I do think these guys are over-reactive though - obviously..

I hope you find somebody better to get a puppy from. Smile
Back to top Go down
MGoBlue
Senior
Senior
MGoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 10:03 pm

I agree with Katie. Someone with nothing to hide wouldn't get that defense/immature about something like this.
Back to top Go down
Keyda81
Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 10:18 pm

That's a load of BS plain and simple. What is wrong with someone doing their research before purchasing something?! It shouldn't matter where the research comes from. That woman is a cold hearted bitch if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 10:19 pm

I've said 8 billion things about Karnovanda on here, all good of course, but I believe they are confident in themselves enough to know they have great dogs.

That's a difference in breeders. Nothing to hide, no problems.
Back to top Go down
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 10:19 pm

Keyda81 wrote:
That's a load of BS plain and simple. What is wrong with someone doing their research before purchasing something?! It shouldn't matter where the research comes from. That woman is a cold hearted bitch if you ask me.

I agree. If I was a breeder, it wouldn't bother me if I was questioned-I would be so confident in my dogs and their status. I mean, I would actually love that a potential owner of my pups cared enough to ask questions.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 10:21 pm

I sincerely hope you find a reputable breeder and have a positive experience, as purchasing a puppy should be a positive experience! A breeder without anything to hide would not have any issue with their potential puppy buyers asking questions, of course a reputable breeder most likely wouldn't have gaps in their pedigrees to cause such questions to be brought up. Nor feel the need to stalk a husky forum and alter their website and use it to further torture their puppy client-

There are lots of people on this site that are behind you, support you, and are willing to help you find the healthy happy puppy that you deserve.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 10:22 pm

HuskyMom09 wrote:
I sincerely hope you find a reputable breeder and have a positive experience, as purchasing a puppy should be a positive experience! A breeder without anything to hide would not have any issue with their potential puppy buyers asking questions, of course a reputable breeder most likely wouldn't have gaps in their pedigrees to cause such questions to be brought up. Nor feel the need to stalk a husky forum and alter their website and use it to further torture their puppy client-

There are lots of people on this site that are behind you, support you, and are willing to help you find the healthy happy puppy that you deserve.

<3 Thank you. You really have no idea how much it means to us to have the support.
Back to top Go down
bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Female Join date : 2012-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 11:48 pm

How did she the breeder know to look on this forum for a post about her puppy? Seems odd to me.
Back to top Go down
CatDen
Teenager
Teenager
CatDen

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 11:52 pm

I'm guessing she googled Hells Hollow Huskies and came across this forum. Which is suspicious in itself.
Back to top Go down
Husky mum
Teenager
Teenager
Husky mum

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 11:59 pm

Good luck on your search for a pup. It truly is a terrible thing you have been through, I couldn't even imagine the heartbreak or dissapointment - but don't let this tarnish your search. The right pup is out there for you, any pup you end up will be very lucky.

I honestly hope the breeder comes away from this with a different way of looking at the situation and realise what she has put you through. I don't think you had any nefarious intentions with your questions, but you were just doing your due diligence and asking outside of the breeder who has a vested intrest in wether you buy the pup or not.

Good luck, and I hope to see photos of your new addition soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.   breeder - Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Who would have thought that US, of all people, would run into an awful breeder.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next