It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Malfoy finally 'woke up'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CaptainMorgan
Puppy
Puppy
CaptainMorgan

Female Join date : 2013-01-12

Malfoy finally 'woke up' Empty
PostSubject: Malfoy finally 'woke up'   Malfoy finally 'woke up' EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 8:24 pm

And what a turd he is at times! He is such a drama queen, it's slightly entertaining. Slightly. I had to trim his nails today, not once did I go down to the quick but he sure did whine and cry like I was beating him. This is the second time he has had it done now. He doesn't mind me touching his feet normally, I wipe his under belly and paws after he goes outside.
He plays now too which is awesome. Smile I love to get down on all fours with him and play tug of war, I get too into it and hold the other end of the rope in my mouth. My boyfriend judges me for it but Malfoy loves it. Cool
His potty training is going smoother than expected. He has the idea of it down and seems to 'understand' that outside is for going potty. I just got a strip of bells for the door that I am going to start introducing him to now that he knows his name and I know he isn't deaf.
Obedience school starts the ninth but I have already started working with him to learn how to 'sit'. It would go smoother if he had an attention span bigger than a gnats.
He loves his crate and has not ever had an issue with it, he is actually in there now with the door open taking a nap. As such I do let him sleep with me at night, it's a personal choice and I know he will grow to expect it which I am fine with. On the subject of crates he finally will walk in and out on his own.
His ears still aren't standing up but that's fine, I love him regardless.
He has had his first couple rounds of vaccines and is healthy. He did poop out one worm after getting his dewormer. NO ONE had told me all puppies were born with them so I freaked out quite a bit.

All in all things are going well with him, I still love him. Can't wait till I can walk him
Back to top Go down
KibaHope
Teenager
Teenager
KibaHope

Female Join date : 2012-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Malfoy finally 'woke up'   Malfoy finally 'woke up' EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:24 am

Lol in my ignorance when we first got kiba the vet said she was going to test for worms and in my head I was thinking "MY dog can't have worms! She's not some dirty mutt!" And then they did the test and the vet tells me that she has an abundance of worms - go figure, and then I felt so dumb lol. After that I read up on it found out how common it was.

Anyhow he sounds like a cutie! Good luck with obedience training. Those classes seem like a lot of fun
Back to top Go down
Azurebluedolphin
Newborn
Newborn
Azurebluedolphin

Female Join date : 2013-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Malfoy finally 'woke up'   Malfoy finally 'woke up' EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 1:24 am

Cash had worms when I first took him as well. I absolutely freaked out because I didn't realize they were so common. I never saw much in his poop but he only has one round of dewormer left. He also has/had giardia which is a whole other round of fun. But he's so worth it.
Back to top Go down
kevo
Adult
Adult
kevo

PostSubject: Re: Malfoy finally 'woke up'   Malfoy finally 'woke up' EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 3:44 am

Glad to hear Malfoy is coming around. I was shocked how calm he was with the pack checking him out over here. Glad to hear he is liking the crate. It will be great if he is like cali, she will swing the door open, walk in, and pull the door behind her when she wants her time. Steve and sophie love their crate, they are in it most the time unless i am TRYING to sleep. sammy is okay with his, but i am go in with him and he has to be near me all the time.
Back to top Go down
Mishka'sMom
Teenager
Teenager
Mishka'sMom

PostSubject: Re: Malfoy finally 'woke up'   Malfoy finally 'woke up' EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:12 pm

He's so chubby and cute!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malfoy finally 'woke up'   Malfoy finally 'woke up' Empty

Back to top Go down

Malfoy finally 'woke up'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1