It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Puke and Poop reversed?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
vegeta819
Teenager
Teenager
vegeta819

Male Join date : 2013-01-31

Puke and Poop reversed?! Empty
PostSubject: Puke and Poop reversed?!   Puke and Poop reversed?! EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 5:38 pm

So that might be a little misleading, he didn't puke his poop. However, Vegeta just puked up easily his entire breakfast and what little he has eaten of his luncch. Right before that he tried to go poop outside and could only manage a little dribble. He's been acting fine all day, a little more whiny than usual but I thought it was because he hadn't been able to play as much as usual the past few days because of rain and wanted some play time. He also has been peeing excessively today. He got a hold of a piece of crust from pizza two nights ago by accident, could that just be stopping him up if he didn't chew it all the way? Also should I call the vet or give it a little time before I take that step. Like I said he's been lively today and not lethargic. He's being lathargicish (idk if that's a word) right now but we did just come inside from a good walk and play session so he could just be tired.
Back to top Go down
vegeta819
Teenager
Teenager
vegeta819

PostSubject: Re: Puke and Poop reversed?!   Puke and Poop reversed?! EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:14 pm

Also, apparently my roommate gave him an Oreo yesterday and part of an Oatmeal Creme Pie today....could that be affecting him? (Well, not letting him puppy sit anymore)
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Puke and Poop reversed?!   Puke and Poop reversed?! EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:43 pm

Oreos oh yeah that can do. Chocolate is not good for dogs no matter how "fake" it is.hope the little guy feels better soon. Make sure he drinking too.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Puke and Poop reversed?!   Puke and Poop reversed?! EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 6:44 pm

yeah people food would do that! go on a bland diet of chicken and see if he gets better, or do a 24hr fast then the band food and see.

Teenager
Teenager
vegeta819

PostSubject: Re: Puke and Poop reversed?!   Puke and Poop reversed?! EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:08 pm

Alright so no need to super freak out just yet? Just get him off his food for a day, let him flush it out, give him lots of water, and see how he is tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Puke and Poop reversed?!   Puke and Poop reversed?! EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:12 pm

if he seems "normal" other then the puke and poo give it a day, but yes make sure he is still drinking water and just keep an eye on him. if he does get lethargic call the vet.

Adult
Adult
eander83

PostSubject: Re: Puke and Poop reversed?!   Puke and Poop reversed?! EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:16 pm

Puppies can dehydrate quickly with puking and liquid poop. So if he isnt drinking you may have a problem. But yes no need to freak out yet. Like jennifer said bland diet. Just watch him for any major changes. My future brother in law fed his yorkiepoo taco bell it was bad but he survived.
Back to top Go down
vegeta819
Teenager
Teenager
vegeta819

PostSubject: Re: Puke and Poop reversed?!   Puke and Poop reversed?! EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:22 pm

Alrighty. If he isn't drinking should I call the vet?
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Puke and Poop reversed?!   Puke and Poop reversed?! EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 8:26 pm

vegeta819 wrote:
Alrighty. If he isn't drinking should I call the vet?
YES, anything that is NOT normal behavior call ur vet, if he is still puking and liquid poo he may need an IV of fluids or else he can get much sicker if not drinking his normal amount

Adult
Adult
eander83

PostSubject: Re: Puke and Poop reversed?!   Puke and Poop reversed?! EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:20 pm

Yes please contact your vet asap
Back to top Go down
Garebear
Teenager
Teenager
Garebear

Male Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Puke and Poop reversed?!   Puke and Poop reversed?! EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 11:48 pm

And slap your room mate for feeding your dog that crap Smile
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

PostSubject: Re: Puke and Poop reversed?!   Puke and Poop reversed?! EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 12:21 am

Better yet make him pay the vet bill and say this is why we dont give people food like oreos and oatmeal pies
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Puke and Poop reversed?!   Puke and Poop reversed?! EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 2:38 am

When was the last bowel movement? If he hasn't pooped yet I hope you have been in contact with your vet. This sounds like a blockage Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
vegeta819
Teenager
Teenager
vegeta819

PostSubject: Re: Puke and Poop reversed?!   Puke and Poop reversed?! EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 5:52 am

He just pooped for the first time since I originally posted this. It was loose, about 1/3 the usual size, a dark brown and was the most rancid smell (tmi I know). He still isn't eating or drinking but he's up and moving around like usual. His stomach keeps making TONS of noise, like squishy sounds (if that makes sense?), like something is clearly going on in there. We're going to the vet at 9 (so in 6 hours) and just wanted to give an update. I hope it's not a blockage, it'd break my bank and then smash the pieces into dust if I had to pay for surgery.
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

PostSubject: Re: Puke and Poop reversed?!   Puke and Poop reversed?! EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 12:32 pm

Let us know how the little one is doing after the vet.
Back to top Go down
vegeta819
Teenager
Teenager
vegeta819

PostSubject: Re: Puke and Poop reversed?!   Puke and Poop reversed?! EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 1:01 pm

Just got back from the vet. He has coccidia. The vet did a fecal and it came back with that. She gave me some meds for the little guy and hopefully he'll be back up and running soon. We didn't do a parvo test but if he doesn't get better or gets lethargic again we're going to go back in and do one. He's back to his normal wild obnoxious self and just drank a little water so hopefully crisis avoided.
Back to top Go down
eander83
Adult
Adult
eander83

PostSubject: Re: Puke and Poop reversed?!   Puke and Poop reversed?! EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 1:11 pm

Glad he is feeling better. You can give him some sodium-free dilutaed chicken broth it see if he drinks a little more.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

PostSubject: Re: Puke and Poop reversed?!   Puke and Poop reversed?! EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 1:12 pm

Glad u got him to the vet! Hope he will be on the mend now, still tell ur friends NO people food unless is fresh things like veggies, fruit,meat with nothing added!

Adult
Adult
Keyda81

Female Join date : 2012-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Puke and Poop reversed?!   Puke and Poop reversed?! EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 1:32 pm

Oh coccidia. I dealt with that when I first got Lucian. It took 2 rounds of medication to get rid of it. So I would suggest taking a stool sample in for a recheck in a month, just to be sure it's gone. Glad you found out what it was. I'm sure the oreo and oatmeal creme pie didn't help any either. But it got him a trip to the vet, and thus found the coccidia. So it may have been a blessing in disguise. Smile
Back to top Go down
jschrader
Adult
Adult
jschrader

Male Join date : 2012-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Puke and Poop reversed?!   Puke and Poop reversed?! EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 12:20 pm

Glad he is doing better! Yukon was sick this past weekend, had diarrhea starting Saturday, then vomited many times on Saturday and was moping around and being more lethargic than usual. He ended up getting better and by yesterday he was back to his normal self! His poo is still mushy but other than that he is good!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Puke and Poop reversed?!   Puke and Poop reversed?! Empty

Back to top Go down

Puke and Poop reversed?!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1