It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Peaches Update

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kelli0713
Teenager
Teenager
Kelli0713

Female Join date : 2013-02-16

Peaches Update Empty
PostSubject: Peaches Update   Peaches Update EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 3:50 pm

Peaches is doing GREAT! Night 2 of no screaming or howling. I put her to bed at 10pm without a sound, took her to potty at 12:30, she whined for about 6-7 minutes, out again at 3am, back in without a peep and then up at 5:30.

When she is inside she is really lazy, so lazy that she doesn't even stand to eat. She plays, but not for long and nothing like a puppy should. When I take her out to potty it's like she just finished a can of red bull. She loves being outside, she's going to be so sad when the snow is gone. She's a true snow dog. I can't even get her to come back in, I have to pick her up and carry her inside.

I'm sure she will never been any type of guard dog. I had her out last night before bed and a kid walked across our back yard, she freaked out. She climbed the steps and back in the house within a few seconds.

I have been working on leaving her out of the crate all day and just putting her in while I'm away (which I haven't been yet), in the shower and at night. She loves out family room. As soon as she wakes up (from the crate) I take her to potty, she will stop at her crate, pick up a toy and take it to the family room. I let her sleep on the family room floor this morning and then for her second nap she sleep in the crate, she did great. I heard her yelling while I was in the shower but as soon as I said "quiet" she was fine. Did whine a little but no screaming.

She now sits really quiet before I open the crate and doesn't rush the door and more. She doesn't tell me when she has to potty yet and had an accident (pee) on the floor this morning. We are working on that but she's still so small so I'm sure it will be a little while. She does know what the word potty is, as soon as I take her out and say potty she will squat to pee. lol

Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

Peaches Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peaches Update   Peaches Update EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 4:45 pm

Glad to hear things have been progressing so much! I hope the potty training comes along similarly, but I know it just takes time. Smile

seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

Peaches Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peaches Update   Peaches Update EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 4:46 pm

Yes, good news! Congrats Kelli Smile Now the fun begins......well, almost. After about a week with Link is when he hit a mental development spurt and he bacame more playful and alert and engaged. If Peaches is a week behind normal (you got her at 7 weeks right?), maybe it'll be a bit further out.

The first week was rough. We couldn't tell if he hated us or was just dumb, turns out it was neither rendeer
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Kelli0713
Teenager
Teenager
Kelli0713

Peaches Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peaches Update   Peaches Update EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 5:10 pm

seattlesibe wrote:

The first week was rough. We couldn't tell if he hated us or was just dumb, turns out it was neither rendeer

This made me laugh so hard. My husband said the same thing about Peaches. lol!
Yes, we got her at 7 weeks. she will be 8 weeks Monday.

We are working on her with the cat, Waffle by the way hates her. We have agreed that the upstairs will be off limits to Peaches. My daughter has a rabbit in her room and that is a safe haven for the cat. She is doing really well. The first couple of days she would climb the steps after Waffle. Now she will go to the bottom of the steps and just sit there watching. Every time she puts her head of front paws on the bottom step we say no and remove her. She's getting it. Smile

She's like a new dog when my daughter is around. She hasn't really played all day but was soon as Tasha got home from school she is going crazy. Guess I'm not much fun. lol
Back to top Go down
Kelli0713
Teenager
Teenager
Kelli0713

Peaches Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peaches Update   Peaches Update EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 5:14 pm

simplify wrote:
Glad to hear things have been progressing so much! I hope the potty training comes along similarly, but I know it just takes time. Smile

How is Mishka getting along? I would love to see new pictures of her. She looks like she has the same markings as Peaches

Peaches Update 601246_3871997897012_521283906_n
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

Peaches Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peaches Update   Peaches Update EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 5:14 pm

They're so funny about that kind of thing.

Sometimes Pippa pouts and wants nothing to do with me, but the second my brother gets home she gets out of her mind excited and wants to play for hours.
Back to top Go down
Kelli0713
Teenager
Teenager
Kelli0713

Peaches Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peaches Update   Peaches Update EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 5:22 pm

She hasn't stopped moving/playing since my daughter got home an hour ago. My daughter's will be 9 this month, she has the energy to keep up so I guess it's a good thing she "likes" her more. lol
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

Peaches Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peaches Update   Peaches Update EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 6:05 pm

Kelli0713 wrote:
simplify wrote:

How is Mishka getting along? I would love to see new pictures of her. She looks like she has the same markings as Peaches

https://2img.net/h/i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx206/kellirelayforlife/Peaches/601246_3871997897012_521283906_n.jpg

Mishka is actually a boy. XD I'm sure I'll be getting that a lot though. Lol.

I bring him home Saturday so I'm sure I"ll be going through all the same hair pulling that you are right now very soon!

Kelli0713
Teenager
Teenager
Kelli0713

Peaches Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peaches Update   Peaches Update EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 6:30 pm

I'm sorry Ashleigh, I didn't realize Mishka was a boy, I'll try to remember that. I can't wait to see pictures. I had a really rough 3 nights with Peaches. Might be more to come, you never know. Once you get past the sleepless nights and the screaming for hours it will be fun. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Peaches Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peaches Update   Peaches Update Empty

Back to top Go down

Peaches Update

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1