It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello from South Carolina!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Papabear
Puppy
Puppy
Papabear

Male Join date : 2013-03-09

Hello from South Carolina! Empty
PostSubject: Hello from South Carolina!   Hello from South Carolina! EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 9:54 pm

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking these forums for months but finally decided to join. There's a lot of great info here, and it's awesome that you are all fellow husky owners. We all understand the "joys" of husky ownership. Very Happy

I have two pups....

Tia is around 7 years old, which is only a best guess. I think she was around 3 when I adopted her during my college days. She's a husky/chow mix, and the only reason I know that is because I had my vet give her a Wisdom Panel blood test. She's extremely well-behaved and has been a wonderful companion. Daddy's spoiled little girl...

Hello from South Carolina! 7522151058_ca4c5d6e59_c
Hello from South Carolina! 8456024097_da6b0963ff_c

It's been just the two of us for four years, and I finally decided it was time to adopt a second one. I eyed one from a husky rescue in Asheville, but as it so happened the foster mom couldn't give him up. Literally the next day a new guy popped up on their website. He had no name and was rescued as a stray. It took a few weeks but after learning his personality I named him Loki.....after the Norse god of mischief and chaos. Laughing He's a playful little guy that we think is just over a year old. Since adopting him I've noticed a huge difference in Tia's energy levels. She acts like a kid again!

This is the adoption picture that sold me:
Hello from South Carolina! 8543718090_5ca3293663_z
Hello from South Carolina! 8331262283_34525b3ff8_c

Hopefully I can contribute to the forums. I already plan on doing a full review on Alpine Outfitters Urban Trail harness. I've seen a few brief reviews but no real good pictures or anything. They should (hopefully) be here sometime next week.

These two are my best buds, but I'm sure you guys know how I feel. I'm glad to finally join up!

Hello from South Carolina! 8092364572_20ec3ac659_b
Hello from South Carolina! 8273096201_0fc907e9e6_b
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Carolina!   Hello from South Carolina! EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:13 pm

Welcome to the pack! Your pack is gorgeous! Also, your last picture has solved one of my questions - you CAN put two walky dogs on two sides of a bike!

If I may ask - how hard is it to handle both of them on the bike?

Last edited by Mobezilla on Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
darbear
Puppy
Puppy
darbear

Female Join date : 2013-03-04

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Carolina!   Hello from South Carolina! EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 10:31 pm

Welcome to the forums! LIke me I took awhile to register.
But I love your bike set up! When Watson gets a bit older I'd love to get a set up like that for him and Darwin.
Back to top Go down
Papabear
Puppy
Puppy
Papabear

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Carolina!   Hello from South Carolina! EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 11:34 pm

Thanks for the welcome, Megan & Liz!

Yep, you can put two Walky Dogs on at the same time. The hardest thing is hooking them up. I have to hold both Walky Dog handles (with them attached) in my left hand while wheeling my bike out the door with my right hand. If they try to pull or go separate directions it can get tough to hold on with one hand. Once they are on the bike it's no problem at all. They pull to the side a little bit, like Tia in the picture above. The only issue there is that the harnesses spin to their sides. That's why I ordered the Alpine Outfitters harnesses with side d-rings.

One thing to note is that Loki was strong enough to spin my seat. The Walky Dog clamps to the seat post very well, but when Loki saw squirrels and jerked my seat post would spin a little to the side. I couldn't get it tight enough inside the frame to stop it, so I had to pin my bike seat in place. Now I don't have any issues. Something to think about if Yuki is strong.
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Carolina!   Hello from South Carolina! EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 11:39 pm

Ah, good note! Cloud is 19.5 pounds, and he is just now turning a year old so I only ordered one Walky Dog Plus for him. Yuki is still 7 and a half months and I won't be biking her for a few months yet Smile Once she turns a year it will be interesting adding her into the mix though, lol.
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Carolina!   Hello from South Carolina! EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 11:39 pm

Welcome! Both you're dog's a beautiful and the picture of the two of them on the mountain is gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
Papabear
Puppy
Puppy
Papabear

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Carolina!   Hello from South Carolina! EmptySat Mar 09, 2013 11:55 pm

Thanks, Kelly! I've made it a yearly ritual to visit the Blue Ridge Parkway during the fall season. It's beautiful with the seasonal color change. That picture is from our trip last year.
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Carolina!   Hello from South Carolina! EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 12:06 am

They are gorgeous pups!!! I can't wait to see more pictures!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Carolina!   Hello from South Carolina! EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 12:48 am

Welcome! Your pups are gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Carolina!   Hello from South Carolina! EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 12:59 am

Welcome! They are both beautiful! Love Loki's coloring.

Have to agree about the Blue Ridge Parkway photo. It's always gorgeous in the fall.
Back to top Go down
SkylerWest
Teenager
Teenager
SkylerWest

Male Join date : 2012-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Carolina!   Hello from South Carolina! EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:48 pm

All the new people are closer and closer to me. Welcome, I might get that husky meet up after all lol.
Back to top Go down
eluke81
Puppy
Puppy
eluke81

Female Join date : 2012-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Carolina!   Hello from South Carolina! EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:54 pm

they are both beautiful - and Loki has a wolf like look in the 1 pic - I LOVE LOVE LOVE the mountain pic of the 2 of them - they are standing almost identically........ do you trust them off leash??? and Tia has her shoes on - so cute!!! Welocme - keep the pics coming!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Papabear
Puppy
Puppy
Papabear

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Carolina!   Hello from South Carolina! EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:57 pm

Thanks, everyone! Glad to be here.

eluke81 wrote:
they are both beautiful - and Loki has a wolf like look in the 1 pic - I LOVE LOVE LOVE the mountain pic of the 2 of them - they are standing almost identically........ do you trust them off leash??? and Tia has her shoes on - so cute!!! Welocme - keep the pics coming!!!!!
Not a chance! I had their leashes running between them and then down behind the rocks. Took a minute but managed to hide them from the pic. Luckily they stayed still long enough to snap this.
Back to top Go down
eluke81
Puppy
Puppy
eluke81

Female Join date : 2012-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Carolina!   Hello from South Carolina! EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 1:58 pm

glad to hear that!!!!! never off leash!!!!!!!! that my motto!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Carolina!   Hello from South Carolina! EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 2:04 pm

Welcome I love your dogs they are beautiful.. I the biking picture with both.. I wanted to but due to some issues My family says I really shouldn't. The mountain pictures is great love it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from South Carolina!   Hello from South Carolina! Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from South Carolina!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1