It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

How to throw a doggy birthday party?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

Female Join date : 2012-05-31

How to throw a doggy birthday party?  Empty
PostSubject: How to throw a doggy birthday party?    How to throw a doggy birthday party?  EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 4:51 pm

So Freya is 1 in the 20th April. (I want to cry, it's gone waaaay too fast) and I got her birthday present yesterday - a new dog tag - it's pink nad glittery with 'it's all about me' written in silver then on hte back I've got her name and my contact details.
It's exceptionally cute and very 'Freya'.

I was wondering what I do to throw a doggy party?
We dont have dog bakerys around here, in fact I'd never heard of them until I got on this site.
I was thinking of baking her a meatloaf of something. Or doing meatloaf cupcakes for her?

She's having 2 friends over, her BFF Shadow, a spaniel x retriever and another friend, Jaffa, a boxer x ridgeback. I'm going to do doggy bags (as apposed to lolly bags like at a kids party) with toys adn treats.

How does one throw a 1st birthday party for their most precious pooch?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pages/For-the-Love-of-Readi
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: How to throw a doggy birthday party?    How to throw a doggy birthday party?  EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 6:52 pm

Gotta follow this! My Cloudy boy is 1 in 6 days and I just DON'T know what to do for him! I've already got his birthday presents (Julius K9 Harness, a new tag, and a new collar/leash) although only the harness has arrived so far.
Back to top Go down
5woofs
Puppy
Puppy
5woofs

Female Join date : 2013-03-04

PostSubject: Re: How to throw a doggy birthday party?    How to throw a doggy birthday party?  EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 8:39 pm

We don't throw a party per se, but each year on their birthdays, we make or buy something just for them/their day. The birthday boy/girl also gets a fancy party collar (we started that just recently). They have fun Smile I'd say the meatloaf based pupcakes were the ABSOLUTE favorite. With 5 big dogs and my mom's chihuahua, we don't need to invite friends over for a party, but that would be fun! Or even having the party at a dog park or something! Party for the dogs, bbq for the humans? Smile

River's 1st b-day!
How to throw a doggy birthday party?  IMG_0985

River's 2nd b-day!
How to throw a doggy birthday party?  IMG_2020

River's 3rd b-day!
How to throw a doggy birthday party?  IMG_3267

River's 4th b-day!
How to throw a doggy birthday party?  IMG_3363-1

Timber's 1st b-day!
How to throw a doggy birthday party?  IMG_09162

How to throw a doggy birthday party?  IMG_0922
Back to top Go down
Dot
Senior
Senior
Dot

Female Join date : 2012-10-25

PostSubject: Re: How to throw a doggy birthday party?    How to throw a doggy birthday party?  EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 8:48 pm

Loving the party collar haha.

Maybe a doggy pool for her and her friends in the back yard? Everyone likes a pool party. Or you could take her to her favorite place, be that a park or trail, etc.?
I love the idea of goody bags!
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

PostSubject: Re: How to throw a doggy birthday party?    How to throw a doggy birthday party?  EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 10:24 pm

The party collar is a great idea. I love that.
We dont have a dog park any where around here, as with hte dog bakery I'd never heard of one until I came here.

I'm thinking I might do a treasure hunt for the girls. Hide lots ot treats and toys all around the back yard and through the house and let them go find them. It'll be like a party game.
Back to top Go down
5woofs
Puppy
Puppy
5woofs

Female Join date : 2013-03-04

PostSubject: Re: How to throw a doggy birthday party?    How to throw a doggy birthday party?  EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 10:55 pm

That's a great idea! I'll often take liver treats and hide them around the house, blocking the dogs in one room while I hide them. I open the door and yell "GO FIND!" and they LOVE IT! Keeps 'em busy for a bit!
Back to top Go down
Mink
Puppy
Puppy
Mink

Female Join date : 2013-02-06

PostSubject: Re: How to throw a doggy birthday party?    How to throw a doggy birthday party?  EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 12:38 am

I always wanted to have a bday party for my dog, heck even my hamsters as a kid lol.
I kept saying every year that I wanted to throw a party for my GSD but never got to for one reason or another.

For my GSD's 12th BDay I had a party, big milestone and all especially for him.
Basically like a BBQ - had a grill with burgers and hot dogs, and some tables, chairs and tents set up in my back yard, ice chest with soda etc.
I also had each guest bring 1 side dish. Mostly people stuff but my GSD and the dogs that came each got a plain hamburger.
Everyone gave Ruger lots of special attention, he ate it up.
I didn't have much money or resources, so didn't have dog cake or anything, but everyone brought a gift for my dog. ^_^

A few people called me crazy, but i'm very glad I did it.
My GSD passed away 4 weeks later, and some of my friends and family that came to the party I feel understood a little more what a big loss it is for me.
Sometimes people use the term Heart-dog, he was my heart-dog. ^_^

Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

PostSubject: Re: How to throw a doggy birthday party?    How to throw a doggy birthday party?  EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 1:27 am

I love that term 'Heart-Dog' That would discribe Freya to a T.
She's so much more than a companion. My mum calls Freya her Grandpup. But doesnt quite understand why I am going to celebrate her birthday.
My son (who has many a medical issue) wished for her, she is his wish come true. That in it'self is reason enough for me to celebrate the day of her birth.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: How to throw a doggy birthday party?    How to throw a doggy birthday party?  EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 1:50 am

I baked Embry a peanut butter carrot cake for his first birthday Smile

1 cup white or whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 cup shredded carrots
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup honey
1 egg

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C)

Mix together flour and baking soda. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour into a ring mold sprayed with a nonstick spray. Bake for approximately 40 minutes.

Once cake is cool, frost cake with low fat cottage cheese and decorate with carrot pieces. Store in refrigerator for up to one week, or slice thinly and freeze in individual plastic baggies.
Back to top Go down
Freya's Mummy
Adult
Adult
Freya's Mummy

PostSubject: Re: How to throw a doggy birthday party?    How to throw a doggy birthday party?  EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 3:57 am

thanks for the recipe Jannet, unfortunatelly my eldest son is allergic to nuts so we cant have them in the house and Freya gets an upset tummy when she eats anything that contains wheat/flour.
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: How to throw a doggy birthday party?    How to throw a doggy birthday party?  EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 10:59 am

Check out my post on sierras party we had last week, melissa is a queen at parties as well. I have a post call so you want to make dog treats, look it up lots of things to make for them, bones or pupcakes.
I made a bday bandana for them and they get a special treat that day, as well as a ton more treats then anyother day. I'm sure they have no idea why but it makes us happy and I'm sure all the extras makes them happy to!
I wish I would have gotten a family pic at the park but was not thinking about it. So try to get a pic you can frame Smile

Teenager
Teenager
dbingham12

Female Join date : 2012-06-07

PostSubject: Re: How to throw a doggy birthday party?    How to throw a doggy birthday party?  EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 11:25 am

For Saphire's first birthday, we went on a hike on her favorite trail and then came home and she got a special dinner (Plain hamburger patty, kibble, and a little gravy) and opened birthday gifts and played with all the new gifts. It was just her, me and my daughter but it was just something special to remember her day. (We also do this for our cats but substitute the hamburger for tuna and no gravy and well no hike because they don't like that kind of stuff).
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: How to throw a doggy birthday party?    How to throw a doggy birthday party?  EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 5:28 pm

One of the things our shelter out here does is a wag-in-walk and a game they play is fishing for hot dogs. Since you'll have a doggie pool anyways, toss some hot dogs in it and let the pups have at it!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to throw a doggy birthday party?    How to throw a doggy birthday party?  Empty

Back to top Go down

How to throw a doggy birthday party?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1