It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Favorite Harness?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ashtonjarrett
Puppy
Puppy
Ashtonjarrett

Male Join date : 2013-02-19

Favorite Harness? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Harness?   Favorite Harness? EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 8:07 pm

So I've been browsing the forum on harnesses. I'm thinking of going with an alpine standard harness; not the fancy X back for carting.

Anyone else have any great success with any other brands?

Baron is 9 months old and I plan on getting him one around a year if it's not an adjustable one.
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Female Join date : 2012-08-08

Favorite Harness? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Harness?   Favorite Harness? EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 8:18 pm

I've been waiting to order an Urban Trail harness from AO to make sure that she's done growing, but I've pretty much decided on that one when I do order her one.

Until then, I've been using this one I got from Petsmart. I've had it for about 5 months and have been pretty impressed with the quality and it's essentially the same as the urban trail harness without the padding. It's been great for jogging and stuff until I get her a custom made one.
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Favorite Harness? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Harness?   Favorite Harness? EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 8:19 pm

katiesham wrote:
I've been waiting to order an Urban Trail harness from AO to make sure that she's done growing, but I've pretty much decided on that one when I do order her one.

Until then, I've been using this one I got from Petsmart. I've had it for about 5 months and have been pretty impressed with the quality and it's essentially the same as the urban trail harness without the padding. It's been great for jogging and stuff until I get her a custom made one.

Ruffwear also has great products, although I've never used their harnesses, but they're adjustable.
Back to top Go down
Papabear
Puppy
Puppy
Papabear

Male Join date : 2013-03-09

Favorite Harness? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Harness?   Favorite Harness? EmptySun Mar 10, 2013 11:59 pm

I've been switching between the Ruffwear Webmaster harness and the EzyDog Chest Plate harness on my two pups. It depends on what we're doing, but the Ruffwear I've used more for hiking and the EzyDog I've used for general purpose & biking.

I have two Alpine Urban Trail harnesses on order. They will be here within the next two weeks, and I plan on doing a full review once they come in.
Back to top Go down
vegeta819
Teenager
Teenager
vegeta819

Male Join date : 2013-01-31

Favorite Harness? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Harness?   Favorite Harness? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 12:02 am

katiesham wrote:

I have been using a very similar one from Petco. It's adjustable, fairly durable and super cheap. I'm using it on Vegeta until I'm 90% positive he isn't growing much more then I'm gonna drop the $$$ for a nice permanent one.
Back to top Go down
katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Favorite Harness? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Harness?   Favorite Harness? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 12:14 am

I have no idea why I quoted myself to add that. Thought I just edited the post. I'm a genius, clearly.

Forgot to mention EzyDog for sure! Lots of people I know enjoy those a lot. I almost bought the Convert Harness in December, but decided to wait.
Back to top Go down
Mink
Puppy
Puppy
Mink

Female Join date : 2013-02-06

Favorite Harness? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Harness?   Favorite Harness? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 1:06 am

I tried many different harnesses with my Bichon who thinks he is on a sled team when he walks lol.
Not really pulling as much as walking with a purpose. He can be a little shy so slipped his collar a couple times.

Anyhow, I fell in love with a leash & harness set we found at Petco, its a Ceasar Millan brand, but the leash is so comfy and the harness is just awesome. Its a step-into harness and has worked great.
He has a red one with light blue and black plaid-like pattern on it. i went back later and got the collar to match so he's snazzy. ^_^

We just went today and were looking for these things for Cadance, we kept an open mind and checked out a lot of nifty gear, but ended up going with the Ceasar Millan for her too, in Ice blue with purple and yellow plaid pattern. I especially love the matching leash, we didn't find any others like it.

I'm not a Ceasar fanatic by a long shot, I'm kinda neutral, but this gear just happens to be ingenious.
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

Favorite Harness? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Harness?   Favorite Harness? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 1:09 am

I love my custom x-backs from Alpine Outfitters, but just for daily walking, I like my Ezydog Chestplate harnesses.
Back to top Go down
AdamK
Teenager
Teenager
AdamK

Male Join date : 2012-05-26

Favorite Harness? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Harness?   Favorite Harness? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 2:08 pm

i bought shadows at petsmart for like 30 bucks. Its the kong one and he loves it and it is very sturdy. Def. interested in the x backs though for long pulling.
Back to top Go down
simplify
Senior
Senior
simplify

Female Join date : 2012-08-02

Favorite Harness? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Harness?   Favorite Harness? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 4:36 pm

Looking at the Lupine harnesses since I've seen them recommended so much on the forum. Would ya'll recommend one of those step-in harnesses or the Roman harness?

I'll probably go buy him a cheapish one since his girth is already 18". Most of them seem to cap out at that size in whatever size. I do eventually want to get a Ruffwear harness/pack or even a custom one when he gets older.

For right now I just need something that he won't be boinging back on when he decides to take off when outside. I've already flipped him over a few times from that. >.<

katiesham
Adult
Adult
katiesham

Favorite Harness? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Harness?   Favorite Harness? EmptyMon Mar 11, 2013 4:42 pm

I would go with the Roman style harness just because I have an easier time getting them on. Some might say the same for the step in harnesses, but Pippa acts like an idiot when she realizes we're going running.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favorite Harness? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Harness?   Favorite Harness? Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite Harness?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1