It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend Empty
PostSubject: State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend   State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 5:14 pm

So Ken and I rented a cabin at the state forest for Friday night (my b-day) and then Eddy and his crew decided to meet us up there as well on fri night, they found a huge camp site to stay in. i got up there first and took 2 small hikes with the dogs and looked at some camp sites for Eddy, the dogs were having a great time. Ken showed up later that night (don't get me started on that) and we had dinner and cooked some smore's over the fire. the dogs were not nearly as crazy as they were last year and i was so thankful for that. we got up early on Sat packed up the cabin and went to find the crew, figures they were in the last place we checked (no cell phone reception unless you drove out to the gravel pit) we got everyone geared up and headed up the dry dirt road. we were headed to ruby jewel lake, or at least the yurt up there. we never made it we hit to much snow, all though we kept hearing how if it was just Eddy and him mom they would have made it. so we cut through a green and soggy meadow back down to the dirt road, some things happened in this meadow but i will let Eddy tell you all about that Smile we ended back at the camp site way sooner then we had hoped but oh well. ken and i set up camp and we all hung around the fire pit till the wind stopped to build a fire. we were also visited by the park ranger who "was just letting us know for the future" but only 2 tents and 6 people were aloud at the camp site and we had 4 tents 9 people and 5 1/2 dogs. oh and no liquor, they had hid it before he got out of the truck. the rest of the night was spent telling stories, making fun, eating dinner, eating cake and staring at the stars and satellites. let me just say that this crew knows how to make a fire and it was great! we went to bed while most were still up but i did not get much sleep that night and it was not cause of the dogs as they were fast asleep on there blankets. it was because of the story of eddy jumping out of the tent early sat morning to coyotes in the camp site that he was ready to shoot! i just lied awake waiting to hear them by the tent, early sun morning they did start howling and barking but they were not near us so the made me feel somewhat better. but i did hear something out there. we got up Sunday packed up camp and said good by to the group and headed back to Denver to go to the next birthday event. on the car ride home jack got sick and puked in the front of the car on my handbag and then again that night and this morning, im not sure if it was from not eating much, or the heat, or the curvy road we were driving but he ate this morning so i hope he is better. we can't wait to go again and hopefully climb a mountain. ok now on to the pictures Smile
State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend P6031189
hey mom where are we going that is taking forever?
State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend P6041190
State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend P6041197
State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend P6041198
State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend P6041199
State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend P6041201
this is my bed!
State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend P6041203
ken with the dogs
State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend P6041204
the group heading up
State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend P6041206
State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend P6041207
family picture
State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend P6041210
nothing like finding a bone to chew on while hiking!
State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend P6051211
lets wrap our leads around the trees!
State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend P6051212
our tent and jack chilling, sierra's passed out
State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend P6051213
who was laying in the dirt?
State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend P6051214
State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend P6051221
talk about a fire! it only got bigger.
State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend P6051217
yum...cake
State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend P6051220
State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend P6061224
who was tired on the drive home?
State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend P6061226
they were so cute, and so asleep. i took the pic while driving, it took me a few shots but i got it, they work up and moved like a min later.

The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend   State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 5:49 pm

jbealer wrote:
...some things happened in this meadow but i will let Eddy tell you all about that...

I'll get to my pics and post sometime after this massive cleanup (Thursday?). Let's just say I have almost zero experience hiking below 10,000 feet, and now we have a little bit more. It was as if the dogs had never camped before.

You got some good shots there. It's a really nice area, but Clark and Cameron are gonna have to happen from the Blue Lake side. State parks are like having your hand held.

Here's the first pic I took as we approached Cameron Pass...
State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend IMG_1930

That's where he was almost the entire trip screeching in my ear for 90 something miles straight. Mad
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend   State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 6:10 pm

Jack was more behaved on this car ride then any other we have taken him on (also the longest), he was all most not on my nerves at all. it also helped i stuck the cooler on the front seat so he could not sit there, that really pissed him off. except for the getting sick part, he was a good boy.

PostSubject: Re: State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend   State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend Empty

Back to top Go down

State Forest, State Park CO. aka my 30th b-day weekend

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1