It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

All stage dog food

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
soul embrace
Teenager
Teenager
soul embrace

Male Join date : 2013-01-04

All stage dog food Empty
PostSubject: All stage dog food   All stage dog food EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 8:46 am

I have a 2 year old husky mix and an almost 4 month old husky and I was thinking about just buying a good quality all stages dog food instead of buying adult food and puppy food.

What is some good all stages dog food out there?

Thank you
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

All stage dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: All stage dog food   All stage dog food EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 9:10 am

Oh I would love to look into this myself with a 10.5y, 5y, and 7 mo old.
I am currently looking into Simply Nourish and Nutro Ultra was looking into Blue Buf but I am leary between the high cal and the comments on gas/stinkies. The two brand I am looking at are level 4 on the dogadvisor which is better that what i currently do I did not know my current dog food was so low rated. Embarassed

soul embrace
Teenager
Teenager
soul embrace

All stage dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: All stage dog food   All stage dog food EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 9:25 am

I have mine on blue buffalo but its not a all life stage dog food. My husky mix does good on it but the puppy has semi soft stool and it stinks pretty bad so I'm looking to change food. Was thinking it maybe easier to just do an all life stage dog food.

If I decide to do adult and puppy food was thinking of trying earthbound holistic

Was thinking of trying with EVO or Merrick.
Back to top Go down
bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Female Join date : 2012-09-21

All stage dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: All stage dog food   All stage dog food EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 9:47 am

I feed Taste of the Wild. I had Lola on the puppy food until someone on the forum suggested moving her to the regular food because it is all stages.

Colleen- they have this brand at Jacks Pet Store. More expensive than some brands, less expensive than others. Jacks has buy 11 bags, get the next one free.
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

All stage dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: All stage dog food   All stage dog food EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 9:53 am

Yeah my situation is a little different so I am just gonna watch and see what is reccomended or keep researching with dogfoodadvisor. Earthbound Holistic is hard for me to find. I want to stick to a store and not buy online. I hear that EVO is suppose to be good. Sarah I will check the Jacks Pet ...I normally do Petsmart but I think there is a Jacks in Middletown and in West Chester so that would be good. TOTW will definately check thanks Sarah. If I did that then I could probably change food now rather than wait until Bourbon is 10 mo? That is when it was told to me to change him to adult.

bellecma
Teenager
Teenager
bellecma

Female Join date : 2012-09-21

All stage dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: All stage dog food   All stage dog food EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 10:00 am

I think Lo was nine months when I switched her. Jacks also carries earthbound.
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

All stage dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: All stage dog food   All stage dog food EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 10:01 am

Wow I really have to check out Jacks I was only finding Earthbound at feeds stores. Thanks. Hope this helps Eric too!

Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

All stage dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: All stage dog food   All stage dog food EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 1:29 pm

I feed my 3.5 year old, my 2.5 year old, my 1 year old and my 11 week old all TOTW
Back to top Go down
5woofs
Puppy
Puppy
5woofs

Female Join date : 2013-03-04

All stage dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: All stage dog food   All stage dog food EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 2:17 pm

All life stages food is wonderful! I am so thankful for it since I have multiple ages.

You do mean Earthborn Holistic correct? We use that and love it Smile We also love Canidae, but one of my newest ones can't have rice so we switched to Earthborn because their grain-free is cheaper than Canidae's.

I've heard Taste of the Wild is good too, but we've never tried it!
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

All stage dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: All stage dog food   All stage dog food EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 2:28 pm

bellecma wrote:
I feed Taste of the Wild. I had Lola on the puppy food until someone on the forum suggested moving her to the regular food because it is all stages.

Colleen- they have this brand at Jacks Pet Store. More expensive than some brands, less expensive than others. Jacks has buy 11 bags, get the next one free.

Yuki is still on the puppy food, but is the buy 11 bags get next free on the big 30 pound bags? I've been shopping at Pet Supplies Plus but I know where a Jack's Pets is and I've gotta say the way I go through dog food, one bag free is still pretty nice xD
Back to top Go down
HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

All stage dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: All stage dog food   All stage dog food EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 2:48 pm

My mom did this with litter and I think "I THINK" it is the 11th bag of the exact same item size and brand so it can be the large big bag.
I totally forgot about this definately think I am looking into TOTW change and Jacks change.

HuskyLear
Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

All stage dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: All stage dog food   All stage dog food EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 2:56 pm

just check the website for the available brands and noticed the weekly flyer calls it the Baker's Dozen Pet Food Club
•Receive Our Baker's Dozen Card
•Get a Punch for Each Purchase of Dog or Cat Food.
•Receive a FREE Bag of Dog or Cat Food after 12 punches
•Double-Punches With Emails & Sales
•See Sales Associate to Get Started!
Plus they have a birthday club for a free treat!
Cool

http://www.jackspets.com/Pet-Foods.aspx

soul embrace
Teenager
Teenager
soul embrace

All stage dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: All stage dog food   All stage dog food EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 3:31 pm

5woofs wrote:
You do mean Earthborn Holistic correct?

Yes sorry don't know why I spelt it the way I did, just found out about the food and was going by memory and I guess I thought that was the name.
Back to top Go down
5woofs
Puppy
Puppy
5woofs

Female Join date : 2013-03-04

All stage dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: All stage dog food   All stage dog food EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 3:33 pm

No worries, I was just wondering if there was another one out there that I didn't know about Smile
Back to top Go down
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

All stage dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: All stage dog food   All stage dog food EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 4:48 pm

I am sure Claudia will chime in on this thread, but it is really about Ca:P ratios for Puppies. The majority of puppy food is just a marketing scheme. We feed BBW and Acana very efficiently when feeding Cato and Delilah kibble.

This is a thread with the article stating necessary Ca:P ratios, per Claudia https://www.itsahuskything.com/t5569-cautiously-optimistic-with-blue-wilderness
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
mbarnard0429
Senior
Senior
mbarnard0429

Female Join date : 2011-08-07

All stage dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: All stage dog food   All stage dog food EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 4:49 pm

HuskyLear wrote:
just check the website for the available brands and noticed the weekly flyer calls it the Baker's Dozen Pet Food Club
•Receive Our Baker's Dozen Card
•Get a Punch for Each Purchase of Dog or Cat Food.
•Receive a FREE Bag of Dog or Cat Food after 12 punches
•Double-Punches With Emails & Sales
•See Sales Associate to Get Started!
Plus they have a birthday club for a free treat!
Cool

http://www.jackspets.com/Pet-Foods.aspx

Of these, I would only feed Fromm, Acana or BBW - which happen to be the pricier ones.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/mheath2
soul embrace
Teenager
Teenager
soul embrace

All stage dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: All stage dog food   All stage dog food EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 5:13 pm

mheath0429 wrote:
I am sure Claudia will chime in on this thread, but it is really about Ca:P ratios for Puppies. The majority of puppy food is just a marketing scheme. We feed BBW and Acana very efficiently when feeding Cato and Delilah kibble.

This is a thread with the article stating necessary Ca:P ratios, per Claudia https://www.itsahuskything.com/t5569-cautiously-optimistic-with-blue-wilderness

i was feeding Maya, the puppy, blue buffalo freedom and decided to switch her over to blue buffalo wilderness puppy since i started feeding Zoë, the husky mix, blue buffalo wilderness that way Maya would be used to the wilderness food. Zoë does really well on it and her stool is firm like it should be. Maya on the other hand her stool is semi soft to watery looking at times. i'm not sure if it's the higher protein doing it (not sure that can even cause soft stool or not, or i'm feeding her too much (2 1/2 cups a day, i feed her 1 1/4 cup 2x a day) or if it's too rich for her. i think she been on the wilderness for about a month (this is her first bag of wilderness). i would like to have both my dogs on the same food once Maya gets off of puppy food so that's why i'm thinking about changing food. so i thought if i did a all life stage food i could do that now.

the feeding chart on the puppy bag and it has weight and amount of food to feed them do you go by the weight they are now or how much they will weigh when they are full grown up?
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

All stage dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: All stage dog food   All stage dog food EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 7:05 pm

I'm not a fan of Fromm, my dogs all did terrible on it, but it's really all going to depend on your dog.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

All stage dog food Empty
PostSubject: Re: All stage dog food   All stage dog food Empty

Back to top Go down

All stage dog food

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1