It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

What has your Husky eaten lately?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
taveraw
Puppy
Puppy

What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 11:55 am

Neeka got her first treat yesterday. I dropped my cheese curl. I bent over to pick it up. She was too fast & ran over to snag it before I could get it.

Gotta be more careful Smile
Back to top Go down
Lu&Katsmom
Adult
Adult
Lu&Katsmom

Female Join date : 2011-04-15

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:12 pm

Cicada season is back, and Kitty is once again enjoying crunchy insect snacks. Eeewww.
Back to top Go down
Demon&Dakota
Senior
Senior
Demon&Dakota

Female Join date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 4:01 pm

Lu&Katsmom wrote:
Cicada season is back, and Kitty is once again enjoying crunchy insect snacks. Eeewww.

Oh yum! pale
Back to top Go down
MelissaI
Senior
Senior
MelissaI

Female Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 4:14 pm

Demon&Dakota wrote:
Lu&Katsmom wrote:

Oh yum! pale

I had to look those up. EWWWWW is right!
Back to top Go down
ashleylou
Teenager
Teenager
ashleylou

Female Join date : 2012-07-03

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 4:26 pm

Sapphira is off the socks for now because I literally have no more Evil or Very Mad
And has now chewed up a whole boc of colored pencils and some woodwork around the house also some drywall...
And I still love her to death and can't get enough of her! Smile
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 4:40 pm

Lu&Katsmom wrote:

Kerian tried to eat one that was still flying in her mouth.. Ick..
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:11 pm

ljelgin wrote:
Lu&Katsmom wrote:

Kerian tried to eat one that was still flying in her mouth.. Ick..

Oh no. Dakota loves eating cicadas! So disgusting as he is chewing and the insect is still making its signature sound. Ugh!

Senior
Senior

Female Join date : 2010-09-11

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 8:39 pm

The crickets are back in my house so my two are getting extra treats.
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 8:33 am

Stupid dog just ate a flower I was about to dissect for a biology project. I've been looking for a good one all week, and finally found the perfect one while I had them outside this morning. Of course, it was the only one in our yard. I picked it and set it on the counter while I was feeding them, and while I was distracted feeding Lulu Ghost counter surfed and ate it. I could kill her right now, I'll have to go buy one after work and waste study time now.

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
mccartd1
Newborn
Newborn
mccartd1

Male Join date : 2012-08-01

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 10:11 am

@blueeyedghost

Mine has gone through 2 pairs of David Clarks headsets and she loves maps and charts.

When I come home from flying I have to hide my flight bag or she will take them out and destroy them. I think she likes the way they sound when they rip because all she does is tear them up. Doesn't eat them. Just sits there and rips them up as much as possible

Gotta love 'em!
Back to top Go down
blueeyedghost
Maverick
blueeyedghost

Female Join date : 2011-07-01

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 3:44 pm

That sucks. I haven't used my David Clark's in quite a while, so they've been stashed in a closet and out of reach. Normally she's not destructive, I guess she just caught a whiff and thought it would taste good...

Canine Hydrocephalus Support on Facebook

"Being the parent of a special-needs pet means living your life constantly poised on the edge of a double-edged sword. On the one hand, you become a fierce defender of the ways in which your little one is perfectly ordinary — all the things he or she can do that are just like what everybody else does. And yet, you never lose sight of how absolutely extraordinary that very ordinariness is, how difficult, remarkable and rewarding that fight to be 'just like everybody else' has been."  -Gwen Cooper, "Homer's Odyssey"

Shadow - 03/01/2013 - 10/02/2014

What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 85ced801-eef9-49ab-a499-d82fe0067cd7_zps64d8039a
Back to top Go down
Sammie-Leigh
Puppy
Puppy
Sammie-Leigh

Female Join date : 2012-07-25

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 02, 2012 11:25 pm

Halli, Brooklyn & Compton just seem to love chewing things to a million pieces, and very rarely actually swallow anything. Or, we manage to swipe it from them before they are able to, but from what i can remember the list of things over the last 5 years would be :
*numerous amounts of baby wipes torn up into tiny pieces and left on the floor.
*tissues, they grab the box and pull them out one by one tearing them up individually, they thinks it's a great game when another tissue pops up out of the box
*toilet rolls and Toilet paper.
*various empty items out of the recycling bin, that we find downstairs.
*Takeaway containers, so i always end up having an odd number of lids and containers.
*The little rubber bits at the end of my high heels.
*Neighbours chickens, Blue Tongue Lizards, Bearded Dragons, a fruit Bat & I lost count on the number of Possums.
* bath towels and tea-towels.
* numerous eyes of soft toys & Tennis Balls
* The squeakers out of toys get removed by Brookyln, he then moves them into a pile of things he has no interest in anymore, and leaves the now squeakerless toy.
* Halli tore up a neighbours couch when she was a puppy when they were minding her for a couple days.

There are probably many more, but they are the ones I can remember from over the years, there is usually always something new waiting for us when we get home from work. Brooklyn puts things into piles ranging from "there is nothing left of this for me to chew and it no longer interests me" to "i am saving these for later, their the best ones, so don't touch it", which I suppose makes the mess easier to clean up. Neutral

We love our 4 legged rat bags! They keep us on our toes, and they have been quite good the last few months with chewing things and leaving things alone.(i have probably just jinxed myself What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 1625187496 ) Husky Love! Would't trade them for anything.
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 03, 2012 12:28 am

Well let's see we all remember Balon's recent shipping bag incident, we don't speak of it lol

And last weekend Ruby (lab) ate 2 whole bars of soap, yep she threw them back up but did feel great for a few days go figure!
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 1:20 pm

Well yesterday Sierra ate all my growing strawberries in my garden then i came home to this.....

she ate the bag of peanuts sitting on the kitchen table, they have only been there for 2 weeks now.....
What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 Dscn2410

and she peed on the floor but NOT on the towel like she normally does. Evil or Very Mad
What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 Dscn2411
i have a love hate with tile floor, makes clean up so easy but it gets into the cracks and just travels down the floor much farther then it needs to!!!!

so i spent the first 30min home cleaning up her mess!

Senior
Senior
HuskyLear

Female Join date : 2013-02-21

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Oh I forgot about this posting...lets see some have heard about Bourbons recent mole hunt...he ate it (we think) then got lethargic and just off due to the acid reflus it gave him!!!!!!

LoveMyBrat
Puppy
Puppy

Female Join date : 2013-01-29

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 1:57 pm

This is an awesome thread!!

Thor (husky): TV remote, blender, several sets of toothbrushes and toothpaste, and all of our favorite textbooks (including one that belonged to my lab). I white chocolate cake with peanutbutter frosting.. off of the TOP OF THE FRIDGE, a container of chocolate that was in the kitchen cabinet, peanutbutter cookies, and basically anything sweet. On walks, prized possessions include: a half of a philly cheesesteak with wrapper still attached, bagels and donuts, brownies, and a cooked chicken.

Kimmi (not husky): Underwear, more underwear, used sanitary napkins, and wooden kitchen chairs that i got as a gift from a coworker. Her own poop (thats a specialty of hers). And on walks, prized possessions include: empty cigarette containers, old chicken wing bones, horse poop, old tissues, and discarded yardwork gloves.

How they find all these things on the walks amaze me!.
Back to top Go down
LoveMyBrat
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:16 pm

harrise wrote:
Uhhhmmmmm... yeah.

What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 IMG_20110505_131525

ahhahaha. yeah, thor tried to get into the vodka bottle. couldn't get the top off though.
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:19 pm

Lycus recently got a pigeon head left by one of the stray cats... Thankfully I opened his mouth before he swallowed it, then I almost threw up just looking at it...
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:36 pm

oh yeah i pulled a dead mouse out of sierras mouth last month! so grossed out!!!

Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:39 pm

Kato and Karma killed a stray cat last night!! But they didn't eat it.

Sadly my kids witnessed the whole thing. My little one tells me how she saw the cat's head in Karma's mouth, and how Karma tossed it back and fourth. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
LoveMyBrat
Puppy
Puppy

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:43 pm

Iluvmyhuskies wrote:
Kato and Karma killed a stray cat last night!! But they didn't eat it.

Sadly my kids witnessed the whole thing. My little one tells me how she saw the cat's head in Karma's mouth, and how Karma tossed it back and fourth. Crying or Very sad

oh, goodness, thats horrible, im sorry.
Back to top Go down
TwisterII
Senior
Senior
TwisterII

Female Join date : 2013-06-14

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:43 pm

After reading about other destructive Huskys Kenzi's wood fetish don't seem quite so bad. She likes to eat on the wooden railing on our back deck, though living in a rental that is a HUGE no no. Other than that she doesn't really chew. She likes bugs but she doesn't eat them, she squishes them with her paws. She sits on the back porch at night and smashed bugs against the side of the house. There's just big bug smears around the porch light.

Adult
Adult
eander83

Female Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 2:54 pm

Kevin's sister and 4 kids were here last weekend and Loki ate:
1 box of Waffle crisp cereal
2 bags of gummy bears
1 magazine
1 study guide (mine not theirs)
1 package of Oatmeal cookies

All of this in a 4 day period.
Back to top Go down
ateam043
Teenager
Teenager
ateam043

Male Join date : 2013-03-06

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 3:31 pm

I must not have a husky. This is the only site I read about the horror stories or destructive nature.

The worse Meeka has done is tear off the sides of a small palm tree I have and uses them as a chewing treat. Even that I don't even consider it a bad thing since I tear them out myself when I have the free time to keep it looking nice.

On the other hand I can't find a real treat she likes other than Pet Botanics training treats and Dental treats.
Back to top Go down
ateam043
Teenager
Teenager
ateam043

Male Join date : 2013-03-06

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 EmptyThu Jun 20, 2013 3:33 pm

Jen - is the towel used as a puppy diaper when you are away at work (assuming they have free roam of the house)?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What has your Husky eaten lately?   What has your Husky eaten lately? - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

What has your Husky eaten lately?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next