It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Greetings from Southwest,VA

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Autumnlovesherhuskypup
Newborn
Newborn
Autumnlovesherhuskypup

Female Join date : 2013-03-07

Greetings from Southwest,VA Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Southwest,VA   Greetings from Southwest,VA EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 6:54 pm

Hello everyone I joined here a little over a week ago and finally decided to post! I'm Autumn and I'm mommy to a 5 month old Husky named Zuko!
I love him to death even though he drives me insane 90% of the time there isn't anything I wouldn't do for the little(or should I say big) guy! I got him way earlier than normal because the "breeder" was trying to get rid of them and I didn't wanna see him be taken to the pound and my mom knew I've ALWAYS wanted one so I got him...and learned how much work and how different huskies are.But I'm glad he's with me I wouldn't trade him for anything!! I actually had to bottle feed him for about a week when we got him he was 3 and a half weeks old.I let him sleep by my bed in a crate with a stuffed animal and he'd snuggle up to it.It broke my heart he didn't really have time to socialize with his littermates or learn things from his mom it also made it harder to teach him as I had to take on that responsibility! But he turned out to be my bestfriend and he's a wonderful dog Very Happy hes almost lost all his baby teeth two fell out yesterday and his big canines are working their way through I almost cried when he lost his first one LOL okay,I don't want to make a book so I'll leave off here and I'll post a picture of him Smile

Greetings from Southwest,VA FxCam_1363220764483_zpse020aa6c
Back to top Go down
Chelsii
Puppy
Puppy
Chelsii

Female Join date : 2013-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Southwest,VA   Greetings from Southwest,VA EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:06 pm

He is SO ADORABLE!!! I'm so glad you were able to save him!

It sounds like the breeder wasn't too reputable though if they were trying to "get rid" of him at only 3 WEEKS!!! That is the most insane thing I have ever heard! Sad

Be sure to watch his behavior as he grows! Those weeks with his litter mates are crucial, so you might find he develops some tendencies that you weren't expecting.

Congrats on your baby, though Smile

Also, welcome to the forum!
Back to top Go down
Autumnlovesherhuskypup
Newborn
Newborn
Autumnlovesherhuskypup

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Southwest,VA   Greetings from Southwest,VA EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:16 pm

Aww thank you! Smile and no,I dont think he was a legit breeder,sadly :/ it was quite sad! he was the last of the litter I just HAD to take him and his one little blue eye! haha

But yes thank you for the advice Very Happy we were worried at first because he didnt want to be touched or held around 8 weeks but we worked with him and now he expects to lay in your lap and give you kisses Smile I think he learned most of his social skills from our other dog when he was really little she'd always let him know what was too much!
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Southwest,VA   Greetings from Southwest,VA EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:29 pm

Welcome from Northern Virginia wave

Very handsome pup you have there!
Back to top Go down
Autumnlovesherhuskypup
Newborn
Newborn
Autumnlovesherhuskypup

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Southwest,VA   Greetings from Southwest,VA EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:32 pm

Why thank you! You've got some very cute ones as well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Chelsii
Puppy
Puppy
Chelsii

Female Join date : 2013-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Southwest,VA   Greetings from Southwest,VA EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:33 pm

Awww, how adorable! Hehe. Best of luck! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Autumnlovesherhuskypup
Newborn
Newborn
Autumnlovesherhuskypup

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Southwest,VA   Greetings from Southwest,VA EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 7:36 pm

Thank you,good luck to you too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Southwest,VA   Greetings from Southwest,VA EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:39 pm

Welcome! He's gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Southwest,VA   Greetings from Southwest,VA EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 8:56 pm

A real cute pup you got there thanks for taking him. The best of luck with him as he gets older.. Don't be afraid to ask questions on here if you need help.
Back to top Go down
Super Nova
Teenager
Teenager
Super Nova

Male Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Southwest,VA   Greetings from Southwest,VA EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:15 pm

Hello & Welcome to the forums! Cute pup & love the name!
Back to top Go down
Autumnlovesherhuskypup
Newborn
Newborn
Autumnlovesherhuskypup

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Southwest,VA   Greetings from Southwest,VA EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:22 pm

Thank you all so much for the kind words and help ^^ I appriciate it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Southwest,VA   Greetings from Southwest,VA EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 12:17 am

Welcome Autumn and Zuko! We live in Lynchburg! We're slowly getting a few VA huskies here on the forum...yay!
Back to top Go down
gocavs627
Puppy
Puppy
gocavs627

Female Join date : 2012-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Southwest,VA   Greetings from Southwest,VA EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi! Another VA husky mom here. We're in Roanoke. Maybe we can organize a play date?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Southwest,VA   Greetings from Southwest,VA Empty

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Southwest,VA

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1