It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Sad about Nanooks siblings

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

Male Join date : 2013-02-26

Sad about Nanooks siblings Empty
PostSubject: Sad about Nanooks siblings   Sad about Nanooks siblings EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:15 pm

When my husbands co worker said he would give us his last pup after we had to put our lab down we drove over and looked at them all. He was the smallest and...funniest looking one...still as cute as could be though. We all also fell in love with his sisters, 2 of them. One of the sister who was almost white with like a charcoal grey outline around the ears, eyes and feet was going to the guys niece and the other sister was dark black in all the right spots, both just beautiful, that one went to another co-worker. He gave us Nanook but we told him if either of them backed out we would love one of the sisters and we would pay whatever it was he was charging for the pups. Now, before this day we knew nothing about Huskies, I had a malamute when I was early teens years but...that was a LONG time ago. So we did all kinds of research in the 3 weeks we had before we picked him up. We knew what we were getting into as best we could anyway, my kids watched videos and read books too. It was a fun family project. He has turned out to be an awesome pup...though he has his moments, we were expected a lot more moments LOL. The hardest thing about Nanook is the mornings when the kids are trying to get ready for school and I am trying to get ready for work...he just wants all you time and attention and he is in your face and up your butt to get it LOL Sorry, starting to ramble here...the point to my post is my husband found out that the little white greyish pup got out and ran away and the owner is not even going to look for her because she was a hard pup and the owner (other co-worker) hates his pup too. Just makes me sad. My kids want to go to all the shelters to find her, they are heart broken and she was not even ours.
Back to top Go down
lpp06
Puppy
Puppy
lpp06

PostSubject: Re: Sad about Nanooks siblings   Sad about Nanooks siblings EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:31 pm

Unfortunately, Huskies are one of the most ill-researched breeds for new owners. Subsequently, they're found in shelters much too often. They don't usually stay there for long because of their beauty, but even then I'd say most adoptive owners are very poorly prepared. Sky had been in the shelter for her 2nd time when I finally adopted her. The first time was because she escaped on multiple occasions and the second was because she chewed the guys electronics. I'm happy to say that even though Sky is crate trained, I've left her out of her crate for about a month in a row during a transistionary period, and aside from the occasional paper shredding, she has done no chewing, Her last home gave her no stimulation or exercise, now she gets more than she can handle.

Moral of the story, Huskies = not for everyone/faint of heart
Back to top Go down
cinnamonbits
Adult
Adult
cinnamonbits

Female Join date : 2012-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Sad about Nanooks siblings   Sad about Nanooks siblings EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 12:41 pm

A lot of people don't do research before purchasing an animal, any animal. Even my own parents were guilty of this when I was young and its the animals that suffer, not the people. And animals can tell when you are upset. I feel bad for the pup left with an owner who is not happy with it. Hopefully, the other finds a home that loves it and doesn't end up in a bad situation, as say, a bait dog. It couldn't hurt to check the shelters, just in case. They may not care, but you're family obviously does.
Back to top Go down
Trailtoad1
Teenager
Teenager
Trailtoad1

Male Join date : 2013-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Sad about Nanooks siblings   Sad about Nanooks siblings EmptyWed Apr 03, 2013 8:21 pm

I decided to take Nanook in to get chipped today incase that ever happens. I just can not imagine being responsible for a puppy and not caring if they get lost.
On another note I am a little bummed , he got his 3rd shot while we were there and I thought after 3 they were free to go into public more but the Vet says not yet. BUMMER
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sad about Nanooks siblings   Sad about Nanooks siblings Empty

Back to top Go down

Sad about Nanooks siblings

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1