It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BONFIRE HUSKIES
Teenager
Teenager
BONFIRE HUSKIES

Male Join date : 2009-12-04

GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG Empty
PostSubject: GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG   GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:18 pm

So Heather and I got word the other day that a lady was getting rid a Husky puppy. So Heather emailed her to find out he was 4 months old and if we didnt take him he was going to the pound asap. Once we heard that we pretty much dropped everything to go get this boy. She had no papers on him so im unsure if he is full husky im leaning towards malamute or a mix combo given his paws are absolutely massive.

Here are pics of MILO

GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG 07051010

GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG 07051011
Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

Female Join date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG   GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:21 pm

He is adorable! I cannot believe anyone would choose to get rid of this little guy! Of course, if someone doesn't understand the breed.... Lucky you! He DOES look as if he will be a big one, judging by the paws. Congrats!
Back to top Go down
BONFIRE HUSKIES
Teenager
Teenager
BONFIRE HUSKIES

PostSubject: Re: GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG   GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 10:39 pm

Oh and to add we have a house full tonight with Roxy, crystals Sniper and now this lil guy
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

Female Join date : 2009-05-20

PostSubject: Re: GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG   GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 11:04 pm

SO CUTE!!! Smile I love him!

And don't cross off full-husky just yet. Koda's paws are STILL massive... everyone thinks he's still a puppy, but he's not Smile He may be a husky and just has to grow into his paws or have big ones Smile

Can't wait to see him grow! Thanks as always for taking on the rescue Smile

GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG Hailey10
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG   GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 12:53 pm

I LOVE the black line on his face! and the paws are HUGE!!!! im thinking full husky, congrats on your new addition and for saving the little guy!

Teenager
Teenager
BONFIRE HUSKIES

PostSubject: Re: GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG   GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 7:46 pm

Ok so Heather took him to her work today and He is not 4 months he is 12 weeks and 21.5 lbs and the vet is convinced he is malamute.
Back to top Go down
harrise
The Gentleman

Male Join date : 2009-06-16

PostSubject: Re: GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG   GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 10:44 pm

I've seen one Malamute with that coloring in all of the Malamutes I've seen. Could be, that's a big pup. Nice catch there!!!
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG   GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 11:17 pm

This is Koda as a puppy. He's about 6 months in these pictures... sorry they aren't better- we adopted him at 7 months and these were all I had from his previous owners who got him at 6 months. He was a stray before that Smile
GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG Image010
GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG Image011
GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG DSC06553

See the big paws?

Back to top Go down
BONFIRE HUSKIES
Teenager
Teenager
BONFIRE HUSKIES

PostSubject: Re: GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG   GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 10:42 pm

Sorry for the crappy cell pic but had to share

GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG 07070011
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG   GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 10:52 pm

So cute!

Back to top Go down
BONFIRE HUSKIES
Teenager
Teenager
BONFIRE HUSKIES

PostSubject: Re: GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG   GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:02 pm

So they get along half the time the other there fighting i guess this is normal for the first few months or so?
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG   GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 11:09 pm

Very normal. I've said it before, Koda and Hailey were NOT friends at first! LOL. Hailey wouldn't let Koda near her without growling. They would fight at least once a day at first... then it was once every few days, once a week, once every other week, once a month...

IMO, it's best to let them sort it out on their own unless it starts to get too intense, then distract and redirect. Usually as soon as they come apart they go back to being their happy-go-lucky selves.

However, I will say that you got them to lay that close within the first few days? That's a real good sign Smile At first we thought Koda and Hailey would NEVER be buddies... now they're attached at the hip Smile It's stressful the first few weeks, but it gets better. Trust me.

Back to top Go down
firefighterchik04
Teenager
Teenager
firefighterchik04

Female Join date : 2009-12-08

PostSubject: Re: GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG   GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG EmptyFri Jul 09, 2010 8:18 am

I am so glad this worked out for you Brandon!!! I am glad that i saw her post when i did about getting rid of him!! Adorable!!! Thank you so much for watching sniper for us to while we was on VACA!! You enjoy having 3 huskies @ 1 time?? good luck with milo and he is sooo sweet! i cant wait to watch him grow in person either!!! and let all 3 of them play!
Back to top Go down
BONFIRE HUSKIES
Teenager
Teenager
BONFIRE HUSKIES

PostSubject: Re: GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG   GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 2:54 pm

GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG 07091010

This is after they where play fighting for 30 mins
Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

PostSubject: Re: GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG   GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 5:17 pm

So cute! These moments of quiet may be scarce from now on. My three can be so very rowdy! Appreciate the quiet, because it helps you to get through the chaos! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Koda
Ms. Amicable
Koda

PostSubject: Re: GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG   GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 6:43 pm

Wow- less than a week? I would be quite excited! It took Koda and Hailey MONTHS to cuddle like that! I don't think you're going to have a problem with these two Smile

Back to top Go down
BONFIRE HUSKIES
Teenager
Teenager
BONFIRE HUSKIES

PostSubject: Re: GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG   GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG EmptyThu Jul 15, 2010 11:38 pm

GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG 07110011

GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG 07110012
Back to top Go down
jaxypooh
Teenager
Teenager
jaxypooh

Female Join date : 2010-01-13

PostSubject: Re: GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG   GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG EmptyFri Jul 16, 2010 12:15 pm

awww what cute pics. I love the second one!!!
Back to top Go down
amykmac
Adult
Adult
amykmac

PostSubject: Re: GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG   GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 5:59 am

Oh, yeah, I'd say Milo adores Roxy. Roxy looks as if she's still not sure about it all, but it looks like they are well on their way to becoming fast friends. Huskies just seem to know when they are with one of their own.....
Back to top Go down
jbealer
Husky Stalker
jbealer

Female Join date : 2009-05-29

PostSubject: Re: GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG   GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG EmptySat Jul 17, 2010 10:47 am

that is just to cute, they are gonna be best friends!

PostSubject: Re: GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG   GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG Empty

Back to top Go down

GOT ANOTHER SLED DOG

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1