It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Anastasiya&Buran
Newborn
Newborn
Anastasiya&Buran

Female Join date : 2013-04-11

Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) Empty
PostSubject: Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures)   Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 4:59 pm

I have picked up a puppy from a pretty shady breeder who claimed that Buran was a red and white Siberian Husky, whatever he is, I will love him all the same, but I am curious if anyone can see any signs that he may be a mix of something else? So far I've noticed his floppy ears that now (at 8 weeks) are trying to stand up and his odd mask that doesn't have very prominent eyebrows like many other huskies. He also has a pretty short coat that is extremely soft. Anyone's input would be much appreciated! thanks!

Here are some pictures I've taken over the past few weeks. Sorry for the sideway-ness of the last few.

Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) ?ui=2&ik=90d89866a2&view=att&th=13dfa9abf2b396e3&attid=0

Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) ?ui=2&ik=90d89866a2&view=att&th=13dfa9b603390dcf&attid=0

Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) ?ui=2&ik=90d89866a2&view=att&th=13dfa91809140df6&attid=0

Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) ?ui=2&ik=90d89866a2&view=att&th=13dfa9b24259a6d9&attid=0

Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) ?ui=2&ik=90d89866a2&view=att&th=13dfa9c48c487a80&attid=0

https://s834.photobucket.com/user/stayshabob/library/Buran?sort=3&page=1
Okay someone please tell me this link works.

Last edited by Anastasiya&Buran on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures)   Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 5:03 pm

I don't see any pictures
Back to top Go down
Anastasiya&Buran
Newborn
Newborn
Anastasiya&Buran

PostSubject: Re: Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures)   Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 5:03 pm

Balonsmom wrote:
I don't see any pictures
Really? I do. Dang it. How do you post the image links?
Back to top Go down
Anastasiya&Buran
Newborn
Newborn
Anastasiya&Buran

PostSubject: Re: Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures)   Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 5:11 pm

Okay I added links with the pictures, let me know if those work!
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

Female Join date : 2012-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures)   Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 5:17 pm

You'll have to post them to like a Facebook public access page not your mail. Still no pics that we can see.
Back to top Go down
http://www.keahisiberianhuskies.com
Anastasiya&Buran
Newborn
Newborn
Anastasiya&Buran

PostSubject: Re: Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures)   Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 5:35 pm

Okay, I uploaded to Photobucket, I really hope that works.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures)   Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 5:42 pm

Kinda looks part Australian shepherd.
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures)   Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 5:45 pm

I agree, kinda looks part Aussie.
Back to top Go down
Rocio_Caballero
Senior
Senior
Rocio_Caballero

Male Join date : 2012-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures)   Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 5:49 pm

I have to agree that he looks part Aussie.
Back to top Go down
Anastasiya&Buran
Newborn
Newborn
Anastasiya&Buran

PostSubject: Re: Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures)   Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 5:51 pm

Lots of people ask if he's part Aussie, but his coat is just so short, and it seems like his ears are going to stick straight up any day now.
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures)   Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 5:52 pm

Whatever he may be mixed with he's def a super cutie!!!
Back to top Go down
laurnerox1
Newborn
Newborn
laurnerox1

Female Join date : 2013-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures)   Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 5:58 pm

I agree he might be part aussie but they have different fur when pups.
My little pup was born in a shelter from a husky mom and i was told a malamute dad... and one of his ears flopped. He was 8 wks when I got him, over a week later his ears stood up.
So maybe your lil one is full husky, you'll never really know.
He's adorable either way!
Back to top Go down
Anastasiya&Buran
Newborn
Newborn
Anastasiya&Buran

PostSubject: Re: Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures)   Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 6:07 pm

Thanks guys! (: I guess he has a couple weeks left to get those ears up so we can know for sure!
Back to top Go down
JillC
Teenager
Teenager
JillC

Female Join date : 2011-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures)   Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 6:17 pm

He's a cutie! Please know though that even if his ears do stand that doesn't mean he is pure husky. What makes me think he may be a mix -his coat and markings.
Back to top Go down
Anastasiya&Buran
Newborn
Newborn
Anastasiya&Buran

PostSubject: Re: Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures)   Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 6:24 pm

Thank you Jill, I just thought that when his ears stick up he looks a lot more husky-like (they do when he is outside) I'm pretty sure he isn't pure though. Would you say that his mask is completely uncommon in huskies? I don't think I've ever seen a puppy with a mask like his, but then again, I'm not sure if they change while they grow.
Back to top Go down
laurnerox1
Newborn
Newborn
laurnerox1

Female Join date : 2013-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures)   Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 6:28 pm

masks do change as they age. Brooks (my 2 yr old husky) used to have a FULL mask, down onto her nose! But now it has come up and under her eyes is white/tan now (see my pic on left). So it'll be fun to watch this guy grow up Smile
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures)   Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 6:30 pm

Masks come in all shapes', color's and size's....some change as they get older, some don't. So it's really hard to say whether or not he is pure depending on his mask.
Back to top Go down
Anastasiya&Buran
Newborn
Newborn
Anastasiya&Buran

PostSubject: Re: Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures)   Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 7:14 pm

That's crazy that the masks can change so much! Does he look like a husky at all? To anyone? Hahaha
Back to top Go down
Jennet&Embry
Senior
Senior
Jennet&Embry

Female Join date : 2010-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures)   Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 7:16 pm

He looks Husky to me, but obviously mixed with Aussie. He's gonna be super cute Smile
Back to top Go down
HuskyMom09
Senior
Senior
HuskyMom09

PostSubject: Re: Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures)   Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 7:17 pm

For me it's not just the floppy ears, and I rarely look at a mask on a puppy knowing how much they change as they mature....it's more the overall shape of the eyes and head. The shape of the head looks more aussie than husky.
Back to top Go down
CavingSiberian
Adult
Adult
CavingSiberian

Female Join date : 2013-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures)   Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 11:49 pm

I don't think he looks much like a husky.... He's adorable! But I don't see much siberian in him at all....
Back to top Go down
Mobezilla
Senior
Senior
Mobezilla

Female Join date : 2012-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures)   Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 11:55 pm

For me, its not the markings, but more the shape of the head and placement of ears that makes me think he's more aussie than anything. But he's certainly adorable! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures)   Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) EmptyFri Apr 12, 2013 12:24 am

Yeah I would have to agree, I don't really see Siberian at all.

He is very adorable though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures)   Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 5:12 pm

I disagree, I think he probably has some husky in him, he has the same stout legs and feet my two have or had as puppies! I don't believe him to be full husky, but who cares one thing I do see is ADORABLE!!!
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Female Join date : 2013-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures)   Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 12:11 am

I have australian shepherd and yes he looks exactly like him as a puppy! I dont see a husky in him at all. He is very cute though!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures)   Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures) Empty

Back to top Go down

Is my little guy full husky? Or are his ears too floppy? (pictures)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next