It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Hello from West Texas

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cbackous
Newborn
Newborn

Hello from West Texas Empty
PostSubject: Hello from West Texas   Hello from West Texas EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 10:33 pm

Hello! My name is Chris and I live in San Angelo TX. My soon to be wife and I just put our deposit on a black and white Siberian Husky. The breeder is near Houston and we should be picking her up in 7 weeks or so.

I am a little familiar with the breed but look forward to learning a lot more and having fun while doing it. The forums have provided good information so far and I hope I can contribute to that knowledge at some point.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Female Join date : 2013-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Texas   Hello from West Texas EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 11:25 pm

Welcome!!! I live 20 min away from houston!! wave
Back to top Go down
VintageJeans
Adult
Adult
VintageJeans

Female Join date : 2012-07-07

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Texas   Hello from West Texas EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 1:34 pm

Welcome! I'm in La Porte, which is about 20 mins from Houston as well. Smile This forum has a lot of friendly advice, just do some reading!

7 weeks is plenty of time to learn about the breed and prepare your home for the incoming family member! Smile
Back to top Go down
cbackous
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Texas   Hello from West Texas EmptyThu Apr 18, 2013 9:46 pm

Thank you both. Since you live in the area, i was curious if you have heard anything about Paradise Siberians? They are located in Santa Fe.

The litter is expected any day now. I will post pictures and start a scrapbook as soon as I am able.
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Female Join date : 2013-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Texas   Hello from West Texas EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 1:29 pm

I looked them up to see what there web site said and they seem to me a good place to buy them. But I am inexperienced with breeders. I bought Micole in San Antonio Feb 14, 2013 from someone who had her and didn't want her anymore. They bought her threw a breeder so I never had to deal with that. From what I have been reading though ... What kind of health guarantee do they offer? I know that is one major issue is to make sure they never go blind or have bad hips. These two things are a huge issue with bad breeders. But my only suggestion is to make sure they are what they claim to be. I can not wait to see you puppy!!!! Post pictures as soon as you can!!! We love pictures wave
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Texas   Hello from West Texas EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 1:41 pm

Welcome! You must be super-excited about your puppy! Smile

I was going through their website, they said they do hip and eye checks, but make sure to ask to see the certificate from the OFA and Opthamology Asssoc. before you take their word for it. I don't know too much about this, but having multiple litters of puppies at the same time, and none of the parents are shown or worked? There aren't any mention of the pups coming with their pedigrees either, so that should be an important thing to request as well. Smile

Also, if they come with AKC registration, they would have to be tattooed and microchipped before they get to you, but the site says there's an additional cost - just something to keep in mind.

Back to top Go down
cbackous
Newborn
Newborn

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Texas   Hello from West Texas EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 2:28 pm

Our puppy will come with partial AKC papers. We will be chipping her shortly after we get home. This breeder does stand behind their dogs with regards to the hips and eyes and overall health of the puppy. The lady on the phone has been very nice and helpful. Talks about the dogs like they are her kids.
Back to top Go down
UndarthAngipoo
Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Texas   Hello from West Texas EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 2:54 pm

Only reason I brought up the microchipping thing is because the dogs need to be either tattooed or microchipped before they can be registered with the Canadian Kennel Club, so I thought it would be the same for the AKC. And, the pedigree and parents' hip/eye results should be included in puppy package too (or at the very least for you to read it over and check it out). Smile

Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from West Texas   Hello from West Texas Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from West Texas

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum :: It's A Husky Thing :: The Welcome Mat-