It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

He ate a sock!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mtmoser
Newborn
Newborn
mtmoser

Female Join date : 2013-01-06

He ate a sock! Empty
PostSubject: He ate a sock!   He ate a sock! EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 11:16 pm

So it is a happy ending to a very long and stressful weekend. My 5 month old pup woke up Friday and did not eat his breakfast. I knew right away something was wrong. Took him to the vet and after X-rays it appeared he had some sort of material blocking his small intestine. Saturday they filled him with Berium and did X-rays every few hours. By saturday night it was not moving so they filled him with fluids and said if there was no change by Sunday morning they would do surgery. We got the call this morning that the blockage had moved into the large intestine and they believed he would pass it on his own. Got a call at 3 this afternoon that we could come and get our baby he had passed the sock!! We are so grateful he did not have to have surgery and he is home and doing well. Hopefully the teenager learned a lesson and will keep his socks picked up! Here is my boy so happy to be home.
He ate a sock! 29585113
Back to top Go down
Husky mum
Teenager
Teenager
Husky mum

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

He ate a sock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: He ate a sock!   He ate a sock! EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 11:23 pm

Our Mal eats socks constantly, but only mine, husbands are too big. It's a constant cause of frustration and alarm - glad it all worked out well for you!
Back to top Go down
elmerdc4
Teenager
Teenager
elmerdc4

Male Join date : 2013-02-13

He ate a sock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: He ate a sock!   He ate a sock! EmptySun Apr 21, 2013 11:25 pm

Glad to hear everything came out well, now you have me paranoid, I have to watch him when he plays lol!
Back to top Go down
Mschwax
Puppy
Puppy
Mschwax

Female Join date : 2013-03-07

He ate a sock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: He ate a sock!   He ate a sock! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 12:00 am

There is a popular YouTube video titled "we are dogs, we like socks!" Featuring some huskies and hilarious sock action. Guess "its a husky thing..."

Glad he is all better!
Back to top Go down
SkyPlusUs
Teenager
Teenager
SkyPlusUs

Female Join date : 2013-04-13

He ate a sock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: He ate a sock!   He ate a sock! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 4:52 am

I'm glad he passed the sock without too much bother
Back to top Go down
Kodasmom
Puppy
Puppy
Kodasmom

Female Join date : 2013-02-13

He ate a sock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: He ate a sock!   He ate a sock! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 6:14 am

Love happy endings! Glad he is okay.
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

He ate a sock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: He ate a sock!   He ate a sock! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 8:58 am

not just a husky thing, my then 6 month old lab puppy ate one, luckily my son saw her do it so we gave her peroxide and made her throw it right back up! But Balon ate a shipping bag and we had to do the whole xray thing too! God they love to scare us lol, glad yours turned out so well!

Last edited by Balonsmom on Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hayden_69
Senior
Senior
Hayden_69

Female Join date : 2011-12-26

He ate a sock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: He ate a sock!   He ate a sock! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 10:06 am

Glad everything worked out and he didn't have to have the surgery!

We had to have the GI surgery when Hayden was 4 month's old, because he ate a squeaker out of a toy.

Back to top Go down
TinaR
Newborn
Newborn
TinaR

He ate a sock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: He ate a sock!   He ate a sock! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 2:25 pm

I had a Saint Bernard that did that. Luckily nothing bad happened but it scared me every time I had a sock come up missing. We had to put child locks on our dresser drawer as he liked the clean ones. Nothing more fun than going out to the yard to clean up dog poo at the end of the night and realize he got another sock.
Back to top Go down
nolesooner
Puppy
Puppy

Male Join date : 2013-04-08

He ate a sock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: He ate a sock!   He ate a sock! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 3:10 pm

Juno ate some kind of hat off of a stuffed animal the other day. I am STILL trying to figure out where it came from. The only thing I can think of is that my roommate left a door to their room open and juno got in there ate ate the hat off of something.

She threw up on Saturday morning and I couldn't believe what I saw. I couldn't gather myself to go unravel the thing until later that day. Ewwww...it was so gross!

What gives man!?
Back to top Go down
amychuke
Teenager
Teenager
amychuke

Female Join date : 2013-03-18

He ate a sock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: He ate a sock!   He ate a sock! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 4:25 pm

Yep i have to watch Micole... She is take off with my socks all the time.
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

He ate a sock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: He ate a sock!   He ate a sock! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 7:31 pm

The puppy I had did this constantly!! She would eat my daughters socks....luckily she always passed them with no problems. She was only about 12 weeks old. She also found my hair ties and swallowed them whole...crazy girl! But I always wonder....why socks?
Back to top Go down
Papabear
Puppy
Puppy
Papabear

Male Join date : 2013-03-09

He ate a sock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: He ate a sock!   He ate a sock! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 7:59 pm

Wow scary situation---glad he's okay!
Back to top Go down
mtmoser
Newborn
Newborn
mtmoser

He ate a sock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: He ate a sock!   He ate a sock! EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 8:24 pm

Not sure why, but my sons socks and only his are like crack to Nekko. If he gets one he runs with it and trys to swallow it whole before we can catch him and pry open his mouth and pull it from the back of his throat. We have got many back this way, he has threw up a few and few with assistance from peroxide. I had no idea he had got the last one. I hope my 18 year old can now get it thru his head to pick up the socks because the next vet bill will come out of his wallet.
Back to top Go down
Loki2012
Puppy
Puppy
Loki2012

He ate a sock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: He ate a sock!   He ate a sock! EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 1:43 am

Oh thank goodness! I thought loki had a sock fetish! He takes them all the time, shreds them and goes back for more.

He ate a sock! Spring10
Back to top Go down
Clm
Teenager
Teenager
Clm

Male Join date : 2012-11-22

He ate a sock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: He ate a sock!   He ate a sock! EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 12:01 pm

glad he's ok and surgery was avoided.

Blu has stolen and eatten more socks from my dresser then i can count. (had to install a padle lock on it, otherwise he opens it and takes my socks and beanies and eats them and hides them where ever he deems necessary... kinda annoying)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

He ate a sock! Empty
PostSubject: Re: He ate a sock!   He ate a sock! Empty

Back to top Go down

He ate a sock!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1