It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

Good with kids?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mikeyrazzy18
Newborn
Newborn
mikeyrazzy18

Male Join date : 2013-04-22

Good with kids? Empty
PostSubject: Good with kids?   Good with kids? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 11:24 am

I don't have any kids of my own but I have 9 nieces and nephews. I keep reading that yes they are good with kids or no they are not. I know it all depends on how they are raised and it also depends on the kids but just wanted to know how are your huskies with kids?
Back to top Go down
SkyPlusUs
Teenager
Teenager
SkyPlusUs

Female Join date : 2013-04-13

Good with kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good with kids?   Good with kids? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 12:19 pm

I have 3 kids, they're 8, 6 and 5, and although Sky is only 14 weeks she has been great so far. We haven't had much puppy nipping and she doesn't bounce all over them.. unlike the 4 year old lab who is a bouncy as a box of frogs lol

We have just got back from picking the kids up from school and hubby stood outside the gates with Sky. Well everyone loves a puppy especially a husky! so she has had fuss galore, she met everyone with enthusiasm but didn't go crazy

The breeder we got Sky from had older kids but young nieces and nephews who lived next door and they had all gotten along fine
Back to top Go down
Huskyluv
Resident Nutritional Bookworm
Huskyluv

Female Join date : 2009-06-23

Good with kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good with kids?   Good with kids? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 12:23 pm

My husky is great with kids. The breed being known for being good with children is one of the main reasons I chose this breed in the first place. But as you are well aware, every individual is different.

Adult
Adult
UndarthAngipoo

Female Join date : 2012-06-16

Good with kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good with kids?   Good with kids? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 12:24 pm

Yeah - I'd think it would have a lot to do with how much they've been around kids. Stark came from a house with young kids so he was okay with them. He jumped up on a kid once on a walk though, so since then, we'd make him sit and stepped on his leash so he learned that he couldn't jump up when he met someone new. Smile
Back to top Go down
Iluvmyhuskies
Adult
Adult
Iluvmyhuskies

Female Join date : 2012-12-29

Good with kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good with kids?   Good with kids? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 12:40 pm

My two are very good with my kids! I have a 12 year old and a 5 year old, and both of them do great with the dogs! Infact I think the dogs would do anything to protect my children.
Back to top Go down
dahowlers
Adult
Adult
dahowlers

Female Join date : 2012-01-30

Good with kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good with kids?   Good with kids? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 12:41 pm

I think huskies are good with kids for the most part, but it is largely an individual basis. Snoopy is really good with kids, considering he never met one before I got him. And then there's Nunya. Nunya was raised with kids and is good with them unless they're afraid of him. Cause then he tries to constantly follows them around and poke them with his nose. I think it's cause they make weird noises. I don't really consider him bad with kids, he's just kind of a troll lol
Back to top Go down
laurnerox1
Newborn
Newborn
laurnerox1

Female Join date : 2013-03-15

Good with kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good with kids?   Good with kids? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 1:56 pm

I got my older husky when my son was 2. She was about 15 wks old. So They have grown up together. To this day I can take Brooks to a playground and she'll just lie there and let the kids touch her and lean on her and she's fine. Adults - no way. Kids - Totally. Now that I have Jago (15 wks old) , he follows my boy around and gives kisses. Hasn't tackled him. I think he's going to be great with kids Smile
Back to top Go down
mikeyrazzy18
Newborn
Newborn
mikeyrazzy18

Male Join date : 2013-04-22

Good with kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good with kids?   Good with kids? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 2:50 pm

Thanks you guys I can't wait to get him and introduce him to the family and so I can talk my husky experiences like you guys!
Back to top Go down
Balonsmom
Senior
Senior
Balonsmom

Female Join date : 2012-05-02

Good with kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good with kids?   Good with kids? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 6:47 pm

Balon is very good with kids, so is Loki though he is a puppy still, heck so is Balon lol!
Back to top Go down
Husky mum
Teenager
Teenager
Husky mum

Female Join date : 2012-09-09

Good with kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good with kids?   Good with kids? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 11:40 pm

Hunter is very interested in kids he seems fascinated that yes people do come that small! Milla is way to exhuberant around them and trys to jump up (she still does that with anyone who trys to talk to her or comes into the yard - it's a work in progress) and then very quickly loses all interest in them. We're looking at having our first child soon, and I'm somewhat anxious how they will both go.
Back to top Go down
SabakaMom
Senior
Senior
SabakaMom

Female Join date : 2011-02-10

Good with kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good with kids?   Good with kids? EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 11:52 pm

As with every new experience, it's good to introduce things early in their training. Our first husky wasn't a huge fan of children even though we surprised her with one when she was about 5 years old. Wink She had no problems with him, she just didn't "love" him. lol

The husky we have now goes to our kids' soccer games and visits with all the kids there and just loves the attention! Our children were 10 and 15 when we got him, so they are not in that "annoy your dog by pulling his tail" phase. He loves a kid party with all the loudness and the action!
Back to top Go down
LokiTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
LokiTheHusky

Female Join date : 2013-04-14

Good with kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good with kids?   Good with kids? EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 12:10 am

Loki was scared of the little minions the first few min. of being with them, But here he is just an hour later on his first time being around kids! Smile
I also have video of the Daddy putting the young 'un up on his back, Will have to find that for you! Razz

Good with kids? 484637_556818351000544_124513868_n

*Edit*

Found it! Razz

Last edited by LokiTheHusky on Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
LokiTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
LokiTheHusky

Female Join date : 2013-04-14

Good with kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good with kids?   Good with kids? EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 12:12 am

Also forgot to mention, I do not know how he was raised but do know from past owners that he had not ever been around kids before. He just took them in stride. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Good with kids? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good with kids?   Good with kids? Empty

Back to top Go down

Good with kids?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1