It's a Husky Thing - Siberian Husky Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for owners of the Siberian Husky.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterRegisterLog in
Congratulations Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne!, our November HOTM winners! HOTM Will Be Taking An Indefinite Break!
Husky of the Month
Congrats Nikita, Archer, and Cheyanne,
our November HOTM Winners!
Husky Cuddles!

Thanks to all for this month's entries!
Forum Rules
1. Here we prefer clarity to agreement. Obviously not everyone is going to agree on a topic; here we prefer to talk out our differences in a respectful manner to ensure mutual understanding and respect.
2. Read the Stickies and Announcements. Each sub-forum may have specific rules which trump the Forum Rules in cases where there may be conflicting information. Read the rules of each board before you post so that you are clear on the expectations of the staff.
3. Respect ALL Staff and Admins. These people volunteer of their time and MUST be respected as well as their word adhered to. They are responsible for maintaining a free, open, clear and organized forum. Anyone found to be openly undermining any official ruling by a staff member will be warned.
4. Signatures: One picture only and no links. Images: To keep the forum looking neat and tidy, we ask that members insert just one picture only in their signatures. The picture should be no more than 200x500 pixels and should be of an appropriate subject, for example, your dogs and their names. Should you need assistance creating an appropriate signature, please PM an Admin and we would be happy to help! This is to ensure that signatures remain a welcome addition to our forum instead of a cumbersome distraction. Links: Hyperlinks in signatures--unless to a personal blog or photo stream of your dogs (like Flckr or Piscasa, for example)--are strictly prohibited. Please PM a staff member with any questions or concerns regarding this rule.
Rescue Spotlight
Our current rescue spotlight is:

Delaware Valley Siberian Husky Rescue!

Top Dog Website Award Winner!

Top Website
for
Siberian

Huskys

front clip harness?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

Female Join date : 2013-02-08

front clip harness? Empty
PostSubject: front clip harness?   front clip harness? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 2:42 am

I'm seeing a lot about the walk your dog with love harness and i've seen the front clip harness's that petsmart has what i'm wondering is if anyone has used petsmarts harness and what you think of it? I want to get jasper into one to hopefully help with his horrible yanking and lunging and i'm thinking of going with the petsmart one since its easier access to get one then ordering one and waiting for it. Has anyone used this type of harness under a dog back pack? We are looking into making our own packs for the two to try wearing them out a bit more on walks since i am slowly working myself up to longer walks for them, so im just wondering if anyones had success using the two things at once.
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: front clip harness?   front clip harness? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 9:12 am

I used the Easy walk harness we got the first one at Petsmart. I made a second one for my second dog. We also have used these with back packs on our dogs with very little problems. front clip harness? 402949867

This is a picture of the one I made for my female. I didn't put the extra slides on the front cause they really didn't work well for us I ended up sewing the one I got at petsmart in place cause they didn't stay put.
Back to top Go down
MayaAndSophie
Senior
Senior
MayaAndSophie

Female Join date : 2012-08-30

PostSubject: Re: front clip harness?   front clip harness? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:03 pm

I hate the extra slides on the easy walk one and they would constantly step over the leash on walks since it was set kinda low. Didn't help that it would loosen not even halfway through a walk. I love the walk your dog with love harness more and it doesn't loosen. I use them under backpacks too and there's no problem.
Back to top Go down
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: front clip harness?   front clip harness? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 1:40 pm

You may have seen Link or Korra in one in pics. It's a local Seattle company and they are great, come in a variety of colors, and are fully adjustable. They're called Wonder Walker Harnesses.

I have no idea what kind of online availability they have but if you can't find one and you want one PM me and I can send you one from around town, they are sold everywhere. They cost $20-$26. Look in either Link or Korra's scrapbook or the Seattle thread for pics.

I can help you with sizing as well. They clip front and back. From experience, back clip makes Link pull like he's sledding but front clip makes him heel like a gentleman Smile

Cheers.

Last edited by seattlesibe on Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: front clip harness?   front clip harness? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 2:01 pm

Yeah, I really don't like the Easy Walk. I used it with my Standard Poodle and it was crappy. It didn't stay tightened and it loosened with every step he took. He didn't even pull, in any way, shape, or form...so I can only imagine how it would "work" with a dog who pulls like crazy.

I don't really suggest those. The walk your dog with love harness is much better IMO. But, to each his own. I know some people who use the easy walk and it works perfect. But, if it doesn't even stay fit on a Standard Poodle is heels with ease..I can't imagine it working well for a crazy puller.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

PostSubject: Re: front clip harness?   front clip harness? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 3:35 pm

thanks everyone for your responses! i was thinking of getting the easy walk for now but the loosen problem a few of you had makes me very nervous, Jasper is my runner I swear I can see him laughing at me when he gets out! I'll look into the harness you mentioned Jeff and see if i can get something online I'll let you know. I want to eventually try biking with them or possibly put together a cart for them to pull on walks to carry my nephew and future neice so the back clip would be nice also, thanks! My mom has been looking at the harnesses with me and thought of making one but she doesnt have a good enough sewing machine, we will be making some packs for them though. For now I'll switch Jas to the standard harness i have around from when Nova was still with me, at least he wont be hacking as much then. Thank you so much everyone!!
Back to top Go down
ljelgin
Senior
Senior
ljelgin

Female Join date : 2012-01-29

PostSubject: Re: front clip harness?   front clip harness? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 4:16 pm

Alicia, You guys should be able to make some harness I don't use a real heavy duty machine to make mine I have made several harness, collars and leashes.
Back to top Go down
Sheba&Kennedy
Senior
Senior
Sheba&Kennedy

Female Join date : 2012-08-13

PostSubject: Re: front clip harness?   front clip harness? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 4:39 pm

A walking harness shouldn't be used to for biking/carting. Those types of sports use specific harnesses. Walking harness are just that; walking harnesses. You will have to buy a different, high quality harness that is more suited for the sport you are wanted to use it for.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379867695570/
seattlesibe
Senior
Senior
seattlesibe

Male Join date : 2013-02-05

PostSubject: Re: front clip harness?   front clip harness? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 5:09 pm

Well said and good point Kelsey. Padding is usually required on sporting harnesses.
Back to top Go down
http://www.k9convergencetraining.com
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

PostSubject: Re: front clip harness?   front clip harness? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 6:08 pm

Good point i'll be sure to look into something else when the time comes, it wont be for a while though trying to get just basic training down with the two of them at once is proving very difficult so i cant see anything but walking being done for quite a while.
Back to top Go down
LokiTheHusky
Teenager
Teenager
LokiTheHusky

Female Join date : 2013-04-14

PostSubject: Re: front clip harness?   front clip harness? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2013 6:16 pm

For pulling you on Bike or with sled, I would suggest the Hooner Hybrid Harness. ( http://hooner.co.uk/products/64.php ) Smile It is used by many bike and skijorers Wink I have heard rave reviews on it from those I have talked to with it, and Have just ordered my own.

front clip harness? 861910_156287957864223_441823662_n

Back to top Go down
Bella_Jasper
Teenager
Teenager
Bella_Jasper

PostSubject: Re: front clip harness?   front clip harness? EmptyMon May 06, 2013 10:46 am

So i was at petsmart with my sister getting a harness on her pup and decided i'd try the top paw walking harness for the hell of it..... its going back as soon as it can! The thing ripped in half almost and jasper was in it maybe 15 minutes i dont think even that long. It also just didnt fit him, like it was meant for a completely different body type or something. The straps that are supposed to go around his shoulders and under him just pulled forward towards his neck and made the frontstrap with the leash connection gab and he was all over the leash. We didnt really even walk in it we went for a short ride to my sisters for play, that didnt happen cause none of the children would listen two or four legged, so maybe some in the driveway and walking into my sisters a bit in the house then i noticed it ripped and just put him back on his collar. 'll probably try to walk my dog with love in a few weeks cause money is tight right now or order the wonder walk which maybe better cause the back clip. We want to bring all three dogs up to the park and theres a few shady trees we can teather them to with their 20' leashs for some time away from the house so i figure him being on a back clip harness would be better for that at it will be better for car rides since i teather them in the back. I am considering the halti or whatever it is called, I personally dont like them too much and im sure Jasper will dispise me for it but the way he waks right now I'm ready to tie him to the bumper of the truck and drive around slowly in the neighborhood. Oh! The wonder walk is available online Jeff thanks for the help with that!!
Back to top Go down
soul embrace
Teenager
Teenager
soul embrace

Male Join date : 2013-01-04

PostSubject: Re: front clip harness?   front clip harness? EmptyTue May 07, 2013 9:43 pm

i have the easy walk harness that is found at petsmart and i really didn't like it. it really didn't keep my husky mix from pulling and the part that goes behind their front legs seemed to hinder her walking.

i have a regular harness that i use when i let her out on the tie out that she pulls like crazy if i walk her with it, but i got the urban trail harness (love it and i highly recommend it) from Alpine Outfitters and she doesn't pull near as bad and it's also made for bikejoring
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: front clip harness?   front clip harness? Empty

Back to top Go down

front clip harness?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1